O-sawa Mitsuki FE4 manga translation thread

Tomoyo

Massive thanks to you for doing this. Since you've found a translator, does this mean you have an entire team ready to release now?

We'll be ready to go once everyone's finals are over and I get a working scanner (the one I bought, well, there were issues with the product and I informed the seller). A couple of us are looking around for a good one. It's that or the printer, which I'm finding kind of unreliable, because if I'm in the middle of a scanning process and either color or black ink runs out and we have no spares, I'm screwed. Thus, for now, I'm just using camera shots to get some pages out until something is figured out. I would have a scanner by now if I had money, actually. No, seriously; money is my problem. But then, we didn't have a full scan team until now so I guess it's okay. And it's not like I did nothing all that time since I finally got people together.

I'll definitely pop in when I purchase and receive the scanner, as well as when we start working. I'm sorry this is taking forever and I wish it would speed up; especially because summer is rolling around where most of us are.

As of now, we have a confirmed cleaner, someone to redraw lines, a translator, two of us will be typesetting as things stand now, and most of us if not all will be proofreading. I had a couple other offers for cleaning here, so if you guys are still interested, let me know please. Our cleaner has a full time job and having more cleaners will probably speed things up a bit.

Edited by Jugdral Defender

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i gotta give kudos to anyone working on this right now because not only do they not have to do this at all but i really appreciate what they're doing. i also really want to know what happens and to see all the pairings as well.

• 2 weeks later...

A full time job and a FFXIV addiction you mean. Pft.

Well, once the scanner gets to her she can start scanning and stop just teasing us with her feels when flipping through it. ;)

But yeah if anyone wants to help with the inevitable cleaning so I can skip straight to redrawing in combined panels that'd be a great help... not that I think I'd have too much trouble cleaning since in the past I've maintained a chapter/week page pretty easily, but more hands are always welcome.

i gotta give kudos to anyone working on this right now because not only do they not have to do this at all but i really appreciate what they're doing. i also really want to know what happens and to see all the pairings as well.

Can we please count Sety/Ishtar as a pairing before I go insane because the manga made it so legit and my feelings crashed

I appreciate everyone's appreciation tbh. If you guys weren't around for all your interest in the manga, I'd probably be a lot less motivated. I mean, I would've bought the books, but if so many people weren't asking for scans, I wouldn't be quite as motivated to do this so soon.

Hopefully we don't have any issues with the scanner I bought this time. I should have it within the next day or two. This week, definitely.

A full time job and a FFXIV addiction you mean. Pft.

Well, once the scanner gets to her she can start scanning and stop just teasing us with her feels when flipping through it. ;)

But yeah if anyone wants to help with the inevitable cleaning so I can skip straight to redrawing in combined panels that'd be a great help... not that I think I'd have too much trouble cleaning since in the past I've maintained a chapter/week page pretty easily, but more hands are always welcome.

I'M SORRY BUT MY FEELINGS EXPLODE A LOT. THIS IS FE4.

Also look at this lucky asshole with her asshole icon. Since we're picking up right where Holsety Scans left off, we're getting right into tons of Trabant stuff. ...And then after volume seven you get to wait until volume fourteen with me, coincidentally. Can we scan backwards?

I'M SORRY BUT MY FEELINGS EXPLODE A LOT. THIS IS FE4.

Also look at this lucky asshole with her asshole icon. Since we're picking up right where Holsety Scans left off, we're getting right into tons of Trabant stuff. ...And then after volume seven you get to wait until volume fourteen with me, coincidentally. Can we scan backwards?

LOTS OF SCREAMING AT YOU OVER OUR DAMN FEELINGS

I'm so excited that you're finally able to get this project off the ground though! I'm just around for the ride and to lend my photoshoppy/artsy skills (and to relentlessly tease you over dumb shit because that's what I do).

Seriously appreciate that you have the patience to scan all this because 1. I'm too cheap to buy the whole manga 2. I'm lazy.

But yes please give me all the G1 Trabant okay? Good.

Your Photoshop skills are crucial here, shhh. Here I'd just be using MS Paint and we do not want that lol.

Update on the manga though: First part scanned. Cleaner and translator are working on it! We're considering putting up a few preview pages every now and then. We've all been waiting on this for a while, so... I'm sure people wanna see whatever they can see before we're done with each section.

