Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn UNDUB

shadowofchaos

ToWingBrothers-1.png

Download Link: Click Here

And since this is using a retail disc and an SD card to "patch" using Riivolution Homebrew on the Wii, I ASSUME I won't get banned for this. HOPEFULLY.

I'll work on a video after I finish it.

Kinda useless to post screenshots, since... well... it's the same text and everything, just the voices for the movies and some scenes are changed.

Random Fact: Would you believe that everything BUT the Japanese voiced movies are still on the USA disc?

Current Version

========

v0.5:

* All World Map voices up to Part 3 Chapter 2 have been replaced with the original Japanese audio.

* All the movies retain their subtitles and format, but have been changed to the Japanese audio.

For those who don't know.

Undubbing is a type of video game hacking, which involves modifying the contents of an officially localized video game to match the audio and voice acting to its country of origin while retaining the translated text of the country in which it has been localized.

Well... actually, I just decided to do this for the hell of it. That... and maybe that screenshot above... and Mist's voice during the execution scene... possibly.

Not really finished yet, but meh.

The reason why the "patch" is so big, is because of the Movie files. You apparently can't just insert the audio data... if you're gonna change the file, you have to put EVERYTHING back in, including when it's such a huge THP file.

And for goodness sake, please read the Readme. Here it is in a spoiler too if you want.

[spoiler=Readme]FE10 UNDUB Readme

=====================

*****Homebrew Channel or some way to run Riivolution is REQUIRED.*****

Notes:

* Sorry, to you pirates, this "patch" requires retail discs :P

* Since the English version has more lines in most cases, there are completely silent lines for the world map announcer.

* Part 3 Prologue in particular, has the first world map even COMPLETELY nonexistent in the Japanese version. So no voice files.

* Part 3 Prologue's second world map event was COMPLETELY different and doesn't even show Nailah, Tormod, or Ranulf.

* Ranulf getting Ike's help was not mentioned in that world map event.

* Changed files are located at 'X:\private\wii\app\RFEE' just for your information.

All of the needed files are included. Just put everything into the root directory of your SD card.

This is assuming you are able to run the Homebrew Channel on your Wii.

More info on Riivolution here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Riivolution

Instructions:

* Put the files into your SD card and insert it into your Wii Console

* Using the Homebrew channel or another method, launch Riivolution.

* Insert your Retail Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Disc (USA Region Only) and let the program run

* If it is not already done for you, change "File Replacement" to "Enabled".

* If you so wish, go to page 2 and turn the "Ocarina Handler" to "VI Hook" (or others) and "Codes" to "Enabled" to use Gecko OS Cheats.

* Those can be found at: http://geckocodes.org/?c=RFEE01

* Launch the game!

Version History

========

v0.5:

* All World Map voices up to Part 3 Chapter 2 have been replaced with the original Japanese audio.

* All the movies retain their subtitles, but have been changed to the Japanese audio.

To Do List:

========

* Finish the rest of the World Map scenes

* Start on the voiced Memory Scenes

FAQ

===

*None yet*

Credits

===

*To be completed* (Especially with the amount of tools I used)

shadowofchaos/Rey

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showuser=1634

Edited by shadowofchaos

• 2 years later...