Fuzz94's Sprite Gallery

fuzz94

To be frank, I think the old one looks better. The new one's face is all derpy. The cape positioning is probably the only thing better on there besides color. To get closer to her hair color, I'd suggest to edit off of Riev's hair color. Also...that hair style is not even close. Jenna isn't a porcupine.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be frank, I think the old one looks better. The new one's face is all derpy. The cape positioning is probably the only thing better on there besides color. To get closer to her hair color, I'd suggest to edit off of Riev's hair color. Also...that hair style is not even close. Jenna isn't a porcupine.

Yeah in hindsight, I should not have posted that Jenna just yet. Someone had made it for me and I didn't work it out nearly enough. I'll fix it later.

I have an urge to include Fuzz94 in my next ragefest, and make his mug that Zero mug. Combined with SoC's Captain Falcon/Protoman mug and Darkblade's Megaman-style mug, we'll have a trio of megamen!

That would be awesome! That Zero mug is my best sprite so far and for whatever reason no body has wanted to use it for anything. It makes me happy that you want to use it.

I also wanna use that Link mug too, but like I said I'll need you or someone else to make frames for them while I'm in Job Corps. The SSS (Shitty Splice Sorority) is looking to be a big player in my fictional universe and I need all the characters I can get my hands on :)

Another mug that needs critique:

ethanf.png

Ethan, a mercenary

Umm let's see...

ethan.png

Okay soooo sorry there's so many colors in this (and also that it's such a long post) D= Hopefully it won't look too confuzzling!

First I'll go by the one that I forgot to circle! XD The neck on the right almost looks like it's being cut off from behind the collar or something =o So straightening that should fix it~

Red - Um so you see how it almost looks like the shading on those look like it wraps around the darkest colored part? I think that would be called pillow shading, but yeah you might wanna change how you shade around those. I think if you reference hair in other FE sprites (for the top part circled in red) you can use that to judge how shading around the ends of where the strands are split works out, and same for where hair comes across the skin.

Lighter blue boxy parts =3 - Those could use some of the darker shade around them. =3

Lighter blue squiggly line - That part just kinda shows to me what the hair looks like it's doing when zoomed out. It doesn't quite suit the hair I think.

Pink - Those are stray pixels of shading that I think it could do without =]

Purple - It kinda stands out to me and almost looks like a random part of shading sticking out...

Indigo-ish lavender - Heehee there's a bit of shading missing there~

Yellow - I think that part could either do with less of that dark color, or use the outline color to give the folds in there more definition because it almost looks like a huge blob of shade.

Orange - I think you should make that dark line more continuous because it looks kinda goofy when zoomed out =3 It just seems a little too abrupt to have the gap.

White - Sorry that the blue is covering this circle up XD For that (you can look at your image to see better =3) you should probably straighten the outline because it looks a little goofy being slanted like that, and it's especially difficult slanting horizontal lines because it makes them look like they just suddenly got bent or something...

Darker blue - These also look kinda pillowy. The Spriter's Resource can help you with that if you don't know what that is =3

I think that covers all that I've seen.... =3 Hope it helps~

looks better in most of those areas, I think. The shading on his neck is just, really awkward, reference other necks at a similar angle and you'll see what I mean.

Also, the collar's shading (mostly where it meets the red thingy) looks kind of off. Definitely improving, though, Fuzz. smile.gif

ethanf.png

I think I've fixed Ethan now. One question, does he look like the Mercenary class? cause I don't want to fuck that up

Also I fixed Jenna, and I did a Zappa revamp, (the Isaac is in there just to show all of the revamps so far)

newstuff.png

Jenna's hair is fixed and the colors have been changed, they were in FE8 and I needed them in FE7.

Credit again to Dr.Sholes for working that Jenna with me, and Subieko for Isaac and Zappa.

I'd still say the neck needs a bit more fo the lighter skintones, I don't think the chin would cast that much of a shadow toward the back of his neck. The collar shading's also still kinda wonky :P He is believable merc-ish though.

Yup, definitely looking better. I dunno what it is about the collar, the shading looks awkward at the bottom but I kinda don't know how to fix it XP Poihaps somebody else will know what to do.

Other than that though, definitely a passable sprite, imo NewYearsEmoticon.gif

Jenna looks better... Zappa's right OPV side of his face could use some work, his face looks kinda pillowy and his hair is just i don't even. Lol Idk these characters though, either, so maybe they're supposed to be like that :P