This is where Mercakete posts her art! :3

Mercakete

MSPainted doodle of an NPC who was originally going to be a RotE throw-away charater. ... [sarcasm]Well, that worked out.[/sarcasm]

[spoiler=Tim]Tim.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Yay! Chapter 4 in RotE is almost here, heralding the opportunity for those of us who joined the rp at the very beginning to introduce our second characters! Well, I finished drawing mine. I couldn't decide whether to sketch him ot MSPaint him. I also couldn't decide if I should draw him mounted or dismounted. So, I did both! :^_^: Ok, warning: I'm creative and this is proof. This character is an axe-wielding, male, ragey pegasus knight. I hope you all enjoy!

[spoiler=mounted/sketch(HUGE image)]BerttheCrusher.png

[spoiler=dismounted/MSPainting]Norbertdismounted.png

In the top picture he's using his favorite weapons: reinforced dual iron-ball maces. They're of the axe type, though (sort of like how hammers aren't exactly axes).

• 3 months later...

Oh my gosh, an update! And my art doesn't fail so hard. :D: Of course, that makes sense since I've been practicing and now am rambling... ... MOVING ON! Ok, so obviously people look at this thread to see my art so art I shall give you people who are so kindly still reading this and I'm rambling again.

Well, I discovered FEPlanet's GBA statsheet maker thing when I was looking into maybe editing some generic GBA battle sprites (cause they're just so cute) and I figured "why the heck not?" But I started looking for the statsheets cause I knew they were around there somewhere and then found it and started playing around with it cause it was even spiffier than I thought it'd be. All the while, though, I was fairly "lol; I don't know what I'm doing :P:"

So, anyway, made one of myself for kicks, saved it to Paint and decided "hey, it's in Paint, might as well draw in a mug." So, I MSPainted my mug. Nothing fancy, just lineart and colors etc. I ignored shading since I'm not a mug artist and it's just easier to skip the shading and I was already "lol; no idea what I'm doing."

Then I looked at Myrrh's little class sprite (I chose NPC since I don't feel like being player-controlled and I highly doubt I'd be an enemy diven my LG disposition) and was annoyed by it. So, I edited it and tried to make it as official as possible. After all, I'm a mercakete, not a manakete. Then I realized my silver blade was equipt and yet was not shown on my little class sprite (unacceptable, even though the class sprite doesn't always show the accurate weapon equipt) so I looked at the NPC mercenary swordas a reference and edited in the sword. I'm right-handed so I made sure it was in my little sprite's right hand.

All and all I'm pretty happy witht he result and kinda proud at my tiny bit of spriting (even as simple as it is.) But you didn't come to this thread to read me type, you came to see art! So, as little as this is, here ya go!

Mercaketecharactersheet.png

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, So, as you can see by the date, I drew this a couple months ago and just kinda never scanned it. Well, scanned it today. FE9!Rhys after he'd just fired off a light magic attack at your face. I do like this one, but I think he wound up looking a little too much like Sothe. :/:

[spoiler=Rhys' Shine]Rhysattack.png

(And yes, I gave Rhys a shine tome just because I wanted to say "Rhys and shine" whenever he attacked.)

I pronounce his name 'Reese' but that's just me. His torso looks a little short, like you were trying to fit everything down to the belt into the 'frame'. Also on his hand, I think the thumb could use some work. Seems too thick at the bottom and the thumb's positioning(where the fingernail is) seems a little off. Maybe not have the fingernail showing at all? Holding my own hand the same way, the nail doesn't show up at least, and it's pretty much impossible to rotate my thumb that way :lol:

Other than that though it's pretty cool looking.

Agh, I'll have to just try harder next time. Thanks for pointing those out. Though with the short torso thing, it was just my eyeing it. Maybe I'm used to shorter torsos or something. Oh well; glad to learn so I can improve. At least it apparently looks cool! :XD: Thanks, Phoenix. :3:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm late! D: Oh well. Yestarrday was International Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day and Gytha's designated birthday (cause she talks like a pirate)!

So, though I'm late, I made a picture of chibi Gytha. (People can finally get a firly clear picture of what her pistol looks like; yay.)

