be honest do you like kamui?

ivanhellsing

do you like kamui ?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. what´s your opinion on him?

• I like him (more like boy I love having low standards)
    • no
    • hell no he is the worst lord EVER he should not exist at all
    • I love him he is teh best lord ever
    • I do not care about him
    • I rather wait for the international release to get a more concrete opinion on him

I'm undecided, so I didn't vote. From what I've seen from the English version so far, Corrin doesn't seem particularly annoying. I've heard that there is a lot of Corrin worship later on though, but I'm hopeful the localization will tune it down a bit. I do love Fem!Corrin's design though, and being able to turn into a dragon is awesome. So I guess I'm leaning towards liking them. :P

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright crybabies I added 3 more choices and you are welcome

you're part of the problem

any choice that let's us sound like we like him makes us look like complete idiots

get a mod to lock this thread before it goes to hell

Edited by Captain Karnage

I haven't played Fates yet so I can't say for certain, but for now I'm ok with Corrin.

The whole idealistic thing is a bit overdone and I would prefer a less sheltered Corrin, but so far he hasn't done anything too offensive. He's the naive, nice lord and thats standard for the series. It would be great if they actually did something else with him since most lords have something else about them, but I can live with a bland lord.

At the very least you can do a lot worse and Fate does have some characters who are much worse in my opinion.

I understand they tried to make him 'The Main Character' instead of a side to the main character. When they did this I feel that they went a little overboard. He's like a god for no reason when I personally would've been fine with the other characters having bigger roles because I really like them. Kamui/Corrin is YOUR character so I guess it makes sense that they want to immerse the player with the game a little more, but like I said, I think they took it a little too far.

I haven't read too much into Corrin for spoilers' sake, but from what I know thus far I prefer Robin.

I liked that, aside from the sudden reveal near the end, Robin themself wasn't really all that relevant to the plot; it was Chrom's story, and Robin was just a viewpoint character like Ishmael. Being a relatively humble tactician and advisor is, to me, a much more relatable avatar character than being an adored-by-everyone super dragon royal prince(ss) with a chainsaw-sword thing.

The OP is a troll

don't bother with this thread

I didn't realize this guy had a reputation but I should have figured. The poll option he added for liking Kamui isn't any better than the first one. Not gonna lie, judging his offline character right now. Edited by Hatsuoki

I didn't realize this guy had a reputation but I should have figured. He even added options to the poll but never fixed the biased option. Not gonna lie, judging his offline character right now.

That's what he WANTS you to do. Instead of judging his offline character, just pretend he doesn't exist.

…

Why am I posting in this thread? What is this thread? Who are you people!?

Why am I posting in this thread? What is this thread? Who are you people!?

It's me, Sunwoo. Your best friend!

i have no friends,,,,,,,,,,,

I haven't read too much into Corrin for spoilers' sake, but from what I know thus far I prefer Robin.

I liked that, aside from the sudden reveal near the end, Robin themself wasn't really all that relevant to the plot; it was Chrom's story, and Robin was just a viewpoint character like Ishmael. Being a relatively humble tactician and advisor is, to me, a much more relatable avatar character than being an adored-by-everyone super dragon royal prince(ss) with a chainsaw-sword thing.

I loved the idea of Kamui. They just... didn't... do it right... which is super sad. A chainsaw sword is my kind of over the top!!!

I'm kinda neutral right now. My problem is that, in trying to make them the Player Avatar and able to represent everyone, they wind up having almost no personality at all. This wouldn't be as much of a problem if they were a side character to others (Xander for Nohr, Ryoma for Hoshido and Azura/all three for Revelations). But since they're meant to be the super-charasmatic main character, it kinda falls flat.

I've always felt that they could've worked if we were given more choices throughout the story. Like in Nohr for example, you could choose in several scenes to stand up to Ganz/Iago/whoever or to let them do their thing, but standing up to them will get you sent on more dangerous missions/get playable characters killed. The choices you make and the different ways those choices can be interpreted would be their character i.e. does Kamui want to help the people of Nohr but is too scared of losing friends/family as a result, or are they selfish and never really cared about the common folk as long as nobody they likes suffers as a result ETC.

Edited by Phillius

Don't get me wrong, I love the chainsaw sword too. It's just that having that and being a transforming water dragon deer thing and being adored by everyone and being royalty of two different nations pushes it from "cool, if a bit of a self-indulgent guilty pleasure" to "unrelatable".

It's just impossible to really put yourself into Corrin's shoes the way you can Robin, and to me that means a failure to create a good player avatar.

Don't get me wrong, I love the chainsaw sword too. It's just that having that and being a transforming water dragon deer thing and being adored by everyone and being royalty of two different nations pushes it from "cool, if a bit of a self-indulgent guilty pleasure" to "unrelatable".

It's just impossible to really put yourself into Corrin's shoes the way you can Robin, and to me that means a failure to create a good player avatar.

I agree. There are points I would have been fine with (chainsaw sword and water dragon sign me the FUCK up) but the feet kissing is kinda... it felt much, funny enough. Like everything else is completely fine.

I liked Robin more too. He represented who the player literally is, the tactician of the army. Sure he was well liked in the army, but his role never felt out of proportion in the story. Kamui, on the other hand, has several characters who's entire existence is devoted to him and much of the drama is over Kamui's choice of allegiance rather than the setting or motives of the war. I would have much preferred him to be a viewpoint character so we can really get into world and character building outside of "Kamui's such a swell guy, I want him on my side!"

I personally don't relate to Robin because of the way they respond to people but I relate to Kamui more. I don't think much of the royal dragon thing that much because the the royalty to more than one nation part is a point of conflict for Kamui. They also didn't know they were a dragon like Robin didn't know they were a vessel for Grima. And I don't know if I just messed up pretty badly but my Kamui ended up not being so powerful...way less so than Marx, Takumi, or Ryouma.

I don't relate to either of them, do I win yet

In all seriousness, neither Robin nor Kamui are good avatars. They both have too much of a pre-established personality and a backstory to be an avatar, the only thing that we really get to "choose" about them is cosmetic stuff. In FE13, none of the choices we make affect the plot and in FE14 we only make one choice at all. I don't see Robin and Kamui as an avatar but as their own character. And as a character, Robin is far more likable to me than Kamui.

EDIT: No, I dislike Kamui because I dislike characters who never get rightfully called out on their shit, have to be coddled by everyone around them, and are special for absolutely no reason.

Edited by Sunwoo

I don't relate to either of them, do I win yet

In all seriousness, neither Robin nor Kamui are good avatars. They both have too much of a pre-established personality and a backstory to be an avatar, the only thing that we really get to "choose" about them is cosmetic stuff. In FE13, none of the choices we make affect the plot and in FE14 we only make one choice at all. I don't see Robin and Kamui as an avatar but as their own character. And as a character, Robin is far more likable to me than Kamui.

could you provide some examples as to why you can relate better to Robin than to Corrin

and

do you really want an avatar with no personality at all

at least Kris has more personality than the MC of Shining Force I,II, and III

and sometimes I prefer Shining Force to FE

Edited by Captain Karnage