School of Hard NOCs (take 2) - Game over!

eclipse

The assistant scurried off into the night, a bag labeled "Powder Definitely Not For Necromancy" in hand. She stopped at the first graveyard, and sprinkled some of the powder on the packed earth. It didn't take long before she saw the first signs of movement. Slowly, the earth shifted, to reveal a half-dried lizard. It shook itself off, somehow regaining its color, texture, and life. The assistant threw the bag in the air and fled the scene, screaming.

Five minutes later, a figure arose from the grave site. . .

[spoiler=Rules, semi-standard clipsey style]0. This game is NOC. This means all talking must be done in the game thread (unless I tell you otherwise). Deal with it.

1. Living people can talk to other players about the game in the game thread only. Dead people, follow rule 14. Information cannot be passed from the dead to the living.

2. Everyone will get a role PM with a name, some flavor, a role, and a win condition. You may state your name, and paraphrase your own role. POSTING FLAVOR, OR ASKING OTHERS FOR IT WILL END BADLY, SO DON'T EVEN THINK IT!

3. Don't screenshot.

4. This game begins on D1, so have fun~! No talking at night, unless I tell you otherwise.

5. A vote counts as ##(your choice of verb): (someone), with (your choice of verb) being "Vote" or something more creative, and (someone) being who you want to vote for. If you want to change your vote, you must ##Unvote first. Don't edit your posts; what I'll do to you will depend on what was edited.

6. The first time a lynch tie happens, no one is lynched. If it happens again, it's up to the RNG.

7. Each day phase will be roughly 72 hours, and each night phase will be roughly 24 hours. I'll post phase end times in both GMT and HST. Note that Hawaii does not observe DST. Unless I say something BEFORE PHASE END, the phase will end at the scheduled time, whether I am present or not. Phases may end early if a majority is reached during the day, or if I get all night actions in at night.

8. A lynch needs a minimum of one-third of the living players, rounded UP, to go through. If a majority (over half of the living players) occurs, the accused has until I get home to say stuff. I come home at the weirdest times. You have been warned. A No Lynch may happen ONCE if no one has enough votes to be lynched; the second time, it is a universal loss. The game is free to vote for No Lynch as many times as they want.

9. If at the end of any day phase, the number of people not voting at phase end exceeds the majority vote, OR the number of players not voting is one-third of the game, rounded down, I will modkill every single person who hasn't voted instead. Etrian Odyssey's D1 was bullshit, and I refuse to let that happen here.

10. If you have a night action, and do not want to do it, reply to your role PM with Night X - Idling.

11. My assistant stole my items before leaving me with the resulting mess that will be your role PMs. Since you guys didn't bother bringing whatever was in your former graves, you don't get items.

12. Try to post at least once every 24 hours during the day phases. If you're going to be busy, and know beforehand, give me some warning. Prods happen at about the 24-hour mark; after that, it's up to my discretion.

13. Investigation results may not always be accurate. Cops are always sane.

14. If you end up dead, you get one last non-informative post. What you say is up to you.

15. Punishment for breaking the rules will range from nothing to modkills. If you feel that the risk of punishment is worth it, go for it, but be warned that things will probably not turn out the way you want it to.

16. If in doubt, follow your role PM, or whatever I tell you in reply to your role PM. Pay attention, or you might miss something important~! If your role PM contradicts the rules, FOLLOW YOUR ROLE PM.

17. If you have been modkilled, your win condition is "You win by being the last one alive".

18. If you ask a question, and I respond with "Tee-hee~!", it means you're not getting a straight answer until postgame. There is a reason for this. HOWEVER, if you want to know whether something will get you modkilled, I will most likely give you a straight answer. . .but don't ask me stupidly convoluted questions for the sake of getting on my nerves.

19. If I tell you to do something, and you don't listen, you probably aren't going to like what will happen next.

20. If you feel the need to complain about some aspect of the game before the game is over, please do so in your role PM. Dead players are free to bitch about whatever they want in their role PMs, and only their role PMs.

21. You're dead when you die, because reanimating dead things is an even worse idea than this whole necromancer business. Don't ask me how I know this.

22. If I can't figure out what you're trying to say in the game thread in under a minute, you'll have quite a bit of explaining to do.

23. Do not attempt to lynch/kill Yours Truly, no matter how tempting it may be.

24. The only players that can affect the game are on the player list.

25. No, you may not be an informed observer upon death.

26. Ignorance of the rules will probably make your punishment more harsh. The rules don't exist for my own reading pleasure.

27. Don't be a jerk. Don't get in the way of anyone else's enjoyment of the GAME. My goal is for the lot of you to have fun.

28. If I think of anything else, it'll go here.

This game is for fifteen people.

Players:

1. Rapier - Town Vanilla, lynched D2

2. Poly - Town Vanilla, lynched D3

3. ScarletFlame Manix

4. Randa - Town Numbers, killed N2

5. #HBC Larsa - ???, killed N1

6. MancerNecro - Mafia Snitch, lynched D1

7. #HBC Gorf

8. #HBC J

9. Prims - Mafia Godfather Watcher, killed N1

10. Refa - Self-aligned Vote Negator, lynched D4

11. BBM - ???, killed N4

12. Navelpluis Shinori

13. SB.

14. BT. - Town Vigilante, killed N3

15. Elieson - Mafia Dual Hijacker, killed N3

Subs:

1. Shinori

2. Manix the Straight

ISO/phase links

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in the spirit of hard NOCs 1 i'll consider joining if at least 3 of (raymond, rd, balc, strawman, helios, haze, snike, tables) join

That said I don't actually have time for this and thus won't try to recruit any of them myself.

I was in School of Hard NOCs (was I? I remember the game happeniing though) 1 and so I will be in this.

That and I am addicted to mafia so I'm joining every mafia game gogo me!

in the spirit of hard NOCs 1 i'll join if 3 of (raymond, rd, balc, strawman, helios, haze, snike, kaoz) join

might join anyway but seriously make this hapepn

stop being so hard to Recruit and join us already on the start of the chapter.