WTF is up with the release date?

It's only a waste is no one on the team though their effort was effort well-used. And for people who had to learn how change the graphics, alter the text code, translate text, and make judgement calls--all of those are things which adds to one's experience.

I don't know many nice people who say things of experience are wastes of time.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's only a waste is no one on the team though their effort was effort well-used. And for people who had to learn how change the graphics, alter the text code, translate text, and make judgement calls--all of those are things which adds to one's experience.

I don't know many nice people who say things of experience are wastes of time.

Well, of course their work as in the verb is never wasted. I just meant regarding their work as in the noun. Since unless it's what NoA decides to use, then it will be wasted after all.

Search "Fire Emblem 12" on google.

it's the 4th link down

Search "Fire emblem heroes of light and shadow" on google.

It's on the first page.

Search "Fire Emblem Translation" or "Fire Emblem English" on google, it's also on the first page.

Search "fire emblem 12 translation" on google and it's the first 4 links, and related links cover almost the entire page.

What's "it" you ask? The translation blog.

My point?

It'd be RIDICULOUS for NoA not to know about it. If they ever google their own game and check the first page it's right there. If they SEARCH for it they'll DEFINITELY find it. It's not like we're trying to advertise like crazy and whatnot, that's just how google works and the translation is being stalked by a lot of people.

Also all of us came into this project knowing full-well the possible consequences. That includes quitting mid-way. And if they announce an official release, regardless of whether they tell us to "cease and desist", we're going to stop.

If they plan on releasing an official translation of FE12, the first thing they'll do is issue a cease-and-desist order to those working on the unofficial translation, if they have any business sense.

And the fan translators would probably tell us if NOA had told them to cease and desist.

Just seconding this comment

A month ago they had no gameplay translated, merely supports and the extras menus, battle conversations, basically just the little stuff. Don't see how they could have come so far from that in a month. Unless it's a different team.

Ouch--to be fair though he's right, we only did menus, a TINY portion of battle conversations (which has increased quite a bit now), no supports (the game lacks supports), and a few other small things here and there (like the prologue-1 text).

I should've used better wording with my post, there is still quite abit to do from what i've seen on the blog, it should be done in afew more months.

If things go REALLY well we'll finish by summer. But that probably won't happen. And between us, a little secret, I'm going to make up a statistic and say we're about 40% done, time-period wise. We've figured out over 85% of everything we need to hack. "Figured out" meaning we know how to edit it and all we have to do is actually make the edits. Cuz you see my job is not to translate, it's to figure out how to hack the stuff. And lately I've not been so useful since we've figured out most everything. :P The rest is mainly a matter of time, we've set up the factory, now we put everything on the assembly line and get it ready to be packaged. XP

Oh and this is a great experience btw, I've gotten a lot of useful skills out of my hacking experiences... XP

it's the 4th link down

It's on the first page.

Search "Fire Emblem Translation" or "Fire Emblem English" on google, it's also on the first page.

Search "fire emblem 12 translation" on google and it's the first 4 links, and related links cover almost the entire page.

My point?

It'd be RIDICULOUS for NoA not to know about it. If they ever google their own game and check the first page it's right there. If they SEARCH for it they'll DEFINITELY find it. It's not like we're trying to advertise like crazy and whatnot, that's just how google works and the translation is being stalked by a lot of people.

Google is a horrible example, because it tracks your searches and tailors results based on what it thinks you want. Or in other words, it censors what you search. What you get as a result, and what someone from Nintendo gets as a result, is going to be influenced by what they've looked up already.

http://duckduckgo.com/?q=fire+emblem+12

What you say still holds true for search engines which don't malform your search results :)

Edited by Celice

• 3 weeks later...

it's the 4th link down

It's on the first page.

My point?

Exactly, this is perhaps the most convincing argument that NOA does not plan on releasing FE12 outside of Japan (at least not for a while, anyway).

I think there's still a chance after a new pokémon game for the Nintendo DS has been announced... It means the DS is not death yet. Although I don't think it will be released anymore I still hold some hope. I hope at least that Fire Emblem 3DS will be released here :/

• 2 weeks later...

Eh, I have doubts that the pokemon game might not even make it out of japan.

The idea of a Pokemon game released on a mainline Nintendo console not being released outside of Japan is completely absurd to think about.

Unlike Fire Emblem, Pokemon is a cash-cow that repeatedly generates multi-million sellers even for it's worst or least inspired spinoffs. Not only that, but the new Nobunaga no Yabou entry has got a wave of "shock value" hype about it that will generate international demand. Anyhow, when was the last time a Pokemon game was Japan-only outside an arcade or an edutainment platform? The only ones I can think of go back over a decade.

Nintendo would simply be shooting themselves in the foot if they missed the chance to market Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition to America. Therefore, I suspect they'll find a way.

Roguelike games have been a bit popular in the Western world, however, before the Ranger idea came about... It had an audience already. If there's no audience for the crossover... :[

I'm not sure if the gameplay would be able to overpass the name and characters on the copy. At least, with your average consumer.

Roguelike games have been a bit popular in the Western world, however, before the Ranger idea came about... It had an audience already. If there's no audience for the crossover... :[

I'm not sure if the gameplay would be able to overpass the name and characters on the copy. At least, with your average consumer.

the game is bound to be a success in japan.

Anyhow, when was the last time a Pokemon game was Japan-only outside an arcade or an edutainment platform? The only ones I can think of go back over a decade.

The original Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Green come to mind...

The original Pokemon Stadium and Pokemon Green come to mind...

there was a original pokemon stadium? do tell.

i knew about Red/Green, though that might've been due to Gamefreak wanted to update the sprites for the overseas that became Red/Blue...along with fixing afew errors ofcourse.

Edited by HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

there was a original pokemon stadium? do tell.

It was released in Japan in 1998 and only had a mere 42 of the original 151 pokemon available for battle - the rest of them are viewable in a Pokedex, but they have no battle animations.

It was released in Japan in 1998 and only had a mere 42 of the original 151 pokemon available for battle - the rest of them are viewable in a Pokedex, but they have no battle animations.

well i'm glad the crappy versions don't get released overseas then o_o.

does this mean that if the pokemon/NA crossover doesn't get overseas, is it crappy? T_T

It would probably be because the people in America who would have any clue who Nobunaga was probably aren't all that interested in Pokemon. Not that there are all that many to begin with.

I don't know, Japanese History(Nobunaga was in the Sengoku era IIRC) is considered an rather nerdy subject overhere, pokemon as well.

granted i might be the only person on the site that plays Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms...but the numbers have to be higher then that.

granted i might be the only person on the site that plays Nobunaga's Ambition and Romance of the Three Kingdoms...but the numbers have to be higher then that.

The numbers are huge, indeed. It's just not a massive audience to pander sales to (feed the herd, so to say). However, gameplay is still important, and this game will probably have some solid fun in it, and pairing that with the quirky cross-over and the licenses, and you've got a solid investment.

There's been far, far worse things invested into, at the very least :E