What game difficulty and mode did you like the most?

Noah25648

Although Hard difficulty is easy to most people, I find it to be the most enjoyable. Play this difficulty without pairing up units together in combat to make it more challenging (pair up characters in support rank but not paring up together to gang on an enemy).

Compare Hard to other difficulties, it's not as unbalanced as Lunatic and Lunatic+ where random Risen spawns are impossible to battle against. Beginner level characters cannot fight against max level and stat Risens. Leveling up becomes near impossible for most characters later on in the game. DLC became the only source of training for most people bc of that unbalanced Risen spawn.

When it comes to game mode it has to be Casual mode. When I play Casual mode I don't use sacrifice tactic to win. Instead I treat Casual like Classic mode. Casual mode allows more fun experience with Streetpass feature of this game. I find streetpass less enjoyable when you're deterred before the fight even begun bc of seeing Lethality and Counter skills on opponents team. In the case with Casual mode, that challenge becomes less threatening as you're allow to accept some losses due to Lethality.

What game difficulty and mode do you guys play?

Edited by YTakumiY

I like hard classic mode the best. I don't have anything against casual I actually enjoyed it in my first Normal run of the game and you have a good point about the streetpass feature I just feel that as far as a classic Fire Emblem experience Hard Classic was a good mode. It was challenging enough but fair and the whole permadeath thing in my mind is what Fire Emblem is about and why the game is so unique. However, I didn't like Lunatic much at all not because of its difficulty but because you essentially have to grind and you don't exactly get anything for beating it. I just didn't find it very rewarding and the whole Luna + skill thing I felt like I was just restarting the game and hoping to get lucky that the other units wouldn't have skills to kill me instantly.

^ you do not need to grind in Lunatic or Luna+. It's fine if you do, but it's no necessary by any means.

Anyway Hard-Classic if I just want to dick around and use characters I don't normally use, Luna-Classic if I want any semblance of difficulty

Hard Classic is fun for just dicking around in, but I think I like Lunatic Classic the most in general. It's a good amount of challenge while still giving you some breathing space.

It depends, I suppose. Lunatic has the most challenging endgame content, which is fun. And the Risen skirmishes there are nice for trying out different builds. But when it comes to a no grind run. Then hard mode will provide a good challenge without being overwhelming at the beginning. Lunatic is just for those who would put up with a lot of grinding such as me. Because the end will actually be a challenging endgame and Risen skirmishes. It's fair though. Nothing too crazy for those who use children units. In short. Hard mode if you want minimal grinding or none. Lunatic if you want a challenging endgame. As for Classic vs Casual. From my experiment. Casual was better than Classic. Classic mode is very fun because it puts me on an edge all the time. But I prefer playing Casual with the same way I play Classic. I will never sacrifice a unit in Casual. I will only do it when I am, say....cheesed out of the battle by one of Jaffar's Lethalities. Or when an enemy gets a very low percent chance crit (A barbarian once got a 1% chance crit on Lissa. One percent!). In the end. I play this game because I simply enjoy it. Which is why I dumped more than 450 hours into it. If I'm not having a laugh during one of Gaius' support conversations then I'm trying out a new build for Inigo or My Unit so on and so forth. And I can always whip up some of the DLC maps if I'm looking for some challenge. Otherwise, I would be trying out different methods of killing the final boss in a single hit. And all are good fun. Different difficulty levels may change my level of enjoyment. But not by much. But the next Fire Emblem game should have a smoother and more balanced difficulty curve than Lunatic. Because seriously. The first few levels of Lunatic are unforgiving because the only unit you have that can actually do some damage is the unit that you DON"T want to level up (Frederick).

Anyway, that's all just my opinion. If you want to up the ante then you could make a special challenge where you handicap yourself by putting up rules like: No Sorcerers because Dark Magic is broken. No children units because they're too good. I never tried that but I may someday.

Lunatic+ Classic: it's fun trying to break the game in the hardest difficulty as much as possible with DLC, Logbook units, etc. -- just use whatever is available --outside of using Powersaves/cheating methods -- I only have the digital copy of the game.

Lunatic is just for those who would put up with a lot of grinding such as me.

Seriously folks, grinding isn't required for Lunatic(+). It helps a lot, but is by no means required.

Enemies in Lunatic(+) have high Atk and HP, but their Def is rock bottom- you shouldn't have any units who are flat out unable to deal damage (besides Lissa of course). Fred does the most damage, but Avatar and Chrom are perfectly capable of getting kills themselves if you try to give them to them.

Hard Classic no grind and no second seal, but still pair up.

Normal Casual if I want to start a new file all over again just to test out other marriage options or to prepare for post-game things like Apotheosis.

Edited by Ryo

i have a soft spot for Normal Casual too

Ain't it swell? My friend literally solo'd the game with Frederick all the way up to Tiki's paralogue. That's how chillax Normal/Casual is.

Edited by Ownagepuffs

Except more screwing around like this:

And that, my friends. Is how a man executes his spouse. Lol! Rey, You never fail to put a smile on my face.

Nos is broken, Dark Magic is not. Mire and Flux still make them the best class but not ban worthy.

When I said Dark Magic is broken I meant Nosferatu, my man. And are you telling me that Nosferatu is the only broken dark tome? Well, I agree. I don't think Mire is OP. It's REALLY good but the fact that it doesn't allow you to forge it, double your opponents or activate skills makes it kinda balanced for me. Aggressor and or Galeforce make the most out of it but still. Maybe ban Nosferatu and Aversa's Night uses, then? But the thing is while Aversa's Night is stronger, it's rare and has much less uses than Nosferatu. So maybe that shouldn't be considered broken. Unless you use Armthrift and pair up with a lucky character like Chrom or Donnel. Or using Limit Breaker to up your Luck stat cap to 50+ but my whole point is the two spells that steal your enemy's life force are too good in my opinion. But I still use them for shits and giggles. Plus I have a soft spot for them because in my first playthrough I did fairly minimal grinding so I was under leveled for a lot of the chapters but Henry was an absolute beast with Vengeance and Nosferatu in hand. Anytime I was stuck on a level. Bam. I put him on the front lines and equip Nosferatu. Problem solved.

Sorry. I kinda rambled on too long.

Edited by Rxmonste

I never played the game on Normal but from what I've seen of it. I bet you could solo it with Chrom if you give him the right skills. Without pair up. I suppose that's how Chrom fights for his friends. His enemies will get no sympathy from him. I'm sorry. I couldn't resist quoting Ike.