Fire Emblem: Bonds of Time

Ziose0

46 members have voted

1. 1. How Many playable Manaketes would you say is too many?

• You don't need any unless you're nerfing them. They were overpowered.
    • Any more than 2
    • Any more than 4
    • You can never have too many!!! :D
  2. 2. If there was just one playable Manakete, who would you most like to see?

3. 3. If limited to only three Pegasus Riders, which three? (multiple choices allowed)

4. 4. Preferred Playable Horsemen (choose 3)

5. 5. Who would you rather see as the overall main character of this series?

• Older Roy
    • A Child of FE6/FE7 Characters
    • A Child of FE8 Characters
    • A Descendant of Mark (The Tactician)
    • No Overall leader. Just a combined force led by multiple leaders.

Wow....it's been what, 2 years since I've started this? and after draft after draft i've decided to return to the original idea (for both of the two hacks I've been working on.) So allow me to re-introduce, Fire Emblem: Bonds of Time (this time with new content!)

Like before this is a crossover hack but with a remade (hopefully final) story:

[spoiler=Story]

Centuries after the events of FE6, Elibe is at peace. All is well, until an unforeseen event happens. Something so horrible that the importance of it would not be known until it was too late: the opening of the Dragon's Gate. No one knew it happened, nor what it would mean for the world. Several hooded figures stepped through and proceeded to address the major countries of Elibe with an ultimatum: prepare to surrender Elibe to Dragonkind or face complete annihilation.

Refusing to back down, a United Elibe formed an army to charge through the Dragon's Gate with their answer. However it didn't take long before only a few stragglers stumbled back through the gate, traumatized at the devastation they faced inside. Still unwavering, Bellamy, crown prince of Etruria, decided to personally lead a force through the gate to resolve the matter of Elibe, peacefully or by force. Carrying the 8 sacred weapons of Elibe, he charged through the gate followed by a loyal group of soldiers and a remade united Elibian task force. What awaited them beyond the gate would change everything they thought they knew....

Following the base story, this game features both old and new characters from FE1, FE6, FE7, FE8 and FE11. Revived for reasons unknown, they warriors are through into an unknown world. Characters who otherwise would never meet fight side by side for the first time, others will be forced to cut ties they've previously made. But through it all, these warriors will all strive for the same goal: to solve the mystery of the Dragon's Gate.

[spoiler=Changes]

- Several classes from previous games playable including Halberdiers, Rogues, Wyvern Knights and Great Knights.

- Dragons are split into 3 main groups: Ice (Magic) Fire(Phys) and Divine(Negate)

- Lords from Previous Games will not seize unless specified.

- Generals are Spilt into 2 groups: Red General (Bows/Lances) and Blue General(Axes/Lance)

- Assassins are weaker but faster, rogues got an attack boost but lost defense

- Paladins are the ones from FE8 so only Swords/Lances ; Great Knights are unchanged.

- Due to the clashing of timelines and such, some characters will change from their original classes (due to storyline cues or the such)

[spoiler=Planned Features]

- different playable factions

- branching storylines

- player input that can affect the story

- characters previously only heard of in FE lore, now as allies and enemies.

- a unique twist and extra storyline to some of our favorite FE characters (localized)

I've been working and revising this off and on the past 2 years, and despite not being as active on this board as a lot of others, i do plan to finish this (and Tales of Artrucia) eventually....

Edited by Ziose0

Good idea. Just make the main character good statistically, well-developed, and not a cliche, unless you decide to do a previously mentioned character. In that case, do Hector or Ephraim (they fill the requirements of all three)

Ah, I remember you. I was wondering what happened to that other hack of yours.

Anyway, as someone who has some experience in the land of cross-overs, I shall give you a fair warning. Writing for it is very difficult unless you know what you are doing. You need to keep every character just how the writers from their series would have. In hindsight, writing for a hack with original characters is SOO much easier because you create them, instead of trying to copy how the creator would have done the original.

With that said, good luck with this, i look forward to seeing some progress in the future.

Good idea. Just make the main character good statistically, well-developed, and not a cliche, unless you decide to do a previously mentioned character. In that case, do Hector or Ephraim (they fill the requirements of all three)

I'm wanting to do a new character because then it gives the game more room to grow ya know? if I do a character who's faction changes it's harder because then i think would it be in that character's nature to do so? ya know?

Ah, I remember you. I was wondering what happened to that other hack of yours.

Ah yes, no I haven't dumped it. I'm just completely remodeling it since I changed alot of the characters and a bit of the storyline.

Anyway, as someone who has some experience in the land of cross-overs, I shall give you a fair warning. Writing for it is very difficult unless you know what you are doing. You need to keep every character just how the writers from their series would have. In hindsight, writing for a hack with original characters is SOO much easier because you create them, instead of trying to copy how the creator would have done the original.

I've heard. And I mean, yeah I'm fresh out of high school, but I like to think that I'm pretty good at writing. much more than actully hacking anyways XD

And it's also very true I'm not as familiar with some characters as others may be. But I'm going to try to actually put some good work into this hack as well, and if the first patch works out well, I'll probably try to get some help with it.

have a custom character it gives you more room to work in terms of a story so your main characters actions dont have to fit a pre existing persons personality and beliefs/actions

Fuzz I know it's hard still haha. I'm still trying to decide who's gonna be in the factions and total number per faction... :|

and yeah I'm planning the custom character now. Have a good idea for him :3

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

[update]

it lives! Well production has continued anyways thanks to a friend and the multitude of great FE hacks being produced lately I've gotten more motivation and inspiration to continue this project. the poll has currently been updated so input would be appreciated so i can continue past the point I'm unsure about character-wise, thanks!

Edited by Ziose0