Fe5 character Ratings

Robert

• 3 weeks later...

Why is Salem only 6.5, maybe he should be a bit higher...

Granted he is at best mediocre at fighting b/c the heavy weight of dark tomes. Aside from Asvel he is also the only character that can use wind prepromotion (besides sety) and that combined with his base 7 spd and 40% growth will prevent him from getting doubled (lol enemy spd). Also at base he has 22HP and 2Def which is actually decent durability for what he should probably be used for, cause the main reason Salem should probably be used is for spamming stuff like psychic and Magic up untill he reaches B and then promotes for A. Salem requires 24 att to be OHKOed and and enemy with 10spd to double him at base so unlike high ranked ppl like sara, linoan, tina, safy, and sleuf he can actually take a hit without dying. So compared to the other staff spammers he has decent durability. Oh also you mentioned the +4 bonus on promotion so that makes him more durable.

In terms of staves he has a the awesome rank of C at base. This is the main reason I don't see why salem is only a 6.5. Out of the 50 character you get 47, only 11 can even use staves, but one (sleuf) is route dependant and one (cyas) is yourhatredofsety dependant. So at most you get 10 staff users pergame. Asvel and homer only have D and they won't likely reach C even because they are stuck using heal, mend and torch. Nanna has E which is :rolleyes: . Tina also has E and also won't reach A or B until endgame unless thief and unlock are RNG abused to miss like 20 times in order to gain her 10 weapon exp per use. So at best one has safy, sara, linoan, sleuf, sety and salem and i guess lara too who will handle the high end staff spamming. Unfortunately Sety comes basically at the end. So you have 5 competant staffers mid to end game when warp skipping, status spamming, and rescueing becomes the wiser tactics and since fatigue is a bitch 6 high level staffers is pretty useful. It isn't hard to get him to A either since C staves give 3 WEXP/use.

Anyway if Sleuf was given 7.5 and ALL he does is staff spam, i think Salem deserves a higher ranking because he can do that, fight (kinda), and not die in one hit (rather 2 hits >.>).

• 2 weeks later...

I think Fred should get a +0.5 or +1 to his rating. His bases are pretty close to Glade's, his growths are all equal or better save for luck and he does have 2 more chapters of usefulness and he's got better weapon choices for indoor maps so he's better for long term use. I don't think 1 leadership star should make a 1.5 point difference.

Also, have you considered Marty using the Brave Axe to capture in the early chapters? There seems to be only a 2 hit difference between the 2 (and they both have someone that gives them support in those chapters) when trying to capture with the Brave Axe and Marty has slightly better durability (28 HP and 2 DEF vs 32 HP and 3 DEF) and few enemies have 4 AS in those chapters so Marty's not getting doubled if he misses with the Brave Axe. Then there's also the fact that Marty can capture more Pirates than Halvan due to the BLD. The only problem with this is that Ambush + Hero Axe is quite a decent combo but Halvan's doing fine as it is during the player phase.

Edited by Sirius

• 2 weeks later...

10.0 - Eyvel (early), Sety

9.5 - Saphy, Galzus, Othin

9.0 - Fin, Halvan, Fergus, Shiva, Parn, Eyrios, Cyas

8.5 - Brighton, Asvel, Linoan, Sara

8.0 - Lifis, Lara, Carrion, Dean, Homeros

7.5 - Leaf, Karin, Nanna, Hicks, Sleuf

7.0 - Dagda, Olwen, Mareeta, Delmud

6.5 - Machua, Salem, Trewd, Amalda

6.0 - Ralph

5.5 - Glade, Conomore