FRLG tier list

MacLovin

When do you receive master ball in FRLG? I dont remember but if its when you get surf, i concede defeat. If not then, BS on capturing zappy in a reasonable timeframe.

If we go beat Saffrons Skyscraper, then go beat Koga, we can get surf.

Its possible to get the Master Ball then get Surf.

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you receive master ball in FRLG? I dont remember but if its when you get surf, i concede defeat. If not then, BS on capturing zappy in a reasonable timeframe.

You get the Master Ball after chasing Team Rocket out of Silph Co., I think.

Edited by Metal King Slime

Ah, right. Didnt remember master ball existed so early in the game. Ok, zappy is cool. I still think jolt is underrated in this list :( but thats probably because its my favorite pogeymanz.

You get the Master Ball after chasing Team Rocket out of Silph Co., I think.

Still, its possible to beat Saffron, then Sabrina, then Koga and get surf/strength

So, Zapdos is easy as pie to get.

@PKL, Vaporeon is Sp Def bulk, not much on def though.

Vap's hp makes her bulky in both sides though. With EVs in def shes a pretty cool tank. But ok, this is ingame >.> so she probably wont be EV trained.

EV training ingame

:facepalm:

Not even considered, and the HP cushion does make her survive more, but it only does so much.

If you use a full team of 6 before the 4 th gym or so, You'll end up with horribly underleveld Pokemon . If you use about 4, then there's no reason your Pokemon shouldn't be above 35 atleast if you battle everyone and don't skip wild battles. Besides, Zapdos can't touch a decent leveled Rock/Ground type.

...And we're analyzing electric types' performance on Rock/Grounds WHY?? In case you didn't get the memo, you don't want to leave Geodudes and Gravelers alive for even a turn if you can help it, unless you like them blowing up in your face.

...And we're analyzing electric types' performance on Rock/Grounds WHY?? In case you didn't get the memo, you don't want to leave Geodudes and Gravelers alive for even a turn if you can help it, unless you like them blowing up in your face.

Indeed.

Which is why I carry a handy dandy SQUIRTLE!

I was talking about PKL saying Zapdos OHKOing all your Pokemon amaking it difficult to catch. If exploit its obvious weakpoints, catching Zapdos without the Masterball is pitifully easy even if there is a 15 or so level gap.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

By the time Zapdos is even available all the rock/ground types have gone away until Victory Road and Giovanni's gym

Still. Coming early, and it is NORMAL/flying-so it gets Normal stab.

Normal stab? Let's not get carried away here, its not like it hits anything for super effective damage.

Besides Pidgey only has access to low powered normal-type attacks, coming off a mediocre attack stat.

So tackle becomes a 60 BP move early on, not bad, and as soon as it gets gust it can do well early on.

35 x 1.5 = 52.5

I can see it dropping one or 2 spaces, but not much more.

It's lower mid at best

-Middling stats

-Sparse movepool and poor coverage

-Late Evolutions

You think this is upper mid material?

Squirtle > Bulbasaur still hasn't been changed into the opening post. But it should stay in top tier, status afflictions, Razor leaf at 20 and such great type match ups make it still so much more viable than charmander.

Staryu up to just below nidoran F, you get them after the poke flute and they literally roflstomp the entire game harder than both of the nidos. This guy can solo the elite four without many woes and does great vs blaine, koga and giovanni, and neutral against sabrina. Ok, they don't do so well again eirika, but that's forgiveable when you can bench everyone else for this guy to crush games. I would dare so place them both above charmander too, but I can let that slide.

Bellsprout should not be at the top of high.

Zapdos > Magnemite. Same availability, but one comes in at level 50 and deals crazy damage because of it. Hint: That isn't magnemite. Even if its just thundershock for a little while, drill peck is nice and the level lead isn't something to be scoffed at.

Bulbasaur should be above Nidoran. Status moves like crazy(Poison Powder, Sleep Powder AND Leech Seed? Thats awesome.) Razor leaf has good power as well as increased critical. Even if it up against a Pokemon who has a type advantage against it, it can just Sleep \and seed it while laughing. Niroan has good coverage and stats and poison point but Bulbasuar has more usability.

Nidoran(M) has better performance wholegame.

Bulbasaur is good, but has some problems. And we're not putting all 3 powders on it, are we?

I would diagree with nidoran having a better performance the whole game. Not there for brock, worse against misty and bulb has no problems vs lt surge in teh first place. After eirika, which nidoran is hardly amazing against either, you get staryu who crushes both of them. Then in comes zapdos etc etc. Both are amazing pokemon, but bulbasaur is better earlygame, and that's where it matters more.

I would diagree with nidoran having a better performance the whole game. Not there for brock, worse against misty and bulb has no problems vs lt surge in teh first place. After eirika, which nidoran is hardly amazing against either, you get staryu who crushes both of them. Then in comes zapdos etc etc. Both are amazing pokemon, but bulbasaur is better earlygame, and that's where it matters more.

Vine WHip has 10 pp until Razor Leaf.

Nidoran is neutral to Misty, because Nidorina(o) is just poison.

I was assuming nidoking/queen for mega punch. Either way, they aren't dealing super effective damage. And 10pp is enough to dispatch brock and misty, who are the main problems.

Edited by kirsche

Everyone else wants mega punch and you get Trash/Body Slam soon anyway so why?

Also its not very practical but you can have Nidorina have Bite by misty for Starmie and lollilstaryuthingy I cant pronounciate. (Evolve lv 20)

Edited by Sho.M.the.Pinkie.Pie