Once we're totally set on where the manga is going, I'll update here to let you guys know. Should I just make a new thread, honestly? I wasn't sure if I was going to, and we're going to be discussing where we're putting the manga (making a website with all the volumes on it, DropBox, Tumblr page, etc.). I'll still update whenever new chapters come out (here or on a new thread if that's how things go).

Rest easy, friends! There's lots and lots of pain on the way! :Pent:

Thanks for picking the Oosawa project back up!

I've read all the previous translations and was sad to see it discontinued. But now we can look forward to get back into the shoujo Jugdral madness!

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a translator, I can give you the rest of the scans I did way back when (vol 6 and 7). I have offered to give them to whoever was willing to translate, but no one took me up on the offer.

good luck with the scanning, it takes hours to do each book.

which set do you have? There are 3, but only the MF ones are complete (SC deluxe stops before the end of the first half).

I think our scanner is rather determined to do it all herself, but thank you for offering! :)

As it is we have volume 6 scanned and the rest is being worked on. She has the entire complete set.

The rest is just getting our schedules together.

Edited by ChildofDain

I have the original set printed in 1999-2001. Sixteen volumes; not the other version with eleven volumes.

As above, I've already finished scanning volume six. The delay is just that there's only so much we can do at once, and everyone is really giving their best to make everything look good and neat (i.e. taking more time to make it look good rather than speeding up to get it out faster). Volume seven won't be tough to scan since from seven and onward all the books are literally about half the size of the first six; but thanks for the good luck.

Tbh a translator was the last thing we got (and I imagine most people understand this is a long manga and would take commitment, so...). We didn't have one until I told a friend about the manga and told her the online scans stopped early, but that she'd be able to continue soon once I found a translator since I have all the manga and that we planned to get it up. It was right then that was she basically like "Oh, I can translate!", so it turns out I wound up with one of my online friends translating, totally on accident. Otherwise I was left to go on a search for someone, so... that's pretty much the story of my luck stat being maxed that day.

As far as updates go, pretty sure I'm just gonna go with TravelingElder's suggestion and make a new thread where I can link all the chapter downloads as we get more stuff out so it's easy to update and keep everyone up to date with. I'll get around to that once we complete the next chapter so we have something to put up there when I make the thread.

really looking forward to reading the new stuff but at the same time worried cause i know what chapters next.

Next chapter, more like, Trabant can't get a date. If only he'd met ChildofDain.

Is there any Briggid * Dew / Tiltyu * Azel / Sylvia * Claud development in the untranslated chapters?

Brigid/Dew, yes, but it's maybe fifty/fifty between him and Midir. I'd say there's actually way more development on Brigid/Midir and more development for Dew as a character. Being honest here, Brigid/Midir looked like it was going to happen way more than Brigid/Dew. I guess the author couldn't make up her mind right away but wanted to go with the idea of a pirate/thief thing in the end? Especially since for story purposes, that would explain in part why Patty decided to be a thief to support the orphans.

Tiltyu/Azel is ALL over the place in volume eight, so it gets tons of panel time. It pretty much takes up the majority of the volume. Not just the pairing alone, but the Battle of Barhara in general was going on and many of the characters we know in the army got separated, so they were on their own together for a while. There's a lot of Freege and Velthomer family stuff going on during all of it.

Sylvia/Claude gets development literally on the very first pages of the new chapter and continues on again later. There's not much at all compared to the other pairings that happened prior (it really feels like the panel time for this pair was given a huge backseat), but it's definitely there.

Ohhhh! Thank Naga, it's alive!

I'm so glad I came lurking in to get info on Fates. Now to wait patiently for both.

Thank you Jugdral Defender, ChildofDain and everybody else involved in the project. This makes me so happy.

Wheres volume six?

Second gen the new team is getting started, we shouldn't pressure them. Edited by TravelingElder

Glad to see this is alive. This manga is my most favorite FE manga after all, as Oosawa does a good job of portraying the war in FE4 by actually making it a war. Godspeed to the new translation team and thank you.

Wheres volume six?

