WTF is up with the release date?

First I have to say great Manga. I read it twice, had to throw that in there. And I was wondering if a person can play the game on a DS r4, DS lite that is.

Flashcards only run in DS mode (except for a recent one that just came out...), therefore you're safe. I've downloaded it twice, but was forced to delete it due to the language barrier. :(

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flashcards only run in DS mode (except for a recent one that just came out...), therefore you're safe. I've downloaded it twice, but was forced to delete it due to the language barrier. :(

I just downloaded it and placed it in the memory card, but as the game loads up it just stops and forces me to restart the r4. It does te same to Pokemon Black. Any ideas?

Edited by JosefLior

I just downloaded it and placed it in the memory card, but as the game loads up it just stops and forces me to restart the r4. It does te same to Pokemon Black. Any ideas?

My guess is that it's got some AP (anti-piracy). How much do you know about flashcards? I know quite a bit, so if you'd like to PM me I'd be happy to help you there.

they could be making it 3d for the 3ds... probably not though...

Yeah, probably the latter.

FE8 came out in America a long time after the DS came out, but it was still on the GBA. There were some fans back then who thought it would be ported to the DS though, similar to your idea.

Because the R4 is no longer supported, if you have an actual R4. You are more likely to have a knock-off copy of it though.

If you didn't find help from the member, check out gbatemp.net

Because the R4 is no longer supported, if you have an actual R4. You are more likely to have a knock-off copy of it though.

If you didn't find help from the member, check out gbatemp.net

Some clones can use Wood R4 though (IIRC), so if he has it he should be good when trying to play Pokemon. Especially so when trying to play Fire Emblem.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

FE8 came out in America a long time after the DS came out, but it was still on the GBA. There were some fans back then who thought it would be ported to the DS though, similar to your idea.

That's an interesting thing to know. I don't remember that... but then again, I really didn't know much about video games back then...

Anyway, it seems this discussion is everywhere (as in I've seen it on other places besides SF), one thing that is just upsetting is that, IIRC, Intelligent Systems doesn't really take the initiative with E3 and like, announce stuff. Like, when was FE11 announced? Wasn't it kinda just random, and not a big deal? And then it just came out? :\

I feel like that's what's gonna happen... and it's a yucky feeling. FE12 should be a big deal. It should be announced, and people should get hyped, and people should pre-order it, and yeah.

I can dream T_T

FE11's Japanese release was announced in some magazine article in October 2007, if I remember correctly, and its American release... sometime around August 2008? I'm not sure.

But yeah, it wasn't announced at E3 or any other video game convention... I don't think Fire Emblem games ever have been.

FE11 was "announced" during one of Nintendo's Autumn conferences for investors. It was shown as part of a video montage showing future DS games, the FE11 portion lasting mere seconds.

Not sure about FE7 and before, but I know that FE10 was shown at E3 2006 before anywhere else. Similar to FE11, it was only shown in video form, as part of a montage.

Do you mean the English version of FE9?

I'm pretty sure the Japanese version was announced in a magazine (around April 1st I might add), although it seems news of it's announcement was leaked around a month in advance. I might be getting confused with FE8, but it definitely wasn't at E3 first.

Edited by VincentASM

Do you mean the English version of FE9?

I'm pretty sure the Japanese version was announced in a magazine (around April 1st I might add), although it seems news of it's announcement was leaked around a month in advance. I might be getting confused with FE8, but it definitely wasn't at E3 first.

Yes I'm pretty sure it was the english version of FE9. I did say I forgot which year it was shown in, but I do know it was before it was released. How much time? I don't know. I even forget what the trailer they showed looked like at the time, but I'm pretty certain FE9 was showcased in E3. If what you're saying is true. Might I ask which year? I might get a good idea of which year it was in E3 if I know the year.

• 4 weeks later...

It also seems to me that FE12 isn't a high priority game for even Nintendo of Japan, since it was announced out of nowhere, just over a month before releasing (although I think Nintendo does that with games quite often, so don't take my word for it). So NOA/NOE probably are in no rush to get the game out.

I think they adopted that policy after the backlash at the well hyped but less than stellar Twilight Princess and Brawl. Only Pokemon Black/White got all that much hyping out before release (And even then, I think it was less than Gen 3 and 4, can't recall an early appearance of any Isshu/Unova pokes before the Zoroark movie), even the Mario Galaxy games just got shown at E3, then released some time after with minor advertising before release (and I don't see that much for Skyward Sword).

If someone already said it I'll say it again. They're waiting for the 3DS thing to blow over.

And it's Sunday in the US.

IDK about SF64, but OOT isn't coming out on release date. Apparently they added a bunch of stuff to it and it isn't ready yet.

I don't think much has been added. Master Quest has been incorporated, which takes very little effort once you have the game built already. The music, even up to the last videos, hasn't changed at all--so it's probably not going to be updated. Pretty much graphics is the only real upgrades that's gonna be noticeable by players, and controls. It's an update. Not too many developers remix old games :( Except Capcom with Resident Evil--oh, that was sweet.