Translation patches

VincentASM

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

So I downloaded the patches but cant seem to find the patch itself in my emulator. Also while I found the first patch I tried I could not rename the patch. I'm a little new around here so any and all help would be appreciated.

Edited by Retnyr

Also I'm running the MyBoy Gba emulator. I'm trying to get the English patch for The Binding Blade. As I have yet to play it. I downloaded the rom and the the first patch I couldn't edit to fit my rom and now I can't find the patch I just downloaded.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Will there ever be a 100% translation for Thracia 776? Did the person just stop working on it? Are there any plans to continue? Anyone else planning on translating the game?

bookofholsety plans on doing it once he finishes the new FE4 translation. (which is almost finished! yay!)

• 3 months later...

I have a bit of a problem. I've tried using both patches on their respective versions of Monshou no Nazo, but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it's my emulator (I'm using SNES9x) or if the ROM isn't a header, but regardless it doesn't work for whatever reason. I also can't seem to find a working version of SNESTool.

I have a bit of a problem. I've tried using both patches on their respective versions of Monshou no Nazo, but it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if it's my emulator (I'm using SNES9x) or if the ROM isn't a header, but regardless it doesn't work for whatever reason. I also can't seem to find a working version of SNESTool.

Did you run SNESTool in DOSBox?

Edit: check the size of your ROM. If it's 3,145,728 bytes, it's unheadered. If it's 3,146,240, it's headered.

Edited by shinpichu

Hey Vincent, now that project Naga's out, and seems to be 100% complete translation-wise, you may want to update the OP. The Project Naga translation patch thread should probably be stickied as well.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having a problem.

I saw this post and I thought "hey, why don't I just patch it on my PC and send it to my phone so i can play it wherever." (Keep in mind I've done this with multiple games before) So I get my clean Japanese copy of the game, test it out beforehand to make sure (surely enough it was), I check if its headered or not headered which it was, so then i do the patching process with lunar ips and when i move that file to my phone and open it with my Super Retro 16 emulator, it works.

So you may be asking what's the problem?

After I finished the prologue of the game i decided to take a break. Keep in mind I saved twice at the beginning of chapter 1 (when you're able to move your units). So I come back a little later and to my horror when i booted the game there was no save file, just the new game option. My first guess was something was up with my emulator, so I opened up another game, got to a point where I can save and when I left that game and returned it actually saved. So the emulator wasn't the problem.

My next try was using another emulator, so I used Snes9x+. But instead of it just working and not being able to save, what happened was I couldn't even open the game. So I THEN decided to get another fresh Jap ROM of the game from somewhere else and this time open it in Snes9x+ to make sure. It works. So I do the same exact patching process, making sure everything was right, which it was, but when i finished patching the game and opened it one more time, it didn't open again! THIS emulator isn't the problem either as I not only can open the Japanese ROM, but can open other games without a problem.

I hope this doesn't sound like I'm criticizing the patch everyone worked on because in the contrary, it's really amazing from what I've seen so far which is why i want to play it, but it can't be the ROM's or the emulators because of the steps i used to make sure, I even reinstalled my emulators twice. Also I've patched multiple games and played them on my phone emulators countless times so I doubt it's a mobile/mobile emulator problem.

If it helps any, unlike other games where just opening them or making save files makes a couple of files show up, (ie. Earthbound.zip, Earthbound.frz when i open that game up.) it never made any files on my phone besides the "Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu (J).zip" file even when opened on the only emulator that works, which is Super Retro 16.

Sorry for the long post, been trying so many things all day and I'm just a little flustered. Any help is appreciated a lot :).

• 7 months later...

Need some help, I downloaded the rom and patch for Thracia 776 but when I try to implement the patch using lunar IPS, it won't find the rom. I actually loaded the rom prior to patching and saw the opening in english, I'm having a feeling the rom I downloaded might've been prepatched. If so, can another patch override the previous patch.  I also still want to know why my Lunar IPS won't find the rom

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The front page has not been updated since 2015. However, the past few years have seen remarkable progress in Fire Emblem translation patches, especially for Thracia. The opening post should be updated to account for these changes.

Also, since we have KagaSaga stuff in General Fire Emblem, it would probably be appropriate to add the KagaSaga translation patches to the opening post as well.

I know that more specific threads for translation patches exist in the different subsections, but I think it would be nice to have a centralized place for all the translation patches. If not, this thread should probably be unpinned.

• 2 months later...
On 2/18/2020 at 5:55 AM, AnonymousSpeed said:

The front page has not been updated since 2015. However, the past few years have seen remarkable progress in Fire Emblem translation patches, especially for Thracia. The opening post should be updated to account for these changes.

Also, since we have KagaSaga stuff in General Fire Emblem, it would probably be appropriate to add the KagaSaga translation patches to the opening post as well.

I know that more specific threads for translation patches exist in the different subsections, but I think it would be nice to have a centralized place for all the translation patches. If not, this thread should probably be unpinned.

That's I great ideea, I just started the FE Series so I'm a noob but I want to play even older titles and many of us can't learn Japanese😕

• 3 years later...

In case anyone is still reading this in 2023... I've got a flash cart (super everdrive x6) for my super nintendo and after trying to run a hard patched ROM on the system, the only one I can get to work (out of the three I've tried) is Thracia 776. Thracia 776 was never completed, but it seems good enough to play. I've had to google a few items since the menu descriptions are missing most of the time, but it is hard to complain!  Mystery of the Emblem & Genealogy of the Holy War will not boot on the system after hard patching. I tried various roms and two different programs to patch, but no luck.  Although it won't run on the actual hardware, I'd be some emulators would run the hard patched roms just fine.

Edited by trooperstorm7856