FE13 Lunatic LTC, finished in 80 turns

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fwiw I did get further, but optimizing the lategame routs (especially for reliability) is too tiring, and I had double the maps to do it for, since I did both lingering options (go get Anna or not) in parallel. Don’t really have decent write-ups, so I’d pretty much have to do them again which I don’t have motivation for, given Fates is here and all.

Also, personally I’ve become more interested in doing essentially “single-segment/ironman/resetless” LTCs, for many of the reasons they’ve become (somewhat) preferred over segmented stuff for speedruns. It’s a fairly obvious progression since I’ve always favored reliability as well, which is inherently more important for that kind of run. When I get back to FE13, I might try something like that (or no Pair Up Lunatic or No Second Seal Lunatic+ which is something that’s always in the back of my mind).

[spoiler=really minor FE14 gameplay spoilers, sorry]Anyways, FE14 is also a lot more attractive atm for quite a few reasons. Being new, all the skill/stance positioning implications, fixed level ups in Lunatic and completely predictable Dual Attack/Guard, and more.

That said, it’s very impressive what’s being done here. Didn’t really lose early turns with +Spd Pegasus’ low def and lance rank, still snowballed for Galeforce just in time. I’m mainly curious if Morgan will snowball in time for C23/24 (Robin might fall off, if she had trouble with C12), though saving the paralogues should help.

Edited by XeKr

Robin got a lot of good (most importantly mag) levels between C10 and C13, so she'll probably keep up to par. I plan on making her a Sorcerer to Nostank C23 (reclassed right after killing weak Validar). She might have a mag deficit regardless, but there's a 96%+ chance that Chrom fires off a DS to make up for it, which probably is enough since she'll double pretty safely. Robin's mag is lower than the Str of a physical MU would be, though she takes advantage of hitting the typically weaker defense of the enemies, which was one of the issues I had against C12's Paladins, since their res is super high.

Retrospectively though, I can imagine a 2-turn would've worked on C12 had I paired Kellam with Fred and rigged a Luna proc to oneshot the bottom-left Paladin with a Beastkiller forge on PP, counterkilled all Cavs on EP, had Libra and someone with Levin Sword finish the Knights that attacked him and on turn 2 exposed him to a remaining Cavalier in the left bow knight's group. Could've used a tome forge to ORKO the Paladins with a single Chrom DS, and mopped up the ship on turn 2 with Chrom having the Rapier equipped, attacked Dalton on both PP and EP. Since I would pull both Bow Knights on the first turn, a Cavalier from the centre would charge towards the bottom of the map, who could've been killed by some random chipper + Cordelia with the droppable beastkiller. Tharja would take on a remaining Knight from the bottom-left group, and Cherche could've killed the remaining Cavalier from the right bow knight's gang. Unfortunately, since I play on a physical card, I couldn't make a backup save. Anyway, it seems like a 2-turn is feasible with Dark Flier!Avatar, if pretty shaky.

Wrt Paralogues, my plan was to do them as soon as possible, so Morgan can gain more exp from them, as long as I can get the minimum turncount (P1-3 in a single turn each, P4 in 2). I'm positive about him being good enough for the routs, since Galeforce allows for 2 kills each PP, and he has good stats as is (plus a Say'ri/Panne pairup can always help).

Updated C14, done in 1 turn.

Edited by Gradivus.

Updated P4.

As for P2, I tried it and some of the Barbarians (6 of them) don't attack on EP because they go for the village, so it doesn't seem like a 1-turn would work.

Edited by Gradivus.

As long as the village is still open, those Barbarians will ignore all player units and make a beeline for it (Anna knows this, which is why she seems to flail around like a berserker as she chases them all over the place without healing). However, once the village is closed, they will revert to the same AI as everything else. If you can somehow get someone up to visit the village on the first PP, you can get them to fight you on EP.

I see, though I'm not sure if it's possible to get the village in 1 turn and have everyone in the correct spots for the rout. Though there might be a way to tweak things and get the 1-turn done.

Some theorycrafting/rambling:

The map has 10 deployment slots.

1. Chrom

2.-4. Robin, Morgan, Lucina

5. Olivia

6.-10. are free

Routing the group in the south-east mountain range requires one flying Galeforcer and a rescue (Anna being ferried by Cordelia) or 2 flying Galeforcers. The latter version seems to be more viable. 6. and 7. are Cherche and Anna. Anna must stand above the Mage to counterkill at least one of the fighters in the village area, the other one is taken care of by her NPC sister (and the Archer is killed by Lucina right before the village is visited), so the 9 mov is required.

The best way to rout the group above the start seems to be an 8-mov flier ferrying Chrom, who pulls it off with Levin Sword. Slot 8 is for Cordelia, assisted somehow, then.

Getting the village in 1 turn requires double Galeforce, done by a 10 mov flier + promoted Lucina. Morgan will promote to Griffon, so it might be possible later on, provided Robin will still be a flier to rout the RHS.

The boss area rout was planned to be done by Fred, ferried by Sumia, ORKOing Vincent and the mooks, pretty simple stuff. 9. is Sumia and 10. is Fred. Olivia can get Cordelia into position to ferry Chrom without 8 mov.

Resulting in this:

1. Chrom

2.-4. Galeforcers

5. Anna

6. Cordelia

7. Cherche

8. Fred

9. Sumia

10. Olivia

I kinda implied that Robin might not be a flier forever. The reason is C23. C21 can be 1-turned without Valk!Robin due to triple Galeforce, though C23 is very complicated and Morgan doesn't want to face multiple bows on the same EP. I plan on having Robin (thanks to GK!Chrom's +1 move pairup) kill weak Validar on PP, rescue Olivia and reclass to Sorc right afterwards for Nosferatanking. She would have to gain 900 EXP as a Valkyrie, so I don't want to postpone the P2 clear too far. I won't do the chapter now though, since the 1-turn seems to work later on with your village suggestion.

