Why are people mad that Cloud is in Smash?

DarkDestr0yer61

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted King K. Rool, instead of "generic anime guy with a big sword" that's why.

this exactly

although it's perfectly possible that Cloud isn't even the ballot character

I mean there's another smash event and every time there's been one of those there's been a new character announced

there's definitely another character

so I'm not mad I'm just thinking "why aren't you K Rool"

although can you seriously ask "why are people mad" within half an hour of his reveal

Edited by maybe

Because characters like Dixie Kong or Vaati are WAY more deserving. I even think one or both of them should've been in before Ryu, and I actually decided to get him.

No, man.

Ryu is a legend, an Icon of the videogame history. If there was a character not owned by nintendo that deserved to be next to Mario, Pacman, Megaman, Sonic and Donkey Kong, it was Ryu.

Cloud Strife is also an Icon of the videogame franchise, and tbh, I'm okay wit this. It will close the gap between a fanbase that has long forgotten about Nintendo, and also is somewhat of a deal for the future: "Smash gets Cloud Strife, then maybe a FF game would be hosted on the WiiU/NX"

Edited by Great Lord Diego

Although my other, main reason (because let's face it, this seems to be made before the ballot, plus if it was related to the ballot there are still 2 possible slots or more) is that it looks like a shameless promotion campaign to get people into Dissidia Arcade, then because Cloud is supposed to be duking it out with other PlayStation icons, he doesn't have a place in a Nintendo All Stars.

I would be less annoyed if Cecil or Terra were in, cuz they actually are SNES icons. Having Cloud in a Nintendo All Stars game feels wrong. FFVII moved PlayStations.

Plus, here's another anime pretty boy with a sword! NO, the definition of anime pretty boy with a sword. Sakurai just wants an harem of them, doesn't he? People often cite "roster variation" as an excuse for all these choices, but this is not very original. Smash has a fanbase that extends outside of Japan. It's just silly that a good slice of the new characters are anime pretty boys with a sword.

Meanwhile other Nintendo franchises still have one rep, or reps that don't have a full original moveset. Look, I don't give a fuck if those Nintendo characters are not charming or don't bring money, I'm a Nintendo fangirl and I want a Nintendo fangasm game to have Nintendo characters, I don't want it to be a well made version of MUGEN.

I seem saltier than I am, because I like FFVII and I like Cloud, so I'll consider getting both him and Midgar, but still, it doesn't excuse the fact that Smash is losing its identity as the game that made us happy because Nintendo characters could fight eachother.

That said, I'm glad his face looks a bit more like the FFVII one than the one in the creepy realistic looking FFs. And Midgar looks very cool, but I could nitpick how the summons don't look like the ones in FFVII.

Just to be clear, if it was Aeris instead of Cloud (I love Aeris), I would still think the same thing.

Odin reminds me of Cuan.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, November 13, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, November 13, 2015 - No reason given

EDIT: Ignore my melodramatic rage.

Edited by The DanMan

I still don't get what is the big deal. Sure, maybe Cloud is not... Nintendo-ish (and to be fair, his moveset seems to be quite uninspired) but they already announced a Smash Direct in December (a.k.a new characters for sure)

Chill out, people :3:

Calm down Dan. I don't think this is a ballot choice, it's clearly Square-Enix' doing, because Dissidia Arcade is very close.

Also his design is closer to his manlier FFVII self.

It's virtually a model rip from Dissidia Arcade.

This is there to promote a Japanese Arcade game that will be ported to PS4.

I'm sorry, but this is pretty much Goku level.