Famitsu info (8/3), branched promotions return

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously what is up with these cultists?

what do they believe in? Maybe Gimli wasn't so bad after all even with trying to destroy mankind?

Reminds me of New Yevon far too much

Well, you had cult-types back in FE4 who worshippied Loputousu, and in FE3 Gharnef had all his evil Bishop friends. So this is really nothing new.

Called it on the branched promotions. It should really have come as no surprise after the world map and the monsters showed up.

I'm not really very excited over Liz getting axes. Even after the promotion she only has 7 strength... Sage just looks better, too, it doesn't have the silly hoop skirt (dunno what's with Sage losing 1 resistance on promotion). And am I seeing it wrong, or is she promoting in the base without an item a la FE4? Still no portrait change on promotion (laaaaaaaaaaame).

Frederick's promotion just looks ridiculous. +8HP/5STR/7DEF? Dude's got 48HP/27DEF at 20/1... he makes Gatrie look like Rhys!

The resemblance between the new continent and Archanea is now pretty undeniable.

That's Saul (or whatever). Frederik is apparently this game's Jagen.

Also, Liz and Saul are both holding some kind of emblem when promoting, that's likely the Master Proof. (The text below Saul's screenshots agrees.)

Edited by TheEnd

I'm curious about the green diagrams to the right of the promotion gains. They seem to display ratings in different stats, but I don't know enough Japanese to tell what sort of rating it is. If it's growth rates, it seems to indicate growth rates are impacted by class choices, and I'm really hoping they are; it was unfortunate how the only ways class choice could impact stats in FE8 were promotion gains and caps.

Movement stats seem to be back to the GBA numbers, aside from Great Knights losing that stupid Move drop they had in FE8. Having mages and healers apparently back to the same Move as other foot units is definitely a welcome adjustment.

Edited by Othin

Don't get your hopes up by reading too much into it; chances are those graphics are simply rough (or exaggerated) references of a given class' strengths and shortcomings - i.e. caps.

Wait, is it the same Naga appeared from the Archanea and the Judrgal series going to return in this game?

Edited by King Marth 64

Wait, so if Emelina is the Holy Queen of Iris, then that could mean that Krom and Liz are related to her as well?

She's their elder sister. I mentioned it in the first post : )

BTW, Famitsu appears to be covering the game in all their future issues until release.

Frederick is a Great Knight huh? I like this idea alot. He probably wont be too much of a "game-breaker" as his Jeigan predecessors were since his movement will be lower.I wonder what FE8 would have been like if Seth were a Great Knight instead of a Paladin...

Liz promotes to AxeCleric

I take back everything bad I ever said about her.

Okay her design is still ridiculous but AXES AXES AXES

How do you tell that was an axe?

Disregard this message, I didn't see it mentioned.

Edited by King Marth 64

Frederick is a Great Knight huh? I like this idea alot. He probably wont be too much of a "game-breaker" as his Jeigan predecessors were since his movement will be lower.I wonder what FE8 would have been like if Seth were a Great Knight instead of a Paladin...

Frederick is only missing out on one point of move though, since Great Knights have 7 move in this game, and the scans show Cavaliers have 7 and Paladins have 8 move. If he's anything like Seth, Titania or Marcus the 1 less move probably won't make too much of an impact.

This sounds great! I might actually make the Cavs into GKs when I play this game (the only thing putting me off from doing it in FE8 was MOV going DOWN, I wouldn't have cared if it just stayed the same like it seems it will do here but having things go DOWN on promotion is too much for me), Liz's alternate class sounds bizarre but it could be funny.

Just thinking, if there was a Bolt Axe or something like it in this game, Battle Cleric!Liz would be a perfect fit. Alas we likely won't have anything like that (and it'd only be one weapon anyway). She'll likely make for a great mage-killer in that class (w/ Hand Axes) in any case! :P:

This sounds great! I might actually make the Cavs into GKs when I play this game (the only thing putting me off from doing it in FE8 was MOV going DOWN, I wouldn't have cared if it just stayed the same like it seems it will do here but having things go DOWN on promotion is too much for me), Liz's alternate class sounds bizarre but it could be funny.

Just thinking, if there was a Bolt Axe or something like it in this game, Battle Cleric!Liz would be a perfect fit. Alas we likely won't have anything like that (and it'd only be one weapon anyway). She'll likely make for a great mage-killer in that class (w/ Hand Axes) in any case! :P:

With all the weapon/magic crossing, I think weapons like that are a certainty, perhaps even multiple of them.