Edited by Gradivus.

From my point of view, maybe a No-Duo LTC run of Hard mode could be more interesting, mainly because it's an unexplored territory (while being a terrifyingly hard one).

Not that your run isn't interesting, but I think this should be given a try.

Yeah, it's probably worth giving a shot. It seems to be totally different because even in HM, Fred and Robin still need a pairup to double stuff early on. Dunno about lategame, but it's probably similar turncount-wise, since the enemies in HM are weaker and Robin can probably hold her own without a pairup bonus. Maybe the slower pace in the early chapters allows for other solid units to be trained, which can help with the lategame routs. The DSes needed to meet damage quotas can likely be replaced by large forges at least to an extent. Not having defensive or speed pairup bonuses looks harder to solve though.

Updated with C15 and C16.

Edited by Gradivus.

I've started doing it, and for some kills you'll really need to rely on dual strikes. You can 3 to 4 turns most of early chapters, as long as you can use Frederick's full mvt.

MU Mag+ Skl- seems to work best for it. Mag+ MU can kill any early mook with Chrom, as long as both of them hit.

I've started doing it, and for some kills you'll really need to rely on dual strikes. You can 3 to 4 turns most of early chapters, as long as you can use Frederick's full mvt.

MU Mag+ Skl- seems to work best for it. Mag+ MU can kill any early mook with Chrom, as long as both of them hit.

SKL affects dual strike, though. Since you really need to rely on them, wouldn't -Luk be better?

The trend got broken, a 2-turn clear appeared!

P17 done. Walhart is looking scary, I'll probably have to forge crit on the Arcthunder and rig a non-Aegis crit with Anathema and finish off with Silver Axe!Morgan on C19. Kinda clueless for C20 atm. Getting 2 units to him looks like the best option, but it seems to be hard to do, especially when the dance is aimed for Chrom. He's 6 kills away from level 10 (if each kill nets 30 EXP, which is optimistic).

Taking a week for a 1-turn map feels kind of weird. Anyway, updated with C19. Strongly considering a C20 2-turn to dump more exp into Morgan, Tiki and Robin. A 1-turn is appearing to be super unreliable, and the high density should allow for more efficient exp dumping than C21 or C22 would. Plus I feel I need extra training for the double rout and endgame. Survival might be an issue, but we'll see.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 2 months later...

Sorry, haven't played awakening yet, but what is the reasoning behind the following rule?

- Paralogues 1, 2, 3, 4 and 17 are mandatory; it doesn't matter when they are done. Children paralogues are optional. All paralogues are counted for turns.

Also, do you plan to return to this run anytime soon?

Small update: I pretty much mapped out a C20 strat, now the Dark Knight has to disappear from the rescue staff shop.

Edited by Gradivus.

Updated with C20 and C21. No C22 yet since I need an HP tonic, the shop for which is blocked by a Paladin.

Edited by Gradivus.

• 5 months later...

Reformatted the stat boxes in the playlog to make them look better.

As for the progress, I tried around with chapter 23 a bit. My original plan was to have Robin (+1 mov from GK!Chrom) kill weak Validar on turn 1, then rescue Olivia thanks to Galeforce and charge into the enemies, but the odds are very much piled up against Robin on this map. Here are her combat stats against some sample enemies if I gave her an Angelic Robe, 2 Dracoshields* and Tonics for both stats:

Enemy Type               Dmg        Truehit
Silver!Assassin          17/62      97

Silver!General           25/62      88
Spear!General            20/62      82

Silver!Berserker         38/62      37
Tomahawk!Berserker       33/62      30

Wyrmslayer!Hero          15/62      98
Silver!Hero              18/62      100

Rexcalibur!Sorc          27/62      86
Thoron!Sorc              31/62      60

Offense isn't really an issue, as she has Valflame at her disposal and Chrom has a 96% chance to land at least 1 DS per combat round so she can kill enemies with weaker tomes (although his accuracy can be slightly irksome).

My original idea was to use a second seal mid-chapter to Sorcerer so she can Nosferatank the enemies, but she is over 5 levels short of that right now. Tiki's combat against Generals, Assassins and Sorcerers (which she should take care of at the start) could also use some help, and while Morgan with Lucina in the back and Killer/Silver Axe is pretty reliable at killing things, I need to buy more of those weapons and I'm pretty low on money, having to buy 3 second seals (GK!Chrom, Sorc!Robin, WL!Morgan for extra levels), along with tonics and weapons. My current cash is 7000G, so the second seals along would bring me below 0 already (i.e. needing to sell a lot to barely afford things). My main units also need to improve their offenses, with Morgan having 32 Str and Robin 32 Mag, which is pretty weak against Grima.

I noticed that I have Cynthia's paralogue unlocked. The map contains an arms scroll (money or Hammerne!Libra), a second seal and a bullion (L), saving me 12500G, and a lot of exp for Robin and Morgan. Redwall managed to clear that map in 2 turns with Robin and Morgan in magic classes. My team seems to be capable of a 2-turn too. In a dry run, Robin hit 6.99 at the end of the map, with a failed KO against one mook (that can be more reliable with a different tome), so probably a bit above 7.00 ideally, while Morgan hits 15.xx, so Robin probably can't reclass at the start of C23 anyway, but with enough rescue spam and slightly risky EP action, she might reach it around turn 3 or 4.

*Note that Morgan also likes to get defensive boosters since he can't absorb HP unlike Nostank!Robin, so there's some competition for those

Edited by Gradivus.

I can't make any quality recordings of the strategies since I don't have a capture card and they're way too expensive for 1 playthrough.

I might well record the epilogue with a regular camera though because I don't have to play while recording.