Trying to Decide on Best Pairings in Terms of Story, But...

It's kind of hard, especially since a lot of the children's support dialogue isn't available. Does anyone happen to have access to a ton of their supports? I feel like knowing a lot of background details of the children and the like will help me decide. BTW, so far, I have...

ChromXSumia (the game pulls in their direction)

MaribelleXRicken

Lon'QuXLissa or Olivia (more strongly pulling for Olivia though)

And...that's about all I have. Tough stuff. I was considering pairing Vaike and Sully since he apparently talks about peeping at Sully in one of his other supports, but, looking at the supports, I didn't like it. He just seemed too superficial and shallow.

Edited by FionordeQuester

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo, Frederick makes a lot of sense as Severa or Morgan's father (one of the reasons I like him best with Cordelia or Female Avatar). Severa's father makes her do chores and learn discipline, and that's surely very Frederick-like. As for the Avatar, tactician + knight captain/instructor, man. Can't get anymore fitting than that. lol

Lon'qu x Lissa makes a lot of sense story-wise. Lon'qu takes an arrow for Lissa, and Owain's father did the same for him.

Virion x Cherche makes sense story-wise because lord x loyal retainer. Both have the wyvern tree too, which Gerome uses by default.

Vaike x Sully because it's hinted that Vaike has a crush on her in both this support and the support with the Avatar (he goes on about being the "man of Sully's dreams" in his support with Sully, and he spies on her while she's bathing in the Avatar support). Also, this support is hilarious. :P

Vaike x Miriel and Stahl x Sully can both work too, the former because they're recruited in the same chapter and the latter because of the unique ending.

Chrom x Sumia for the reasons you stated.

Gregor x Nowi might look odd, but it has a little bit of story support as well because of the chapter they're recruited in.

ANd this is really all I can think of. I realize I actually ship a few of these pairings, but I did my best to show as little bias as possible.

Edited by Anacybele

Lon'qu x Lissa makes a lot of sense story-wise. Lon'qu takes an arrow for Lissa, and Owain's father did the same for him.

Done and done! I kind of wanted to pull for this one since it had an assassination attempt on Lissa by the enemies, which I thought was interesting.

Virion x Cherche makes sense story-wise because lord x loyal retainer. Both have the wyvern tree too, which Gerome uses by default.

Huh. Actually, that was one of the pairings I was already confirmed on, but I guess I forgot about that one. Whoops.

Vaike x Sully because it's hinted that Vaike has a crush on her in both this support and the support with the Avatar (he goes on about being the "man of Sully's dreams" in his support with Sully, and he spies on her while she's bathing in the Avatar support). Also, this support is hilarious. :P

I suppose. Though in a way, it seems more like he's just sexually attracted to her rather than having any sort of romantic attachment, you know? And the way it's phrased in the Avatar support, it doesn't seem like Sully was the only one he did that too...

That said, knowing Japan, they may have intended that to be a sign of them being meant for each other...Vaike wanting to see her naked and all that. I guess I'll just have to think harder on this one...

Gregor x Nowi might look odd, but it has a little bit of story support as well because of the chapter they're recruited in.

...You know, Nowi may technically be 1000 years old, but let's face it. Mentally? She's still a child, in addition to looking like one, so for a middle aged man like Gregor, let alone any man at all (besides Ricken and Donnel), to find her sexually attractive? It's...more than a little creepy. The game designers blatantly designing her to be a loli doesn't help things either (I mean, just LOOK at what she's wearing!).

EDIT: One other pairing I'm considering is Gaius X Tharja seeing as how they seem to suit each other rather nicely, but on the other hand, I don't want Tharja casting hexes on her children, if that's what happens with anyone but Avatar (dunno, because there's a lot missing from the FE Wiki). Does that happen with anyone else?

Huh. Actually, that was one of the pairings I was already confirmed on, but I guess I forgot about that one. Whoops.

I suppose. Though in a way, it seems more like he's just sexually attracted to her rather than having any sort of romantic attachment, you know? And the way it's phrased in the Avatar support, it doesn't seem like Sully was the only one he did that too.

...You know, Nowi may technically be 1000 years old, but let's face it. Mentally? She's still a child, in addition to looking like one, so for a middle aged man like Gregor, let alone any man at all, to find her sexually attractive? It's...more than a little creepy. The game designers blatantly designing her to be a loli doesn't help things either (I mean, just LOOK at what she's wearing!).