I'll put this the rather polite way rather than the typical 'me' way of saying things (aka my normal bitter as fuck self):

For a good portion of our team this is their first time working on any project. While I've done cleaning for scanlations before there's been a lot of learning going on. Once we get into the flow of things we'll probably pick up speed but mostly things lie within figuring out our own strengths and weaknesses.

It's mostly just teaching people GIMP/Photoshop at this point. Our translation is having her fun running far ahead of us so the script is coming along nicely. :)

...wait, wait!

Next chapter, more like, Trabant can't get a date. If only he'd met ChildofDain.

...!!!!

I told you I don't want to date him! Too much baggage. No marriage, no date. Just... like maybe one or two good nights. ;)

Edited by ChildofDain

Volume six will not be finished for a little while. As of now, we're still getting things together and figuring out exactly what we want to do, where everything's going, and just getting organized. It's more than just working on the next chapter alone right now. As ChildofDain said, we'll probably pick up the speed later on. Volume six is also a very large volume and will take much more time overall than the following volumes.

I will say this again: We are not worrying about speed. We are choosing quality over speed. More along the idea of "let's do this the best we can the first time so we don't have to go back later after releasing chapters/volumes and fix tons of things". Please stop asking us to move quickly or implying it. This project isn't meant to get stressful and will not be rushed. I want to get this done just as quickly as everyone wants to see it, and all of us are looking forward to the results of each finished chapter. Still not gonna rush it. We're not trying to sound rude, but it does get frustrating when you're constantly and/or repeatedly asked to hurry.

I'm willing to nyoom through volume fourteen scanning and typesetting. That's ages off from now, though.

Meanwhile, our translator is having a hell of a time translating horse noises. Seriously.

Elder, you're a shining ray of light in the darkness of Jugdral.

...!!!!

I told you I don't want to date him! Too much baggage. No marriage, no date. Just... like maybe one or two good nights. ;)

I was mostly referring to the fact that Ethlin refused him and Arion is an illegitimate child, so Trabant is forever alone. :P Then there's Cuan, with such a wonderful wife and two adorable children and the greatest of friends...

I will say this again: We are not worrying about speed. We are choosing quality over speed. More along the idea of "let's do this the best we can the first time so we don't have to go back later after releasing chapters/volumes and fix tons of things".

I believe neither Ace or Tomoyo bothered to fix old chapters, though; don't worry too much about that. I don't want to read my early Hasha no Tsurugi translations ever again

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaners are working on chapter 39, translator is working on volume seven (completed six; she's way ahead of us), and the typesetters are working on the coming chapter.

Unfortunately I realized that because I and the other typesetter were using two different programs to typeset, one of us had to switch the program we were using because the final versions looked too different, and I had done more work than her up to that point, so I had to redo everything I'd gotten done to that point (her final versions looked better, so we went with her program).

Again, this chapter's release is wicked slow because we're just settling in, deciding what programs to use, how we're going about things for the rest of the manga so we don't have to do all this later, etc. Silence on our part doesn't mean we're vanishing and dropping the project. :) I have too many feelings about this manga to drop it. >.>; Hopefully once we get chapter 38 out, it'll pick up from there!

The good news is that our translator had way too much fun translating horse noises because of Andre's Beige Ritter. Also Midir is a total badass. Now if only he could be like that in the game.

Cleaners are working on chapter 39, translator is working on volume seven (completed six; she's way ahead of us), and the typesetters are working on the coming chapter.

Unfortunately I realized that because I and the other typesetter were using two different programs to typeset, one of us had to switch the program we were using because the final versions looked too different, and I had done more work than her up to that point, so I had to redo everything I'd gotten done to that point (her final versions looked better, so we went with her program).

Again, this chapter's release is wicked slow because we're just settling in, deciding what programs to use, how we're going about things for the rest of the manga so we don't have to do all this later, etc. Silence on our part doesn't mean we're vanishing and dropping the project. :) I have too many feelings about this manga to drop it. >.>; Hopefully once we get chapter 38 out, it'll pick up from there!

The good news is that our translator had way too much fun translating horse noises because of Andre's Beige Ritter. Also Midir is a total badass. Now if only he could be like that in the game.

don't worry about it take as much time as necessary.

also midir did take an axe to the face and in my book that qualifies for badassery