Masked Man = Marth!!!

Ursula

Wow. So many people think it's not actually Marth. And some even think the "imposter" is a female impersonator of him? Sheesh, do people really badly not want Marth in another Fire Emblem game? Seeing how he's the first lord and the mascot of the Fire Emblem series as a result of it, it's not like it's that unreasonable or unfair. And taking the spotlight away from Krom? We don't even know if Marth is playable at all (I doubt he'll be stealing much spotlight if he isn't playable). Besides, Ike and his friends stole the spotlight from Micaiah and friends in Radiant Dawn, and Marth is going solo in this game without anyone from Akanea, so he'll hardly be stealing as much spotlight as the aforementioned.

With this much complaining, I wouldn't be suprised if IS skipped releasing FE13 in NA because of it like they did with FE12.

I can practically guarantee you all it is actually Marth. As for the mask, he's most likely using it to hide a scar or a face deformation that he suffered before escaping to the portal.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there seems to be a lot of people saying that 'marth' is a zombie......... i can see how you guys reached that conclusion but..... to me its just not likely... i doubt that the creators of the game would actually do that.. and in the trailer you see him/her/it running and fighting. not many zombies can run or use a sword, with skill.im not critisising anyone who thinks this ..... but i just dont think its gonna happen.

It's something we'll find out in a month I guess... Possibly a result of shame because of the world he could not save or something really cliche. Or he's hiding from someone else.

Or maybe the final fight with Medeus scarred his pretty face.

Wow. So many people think it's not actually Marth. And some even think the "imposter" is a female impersonator of him? Sheesh, do people really badly not want Marth in another Fire Emblem game? Seeing how he's the first lord and the mascot of the Fire Emblem series as a result of it, it's not like it's that unreasonable or unfair. And taking the spotlight away from Krom? We don't even know if Marth is playable at all (I doubt he'll be stealing much spotlight if he isn't playable). Besides, Ike and his friends stole the spotlight from Micaiah and friends in Radiant Dawn, and Marth is going solo in this game without anyone from Akanea, so he'll hardly be stealing as much spotlight as the aforementioned.

With this much complaining, I wouldn't be suprised if IS skipped releasing FE13 in NA because of it like they did with FE12.

I can practically guarantee you all it is actually Marth. As for the mask, he's most likely using it to hide a scar or a face deformation that he suffered before escaping to the portal.

Complaining? Where? It's all speculation, not to be taken to heart. Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation, is there now. I haven't read anything anywhere about people not wanting it to be the real Marth because he's already in a host of FE titles, or anything regarding stealing Krom's spotlight.

You could just as easily have said, "Well I think it's the real Marth, because [insert reasons]" instead of turning it into a post attacking other's interesting thoughts and speculations on the matter. The only person complaining here is you.

Personally I don't care if it is or isn't the real Marth, things will be interesting whichever side of the fence this thing falls to. However I don't believe it is the real Marth.

Complaining? Where? It's all speculation, not to be taken to heart. Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation, is there now. I haven't read anything anywhere about people not wanting it to be the real Marth because he's already in a host of FE titles, or anything regarding stealing Krom's spotlight.

You could just as easily have said, "Well I think it's the real Marth, because [insert reasons]" instead of turning it into a post attacking other's interesting thoughts and speculations on the matter. The only person complaining here is you.

Personally I don't care if it is or isn't the real Marth, things will be interesting whichever side of the fence this thing falls to. However I don't believe it is the real Marth.

Indeed.

Randoman, you seem to think the only reason anyone would say he's not Marth is that we don't want him to be Marth. You're entirely dismissing the real answer: we look at the facts, we see reasons why it wouldn't be the real Marth, and to us, those appear to be the strongest reasons.

Well, if it's an imposter then their eyes could give it away (Especially if it's a chick or has slanty eyes like a handful of rare characters have had before).

If it's actually Marth... Maybe he developed a mask fetish after Sheeda bonked him real good at a masquerade ball or something.

Well:

I hope he's not marth, they should give some space to Krom.

applies to the latter point (regarding stealing the spotlight) and

Mecha-Zombie Marth? Given the way Japan keeps plowing his corpse seems likely

applies to the former point (regarding being in too many FEs).

...yeah, I suppose I overreacted a bit. I'm just fed up with Marth (my most favourite FE character) being put down all the time and I interpreted those comments as putting him down. I personally really hope it is actually Marth, since he is my favourite FE character. That, and having an impersonator/zombified form of Marth doing things like escaping through portals and pulling last minute rescues seems really un-FE like.

I don't want it to be Marth, but the thing is, even if it's not actually "him" it doesn't matter. Let's say it's an impostor or whatever and the real Marth doesn't appear at all, what does this change? All the promotional artwork showcases this person that's supposed to be Marth, and the story also has him as a major character. I feel it ruined what I thought would be a brand new world either way.

That's some good stuff! We need more.

He got writers block and didn't want to continue (he mentioned the wolfguard essentially being Hardin +4 identical guys). What I want to know is why this uses the censored words, it's not like he actually wrote it this way.