Need help on who should marry who...

Hey everyone,

Not really sure who should marry off who... I'm playing on lunatic mode now, and so far I'm following this guide: http://m.ca.ign.com/wikis/fire-emblem-awakening/Marriage_and_Children

It seems right to me, for the most part. So far I've married Chrom and Sumia (done if before Lucina is beast), and Sully and Stahl are ready to get married, but I haven't done it yet. I'm planning in saving MU to marry one of the children for a OP Morgan, so I was planning on marrying Gregor and Cherche instead of MU and cherche. Is this guide alright? Anything you'd change? Oh and also, I want the BEST CHILDREN POSSIBLE, don't really care bout support convos or looks of whatever. Thanks everyone :)

you can start by marrying Sully with virion~^^ *shot by Virionxcherche shippers*

anyway, your new here right? why not introduce yourselve in the introduction thread?

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=41881

Absolutely do not marry Stahl and Sully. It's terrible. Donnel and Sully is the best. Donnel x Nowi is overrated, MaMU/Nowi is the best, but Vaike is next if you want your avatar somewhere else. Olivia is best with Chrom, not Lon'qu. He's (As in Lon'qu) best with Maribelle, Cordelia, or Miriel.

Actually-

Chrom- Olivia, Sumia, Maribelle

Lissa- Ricken, Henry, Libra

Olivia- Chrom, Frederick, Stahl

Maribelle- Henry, Lon'qu, Gregor

Sully- Donnel, Vaike, Gaius

Sumia- Henry, Chrom

Cordelia- Stahl, Vaike, Lon'qu

Cherche- Frederick, Vaike, Kellam

MU- Nowi, Tharja, Sully (But he is everyone's best father)

Panne- Gregor, Frederick, Kellam

Miriel- Gregor, Lon'qu, Ricken

Tharja- Gaius, Donnel, Lon'qu

Nowi- Vaike, Gaius, Kellam

Hope this helps!

Edited by Duck

... Hang on a second. If you want pairings that are as optimal as possible we have a few problems here.

First off, Stahl and Sully provides a MASSIVE class overlap, with both of them having Cavalier and Myrmidon, which Kjelle can gain from her mother regardless of who her father is. The only "new" class Stahl can provide her is archer, which isn't exactly the best class in the game.

Second, Gaius' main pull as a potential father is that his male-only fighter class changes to the Pegasus Knight class if he has a daughter. Severa already gains access the Pegasus Knight class from her mother, so that's a bit of a waste. Gaius is usually best used on Noire, Nah or Kjelle.

Gregor actually should be used: he's best used on Laurent, Yarne or Brady, although a Henry!fathered Brady is actually very nice, thanks to Henry passing the Dark Mage line to him (and thus, Nosferatanking access). Gregor provides the Mercenary and Myrmidon lines, which are both primed with very useful skills like Sol, Armsthrift, Vantage and Astra. And since you're asking, Gregor DOES make for a good Gerome, although the

Lon'qu's arguably best class set - Myrmidon - is completely wasted on Inigo since he already gets that from his mother. Inigo's best fathers are anyone with possession of the Cavalier class set, which is Stahl, Ricken, Chrom, Frederick or a Male Avatar.

Pairing Libra with Tharja for Noire is good is you want to use her as a support unit or get the Bride DLC class, but other than that I strongly wouldn't recommend it. Gaius, Donnel and the Avatar are her best fathers, with Henry, Lon'qu and Ricken being close seconds.

There's a few other minor nitpicks, but those are the main issues I see. I hope this helps you. :)

and Sully and Stahl are ready to get married, but I haven't done it yet

Probably for the best. That guide seems a bit dated.

Chrom/Sumia's more or less fine, though.

Otherwise...

Typically, Gaius/Tharja and Donnel/Sully are pretty standard, with regards to passing Pegasus Knight from males.

Brady doesn't really care who his father is; he's unscrewable. Popular choices include Henry, Lon'qu, and to a lesser extent Gregor.

Owain and Inigo want either Luna or Vengeance. I'd say the best choice for the former are Ricken, Stahl, and Libra/Henry, and the latter works well with Ricken, Libra, and Frederick.

