Is the project cancelled?

Hey there, quick question for all of you Fire Emblem and Shin Megami fanboys/girls. Is the game cancelled? It was shown along with Yoshi's Wolly World, and we got info on that, yet no info on this cross-over yet... In other words, do you think the games cancelled? An answer would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worry not, it's said to be "right on schedule for release" and is still in development, this was said back at E3 earlier in the year, here's the article for your convenience.

Though they definitely are keeping new info to a minimum.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/11/5802400/shin-megami-tensei-x-fire-emblem-right-on-schedule

Edited by Solais

I wouldn't be too worried about the lack of info. Atlus usually keeps info on the down-low. I mean, look at Persona 5. It's going to be released in a couple of months and we only know what the main character looks like.

• 1 month later...

Nintendo can put in a feature in Smash Bros that sucks your dick, for all I care. No SMT X Fire Emblem news, including gameplay details, voice actors, visual style, then they get no console purchase from me.

Edited by Kysafen

Nintendo can put in a feature in Smash Bros that sucks your dick, for all I care. No SMT X Fire Emblem news, including gameplay details, voice actors, visual style, then they get no console purchase from me.

Except Atlus is developing it. And Atlus is known for being tight-lipped until the months leading up to a release.

Lose the salt, man.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem was listed in Nintendo's financial statements released last week. Every time a game is cancelled (Project HAMMER, Cosmic Walker, etc...) they are quickly removed from these release lists. I know it can be annoying to have no information after so long, but rest assured that the game IS still in development.

So I think we can all agree that it's not cancelled, then? I'm mostly okay with the lack of information from Atlus, but I still want a release date. We've known about this game for a while now . . . It would be nice if anyone besides the developers had an idea of when it might be out.

It's also the tenth anniversary of Ike and his first game (PoR). So yeah, releasing it next year would be perfect. I just hope there's not a big gap between the Japanese and American dates...

It was pretty retarded when they started talking about fucking Pikmin 3 instead of SMTxFE yesterday "whats that? You want to know more about something we given barely any information on whatsoever? Pffft fuck that, let us give you a demo for a game that has been out for two fucking years"

Yes Miyamoto, we get it, you love Pikmin, give it a damn rest already >_>

Edited by Zx-RendingSaber-Zx

I literally don't care if it's gone or not anymore. I have discovered the Xenoblade X way, and have seen the light. If sacrificing this meant Xenoblade this year (yes, i know it doesn't, but hypothetical), I'd take it.

It was pretty retarded when they started talking about fucking Pikmin 3 instead of SMTxFE yesterday "whats that? You want to know more about something we given barely any information on whatsoever? Pffft fuck that, let us give you a demo for a game that has been out for two fucking years"

Screw you too.

Pikmin is like amazing, probably better than whatever you like (unless you like xenoblade, in which case continue)

Like, people like you make me wish that the direct could have been only Pikmin, Xenoblade, and just general things you likely don't like, so there friend.

Because Fire Emblem appeals to a much broader market than Pikmin right?

That's not the point. Why talk about a game that's been out for two years when there's one that's had aboslutely nothing for two years since its teaser announcement? It doesn't matter if it's Fire Emblem, SMT, or whatever else hasn't got much info. It still doesn't make sense.

Edited by Anacybele

That's not the point. Why talk about a game that's been out for two years when there's one that's had aboslutely nothing for two years since its teaser announcement? It doesn't matter if it's Fire Emblem, SMT, or whatever else hasn't got much info. It still doesn't make sense.

He was promoting the short films for Pikmin. It makes complete sense in context.

Screw you too.

Pikmin is like amazing, probably better than whatever you like (unless you like xenoblade, in which case continue)

Like, people like you make me wish that the direct could have been only Pikmin, Xenoblade, and just general things you likely don't like, so there friend.

First off, where the fuck did I say anything was better than Pikmin? Like Anacybele said, you completely missed the fucking point of my point. Why talk about a game that's been out for two years when there's one that's had aboslutely nothing for two years since its teaser announcement? I don't hate Pikmin but goddamn give it a rest. But if you want to act like a rabid fanboy and try to be all like "PIKMIN IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING YOU LIKE YOUR JUST A HATER WAAAAAH" I'd be willing to rip you a new asshole. :) I'll tell you right now you are REALLY overrating Pikmin right now(and yes I have played it before.)

Also nice to job trying to label me as a Xenoblade hater too when Shulk is actually one of my mains in Smash 4.

Because Fire Emblem appeals to a much broader market than Pikmin right?

>Implying Pikmin appeals to a broad market.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself too

Edited by Zx-RendingSaber-Zx

man you take this real serious huh?

First off, where the fuck did I say anything was better than Pikmin? Like Anacybele said, you completely missed the fucking point of my point. Why talk about a game that's been out for two years when there's one that's had aboslutely nothing for two years since its teaser announcement? I don't hate Pikmin but goddamn give it a rest.

It's like a 45 second teaser trailer about Pikmin and it's a side-project... it's not like there's a conservation of content thing going on. If they omitted the Pikmin stuff and had a minute shorter Nintendo Direct would you still be raging about Pikmin?

But if you want to act like a rabid fanboy and try to be all like "PIKMIN IS BETTER THAN EVERYTHING YOU LIKE YOUR JUST A HATER WAAAAAH" I'd be willing to rip you a new asshole. :) I'll tell you right now you are REALLY overrating Pikmin right now(and yes I have played it before.)

You are taking that statement way too serious (and they were probably trying to make a jab at you because you are unnecessarily hostile right now, I haven't seen this much rage in years on this forum) but I guess opinions are a thing of the past huh? No one's allowed to like games based on their own taste anymore, you just have underrated/overrated games. Seems legit.

Also nice to job trying to label me as a Xenoblade hater too when Shulk is actually one of my mains in Smash 4.

not the point they were trying to get at, and definitely not something you should expect them to really know... on top of that I use Captain Falcon quite a bit and I've never played an F-Zero game so I don't see your argument here.

>Implying Pikmin appeals to a broad market.

Just stop before you embarrass yourself too

I didn't imply Pikmin appealed to a broad market, I was implying that Pikmin appealed to more people than Fire Emblem

Awakening was the first "broad market appeal" Fire Emblem game and still hasn't sold as many units as Pikmin 1. On top of that, why do you think Pikmin 2/3 were released in the US and FE12 was skipped over for localization? Nintendo didn't even threaten to cancel the Pikmin series whereas it threatened to cancel FE if Awakening didn't sell well. In fact, the lowest selling Pikmin game has still sold almost as much as FE7/8, and the latter games have been around significantly longer.

Edited by Lord Raven