[spoiler=Happy Birthday, Gytha!]2011GythaBirthday.png

• 1 month later...

Sketchy sketch that was sketched by use of sketching yay.

Ok, so, the sample pics of Bert I have here were bugging me (especially since I couldn't get his hair right at the time) so I decided to sketch him again. In the full body sketch, he is wielding Splinter and Crunch (his unique, twin maces) defensively, probably in anticiapation for an attack so he can strike out with the mace he is not presently defending with. ... Which reminds me I have something to ask Phoenix later. Anyway. The other is a basic head-turn 3/4 shot (I hate front view so I had to include this to give any sort of idea as to what his head actually looks like.) And yeah, his expression in that pic is what he looks like when he's neutral. Basicly, his standard expression.

Now that I've given you information you probably don't care about, time to show you the actual picture!

[spoiler=Bert the Crusher]BerttheCrusherre.png

I'll ask you on IRC later. It has to do with items in rote so nothing big -- I just keep forgetting to ask. XD;

Thanks, by the way. :3:

OLD REQUEST FINALLY COMPLETED

So, about a year ago, Phoenix asked me to draw one of his characters. I accepted the challenge (especially since the only reference I had was basicly an FE9-style sprite which meant it was half-body with only one view.) Also, she rides a pegasus. As it might be obvious, I'm new to drawing equine creatures and saddled pegasi confuse me since you'd thing the rider's legs would hinder the pegasus' flight.

Anyway, drew the Jerdonian Sigrun clone from the LoAF RP.

[spoiler="Viva la Daneka!"(Merc knows very little French so this is what Daneka will say especially since she seems to primarily fight for herself)]VivaLaDaneka.png

And Alphonse is still missing.

That is absolutely epic. Gotta wonder who she's about to unleash a deadly rockslide attack on this time~ *thumbs up* sometimes I forget that she's actually a colonel and not just a cougar so this helps~

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man 2 pictures in one update? What madness is this?! RotE madness, apparently.

[spoiler=Riding into battle]NorbertandValterriding.png

Above is me not being able to draw horses or bows and drawing a generic, basic landscape Valter (Roymbrog's character) riding on Phyllis (Valter's horse) and Norbert (my character) riding on Rizen (his pegasus) into battle and going over some last-minute tactics. They have a third teammate, but he doesn't have a mount and I didn't want him to be trampled so I'll probably draw him later.

[spoiler=Sibfist]Sibfist.png

Above is Naoki the raven and Maw the silver tabby sibfisting. They make an awesome team for trolling rp characters, as shown by a recent in-rp accidental experiment.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok, blieve it or not, the art I am about to show you do not contain original characters and are not (all) based on FE.

I got the Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword last week or so and have played it a little as my sister and I (we like watching each other play videogames) had the time. I got past the first temple. Yay! (Please do not give me spoilers.) Anyway, my sister and I kept making jokes about the game as we went (not that we don't like the game, it's just that there are some things that were just too funny.) I drew down a few of my jokes and called them "Skyward Parody."

I do not own any of the characters in these drawings, however the art is my own as are the jokes. Warning: there may be spoilers so if you don't want to see Skyward Sword spoilers, don't look.

[spoiler=Before the first temple spoiler]So there's this green light that shines through the cloud barrier. Also, Bucha, the Kikwi Elder (along with all the other Kikwis) wears a dark green, little mask (or at least it looks like it.) I concluded that Bucha is actually a Green Lantern.

SkywardParodyGreenLanturnBucha.png

[spoiler=Before you leave the hometown]First thing I thought of when I first met Groose: He has Shinon's color scheme! Though his hair is more florescent (actually, he's more florescent in general) he still basicly has magenta hair, a yellow-green cloth thing wrapped around his shoulders, a green main outfit and cream-colored pants. And I know the bottle looks warped. I blame the glassblower.

SkywardParodyShinonandGroose.png

[spoiler=Also before you leave the hometown]As soon as I saw Link's loftwing I was all "It's Ho-oh!" Fly on that loftwing and tell me it doesn't look like Ho-oh. Note: I actually call my loftwing "Ho-oh." Ho-oh used fly!

SkywardParodyHo-ohandLoftwing.png

I'll draw more RP/FE stuff later.