Severa, because she gets Sorcerer (and thus Vengeance) by default, likes Vantage, and can also take a Luna father because of her innate Galeforce. Stahl and Lon'qu are her more popular choices, but again can take anyone who gets her Luna or Vantage.

As a lead, Laurent wants Vantage because of his innate Vengeance. His best parent is considered Gregor because he also gives the Mercenary line, because the best dark magic tome, Aversa's Night, has only 10 uses. He can also take Stahl and Lon'qu if you're not planning on using Sorcerer. Otherwise he can be hard support with Kellam or Ricken.

Gerome and Yarne are more or less destined for hard-support. They usually take Stahl/Kellam/Frederick, for Dual Guard+. Frederick!Gerome and Kellam!Yarne are pretty popular. Gerome's also kind of in want of a -faire, so Vaike also sometimes fathers him for Axefaire and +7 STR.

Nah can get Galeforce from MaMU/Donnel/Gaius, but since you're marrying 3rd-gen I'd say getting Noire and Kjelle Galeforce is better. Vaike, Frederick, and Kellam are often used for her to help her with tanking with Pavise and Sol/Aegis/Renewal, respectively.

For 3rd-gen Morgan, the most common one I've seen is Ricken!Laurent!Morgan for +10 MAG, so I'd say you should go for something like...

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Ricken/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Henry/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Frederick/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

Vaike/Nowi

Ricken!Laurent/(+MAG/-DEF)FeMU

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Ricken/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Henry/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Frederick/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

Vaike/Nowi

This is good, but you'll want to use Gregor somewhere. He's one of the best fathers in the game. And if you want a physical Inigo, which most people do, give Gregor to Cherche and Fred to Olivia.

Edited by Duck

Probably for the best. That guide seems a bit dated.

Chrom/Sumia's more or less fine, though.

Otherwise...

Typically, Gaius/Tharja and Donnel/Sully are pretty standard, with regards to passing Pegasus Knight from males.

Brady doesn't really care who his father is; he's unscrewable. Popular choices include Henry, Lon'qu, and to a lesser extent Gregor.

Owain and Inigo want either Luna or Vengeance. I'd say the best choice for the former are Ricken, Stahl, and Libra/Henry, and the latter works well with Ricken, Libra, and Frederick.

Severa, because she gets Sorcerer (and thus Vengeance) by default, likes Vantage, and can also take a Luna father because of her innate Galeforce. Stahl and Lon'qu are her more popular choices, but again can take anyone who gets her Luna or Vantage.

As a lead, Laurent wants Vantage because of his innate Vengeance. His best parent is considered Gregor because he also gives the Mercenary line, because the best dark magic tome, Aversa's Night, has only 10 uses. He can also take Stahl and Lon'qu if you're not planning on using Sorcerer. Otherwise he can be hard support with Kellam or Ricken.

Gerome and Yarne are more or less destined for hard-support. They usually take Stahl/Kellam/Frederick, for Dual Guard+. Frederick!Gerome and Kellam!Yarne are pretty popular. Gerome's also kind of in want of a -faire, so Vaike also sometimes fathers him for Axefaire and +7 STR.

Nah can get Galeforce from MaMU/Donnel/Gaius, but since you're marrying 3rd-gen I'd say getting Noire and Kjelle Galeforce is better. Vaike, Frederick, and Kellam are often used for her to help her with tanking with Pavise and Sol/Aegis/Renewal, respectively.

For 3rd-gen Morgan, the most common one I've seen is Ricken!Laurent!Morgan for +10 MAG, so I'd say you should go for something like...

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Ricken/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Henry/Lissa

Libra/Olivia

Frederick/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

Vaike/Nowi

Alright thanks everyone. Is this setup above good? I've got 2 people who say it is lol. And Duck, you said I should use Gregor? So basically this setup but with GregorxCherche and FredrickxOlivia?? And also, I have a Male MU, and really want to marry it to one of the children for a totally OP Morgan... Also one more question, what do you mean by Ricken!Laurent? What does the "!" mean? Thanks I'm not familiar with that term. I'm really just hoping for an army of super-children (lol) to help me on my Lunatic, and later on, Lunatic+ Playthrough AND the dreaded Apotheosis, once I'm up for the challenge.