Haha, no problem. lol

Yeah, I suppose, but I still find Vaike x Sully to be an amusing couple. :P

True, that IS pretty creepy, regardless of Nowi's true age. She is still mentally a child and looks like one. What about my other suggestions?

Well Louis had romantic feelings for Claudia in Interview with the Vampire, and Claudia was transformed into vampire at an even younger age than what Nowi looks like (in the book of course)... Though Claudia grew to become a manipulative little brat, while Nowi is still childlike despite her age.

Edited by Malebolganone

Well Chrom and Sumia I was already decided on, so not much to speak of there. As for the other two...

Vaike x Miriel and Stahl x Sully can both work too, the former because they're recruited in the same chapter and the latter because of the unique ending.

Don't really like that Vaike pairing either ("I can't understand a darn thing you're saying, but let's get married anyway! Boy, I sure hope that doesn't come back to bite me in marital spats!"), but Stahl and Sully sounding like they have a special ending sounds like good evidence to me!

That said, what about Tharja and her curses on Noire? Is that something she did mainly after her husband died, or was the husband just a weak-willed doormat? Because I can't imagine the husband wouldn't have just divorced Tharja or something like that >_<...

Well Louis had romantic feelings for Claudia in Interview with the Vampire, and Claudia was transformed into vampire at an even younger age than what Nowi looks like (in the book of course)... Though Claudia grew to become a manipulative little brat, while Nowi is still childlike despite her age.

So wait, are you saying that Louis had an attraction to Claudia, who was a teenager, but was then transformed to look like a child? If so, that's a much more complicated situation.

Tharja, I really don't know. I don't think she really fits with anyone story-wise, even Henry. xP

Yeah, Vaike x Miriel is kinda weird support-wise, you're right.

I also suggested Frederick x Female Avatar and Frederick x Cordelia... lol

I also suggested Frederick x Female Avatar and Frederick x Cordelia... lol

Ah shoot! Sorry! Well then, I choose....Freddy Bear!! I would've picked Cordelia, except, I didn't like the whole...

Frederick: "Yeah, I'm not Chrom, but...am I a good substitute?"

Cordelia: "Yeah, sure, whatever. Even up to when you proposed to me just now, I still dreamed of Chrom, but...what the heck? I can love you! Love is TOTALLY something that can just be turned on and off!"

Frederick: "That's right, because you are perfect!".

So wait, are you saying that Louis had an attraction to Claudia, who was a teenager, but was then transformed to look like a child? If so, that's a much more complicated situation.

Forget the movie and Kirsten Dunst. In the book, Claudia was like, five years old?, when Lestat transformed her. Her time froze and Claudia remained with the appearance of a five year old for the rest of her existence. But her mind developed and she became in all respects a woman, often outsmarting Louis, despite her infantile body. Different from Nowi, who is 1000 years old but still acts like she was a preteen.

Edited by Malebolganone

Forget the movie and Kirsten Dunst. In the book, Claudia was like, five years old?, when Lestat transformed her. Her time froze and Claudia remained with the appearance of a five year old for the rest of her existence. But her mind developed and she became in all respects a woman, often outsmarting Louis, despite her infantile body. Different from Nowi, who is 1000 years old but still acts like she was a preteen.

Sounds to me like Louis had a mental problem and was really, REALLY lucky to end up with Claudia, the ONE woman he could've had a healthy relationship with while still not solving said problem.

EDIT: Then again, I guess it's not IMPOSSIBLE for that to not be creepy. I mean, even blind people can fall in love with someone while blind, so maybe that's a similar case there?

Ah shoot! Sorry! Well then, I choose....Freddy Bear!! I would've picked Cordelia, except, I didn't like the whole...

Frederick: "Yeah, I'm not Chrom, but...am I a good substitute?"

Cordelia: "Yeah, sure, whatever. Even up to when you proposed to me just now, I still dreamed of Chrom, but...what the heck? I can love you! Love is TOTALLY something that can just be turned on and off!"

Frederick: "That's right, because you are perfect!".

That's not how I interpreted their support, but it's your choice. lol

But yeah, Freddy Bear is just the most adorable nickname ever. XD

That's not how I interpreted their support, but it's your choice. lol

You sure? Cordelia didn't just say she DID have those thoughts for Chrom, she said she DOES have those thoughts for Chrom, even in their S Support!

