Tyne-Wear Mafia Signups - 20/20, literally no subs

Parrhesia

Twice a year in the English Premier League, the Tyne-Wear derby takes place. Newcastle United against Sunderland, the two powers of the region. Victory brings with it glory, bragging rights, and a lot of fighting in the streets. Defeat brings shame, mutiny, and Titus Bramble. The match is more or less sacred - and nothing is more important.

Until now, outright murder had been thought to be a step too far. But it turns out that nothing is sacred anymore.

This is a 20-player game, with NOC in effect. There are arguable shades of bastardry, but this game's balance has been double-checked and vouched for by Eclipse, so you're in safe hands.

With regards to the "bastard" tag: The game itself is NOT bastard. However, there may be a few things that are. . .unexpected. Thus, the tag.

I'm more than a little rusty, so if there's any questions about the rules, I'll be happy to clarify.

SIGNUPS

1. Kirsche

2. Polydeuces

3. SB

4. CT

5. Prims

6. Weapons

7. Pascal

8. Belisarius

9. Shin

10. Randa

11. Paperblade

12. Blitz

13. BBM

14. Rapier

15. Strawman

16. scorri

17. Reinfleche

18. Refa

19. The Bear

20. Bluedoom

THE BENCH

[spoiler=Rules]

1. No Outside Contact.

2. I'll set up a graveyard for the deceased.

3. Don't quote anything I tell you in private unless I tell you otherwise. This includes your role PM.

4. No screenshots.

5. No editing posts.

6. Post at least once a day, unless you've a good reason. If you do, then tell someone.

7. Apparently tactical modkilling is a thing now. Not on my fucking watch.

8. No night talking.

[spoiler=Mechanics]1. Inspection results are not guaranteed to be accurate.

2. Vote with ##VERB: USER. Unvote with ##Unvote. Don't hide votes in spoilers or any other way.

3. Days last 72 hours and Nights last 24. If a phase ends early for some reason, you'll get an extension in the following phase equal to the leftover time in the previous phase up to a maximum of 24 hours.
3.1 Days end early if a hammer is reached.
3.2 Nights end early if all actions are in.

4. You need a hammer to lynch. The second failed lynch results in universal loss. Don't be jerks.
4.1 Hammer is the first vote that brings the number of votes on a player to over 50% of all possible votes as determined by me.

5. You can't target yourself.

6. You can target the dead but I can't guarantee anything will happen.

7. The role PM takes precedence over this ruleset, but when in doubt, ask first.

8. No fools/jesters, nor is there a cult.

9. Looking up names/roles will probably not avail you - not every player in the Sunderland's faction is with them at this time, July 2014, and the scum all have Sunderland-aligned aliases.

Edited by Parrhesia

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Rule 6, is that once a day phase or once every 24 hours?

I'm considering joining, not 100% sure if I will or not yet.

The precise bastardry of this game is up for debate; Eclipse seemed pretty borderline about it. It's definitely not out-and-out out to fuck you.

(I will answer questions a little later, just... need some time atm)

Edited by Parrhesia

With regards to the "bastard" tag: The game itself is NOT bastard. However, there may be a few things that are. . .unexpected. Thus, the tag.

(sorry Furet, you're on your own until I can sit up for extended periods of time)

I would love to sign up but I am quite sure that I'd manage to not contribute anything and lurk more or less as long as I stayed alive.

I'd maybe sub if I feel like I'm more in the mindset that mafiaing requires.