EDIT: Thanks for your help everyone! You're removing countless hours of FE:A research from my day :D

Edited by ShadowSlayer

Alright thanks everyone. Is this setup above good? I've got 2 people who say it is lol. And Duck, you said I should use Gregor? So basically this setup but with GregorxCherche and FredrickxOlivia?? And also, I have a Male MU, and really want to marry it to one of the children for a totally OP Morgan... Also one more question, what do you mean by Ricken!Laurent? What does the "!" mean? Thanks I'm not familiar with that term. I'm really just hoping for an army of super-children (lol) to help me on my Lunatic, and later on, Lunatic+ Playthrough AND the dreaded Apotheosis, once I'm up for the challenge.

EDIT: Thanks for your help everyone! You're removing countless hours of FE:A research from my day :D

That setup would be perfect. Ricken!Laurent means that Ricken is Laurent's father. If you want a third gen Morgan, marry a second gen who matches your asset that you put at the beginning of the game.

Okay awesome thanks everyone! Think I've found my Lunatic, Lunatic+, and Apotheosis setup :). But there is one last thing. Since I have a Male MU, which of the children should be marry, as he obviously can't marry Laurent (even if he could... that would just be too awkward)... I set his asset to Magic and his flaw to Strength. Seems good to me, cause I want him as a pure magic user... So, I really don't have many options for MaMU. Let's see, Noire, Nah, Kjelle, Lucina, Severa, Cynthia... OK well I do have a few more options than I thought, but none of those are magic users? Noire's an archer class, right? Or should I maybe just change one of those children to a magic class?

Okay awesome thanks everyone! Think I've found my Lunatic, Lunatic+, and Apotheosis setup :). But there is one last thing. Since I have a Male MU, which of the children should be marry, as he obviously can't marry Laurent (even if he could... that would just be too awkward)... I set his asset to Magic and his flaw to Strength. Seems good to me, cause I want him as a pure magic user... So, I really don't have many options for MaMU. Let's see, Noire, Nah, Kjelle, Lucina, Severa, Cynthia... OK well I do have a few more options than I thought, but none of those are magic users? Noire's an archer class, right? Or should I maybe just change one of those children to a magic class?

Noire. She should get out of archer and into sorc or dark flier as soon as possible.

Seconding Noire.

Even though marrying Miriel (or Tharja, I guess) would give you higher Mag (by 1 point, since Gaius adds a -1 Mag modifier), Gaius!Noire has nice Skill/Spd benefits as well (and a bit of Str, for Dark Flier Morgan).

Edited by Euklyd

AWESOME. Ok so my Lunatic/Lunatic+/Apotheosis setup is...

Chrom/Sumia

Donnel/Sully

Gaius/Tharja

Ricken/Miriel

Stahl/Cordelia

Lon'qu/Maribelle

Henry/Lissa

Fredrick/Olivia

Gregor/Cherche

Kellam/Panne

Vaike/Nowi

MU/Noire

But then the children are gonna marry each other... Got any recommendations for that? Does it really matter cause they don't have kids? Or should I just pair up any of them who work together well... Thanks all.

Yeah, it is. Only happens for the Avatar's S-support.

bonus challenge: if you ever marry Aversa, don't let your Avatar look at her chest.

(not that you should ever marry Aversa)

Okay so I'm on Chapt r 5 in lunatic as of now. I grinded all my units to level 15-20 (can't reclass, don't have master seals yet) but Chapter 5 is still annoying as hell. I'm having trouble getting Maribelle and Ricken to safety, the wyvern riders catch uo to them easily and maribelle dies -__-

Okay so I'm on Chapt r 5 in lunatic as of now. I grinded all my units to level 15-20 (can't reclass, don't have master seals yet) but Chapter 5 is still annoying as hell. I'm having trouble getting Maribelle and Ricken to safety, the wyvern riders catch uo to them easily and maribelle dies -__-

Resue staff from Donnel's paralogue on Lissa.