That said though, it looks like Noire's a guinea pig no matter what, so about this curse thing...exactly how much Noire's lifespan was the father around for before they got whacked?

Maribelle/Ricken, eugh. D: The only Ricken support I dislike. But from a story perspective, I think Gaius/Maribelle is a better option. In their supports, Gaius saved Maribelle's life when they were younger, and the sweets gimmick is barely there IIRC. It would also explain Brady's way of talking and looking. Well, if he had a thief for a father, I mean.

For Tharja, I think Libra would make the most sense with Noire's backstory. He seems the most willing to take a curse for his beloved daughter, while seemingly, well, "delicate" (I guess?) to try and stand up to Tharja and cry himself to sleep.

That's all I can think of at the moment...

You sure? Cordelia didn't just say she DID have those thoughts for Chrom, she said she DOES have those thoughts for Chrom, even in their S Support!

That said though, it looks like Noire's a guinea pig no matter what, so about this curse thing...exactly how much Noire's lifespan was the father around for before they got whacked?

Yeah, but she also says that she's grown tired of unrequited love and that she'll only love Frederick if he only loves her. She drops Chrom like a hot tamale, if you ask me. :P

As for your Noire question, I don't think that's ever revealed.

Also, I like Gaius x Maribelle a lot myself, but Ricken does save Maribelle during the story too. It's a tough choice there.

I hate Libra x Tharja though, because Libra is left playing second fiddle to the Avatar. Tharja literally says so. I'd never want a woman to do a thing like that to her husband!

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, but she also says that she's grown tired of unrequited love and that she'll only love Frederick if he only loves her. She drops Chrom like a hot tamale, if you ask me. :P

Really? You think so huh? Well, you're a female yourself, so maybe that's a valid observation. Hmm...guess I'll consider that one more.

As for your Noire question, I don't think that's ever revealed.

It's kind of weird really. Avatar X Tharja has that backstory of the Avatar taking on curses for his daughter, but...how in the world would Avatar have been around to do that when he had been transformed into Grima? Are we to assume all the pairings just had children at around Chapter 11? I can't imagine things making a ton of sense otherwise.

And if the husband was just taking on curses anyways, why not just say "look, use ME as your pincushion, not our daughter!"?

Also, I like Gaius x Maribelle a lot myself, but Ricken does save Maribelle during the story too. It's a tough choice there.

Hey, if one can see a strong resemblance between Maribelle's son and Gaius, I'd say that's what I'm going with.

Honestly, you need to take MU out of the equation.

The entire nature of the Avatar's marriages riddles backstories with plotholes to any partner.

If you want to look at it from a story perspective, the fact that you have to use a gameplay mechanic of a second seal for most spouses to get Marc/Mark/Morgan into their rightful tactician class for their portrait and backstory alone kills any "makes sense" statements.

Is it possible then that Tharja cast curses on her baby out of necessity then? Because she needed to be sure her magic would bust up the Risen, and because doing it on her husband would make him more likely to get wrecked by the Risen? She does at the very least hold back on teaching Noire to hex people after all.

You make a good point, Rey, Avatar DOES cause plotholes in a lot of pairings, but what if Fionorde still wants to recruit Morgan? :P

I do want Morgan, but I also want it to make as much sense as possible. Hmm...perhaps...Morgan comes from an alternate timeline in the future where the Avatar defeated Grima? Or maybe from a timeline where Avatar didn't become Grima, but lost to him anyways without Morgan's help? Or heck, maybe he just married Aversa :P...

Actually, it's strongly implied that Morgan comes from a different timeline than the other kids, but there are still plotholes with some pairings, most notably Chrom x Avatar and Lissa x Avatar. In Chrom's case, Morgan says in his support with Lucina that she always carried Falchion with her, but he's not supposed to have any memories of anyone except his mother. In Lissa x Avatar, Owain says his father took an arrow for him and that's how he died, but Avatar is stated to have been taken over by Grima in Owain's timeline, not killed, at least not by an arrow.

Actually, it's strongly implied that Morgan comes from a different timeline than the other kids, but there are still plotholes with some pairings, most notably Chrom x Avatar and Lissa x Avatar.

Do we know whether Avatar got killed by Grima, got taken over by him, or won in that timeline though?