• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

double post but i don't care because this amazing update deserves a bump

http://www.mediafire.com/?ajl1ckvi7gp9f9l

THE ONE TRUE FE7 RR PATCH

Features:

Athos raging against his older brother, and poor Louise unable to stop him...

Pent as an annoying schoolgirl!

The beautiful granddaughter of the Marquess of Caelin... Hawkeye?

Ninian dancing her way through the sky!

I'll also be posting a video & audio playthrough of this on the FE7 board soon.

It's a UPS patch, so you've gotta use NUPS to apply it. It does, however, contain Xeld's Fixed Mode patch pre-inserted.

double post but i don't care because this amazing update deserves a bump

I'll call this a joint project thread with you, Mekkah, and Paperblade. Meaning posts by you three with new patches or advising of new patches in the first post are allowed to be double posts or necro. Have fun.

I'll also be posting a video & audio playthrough of this on the FE7 board soon.

Do it.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

She's not really Haar (she doesn't double anything but Soldiers until she's had a lot of levels) but the "ex-prepromo" buff made her so good. Like, before the buff Archers would 2RKO her, and someone like Sealen would ORKO. After the buff, Sealen couldn't double her even if he didn't weigh himself down.

That said I don't really care for the balance, just have fun with this.

She's not really Haar (she doesn't double anything but Soldiers until she's had a lot of levels) but the "ex-prepromo" buff made her so good. Like, before the buff Archers would 2RKO her, and someone like Sealen would ORKO. After the buff, Sealen couldn't double her even if he didn't weigh himself down.

That said I don't really care for the balance, just have fun with this.

Haar doesn't double either without speedwings and shit, which basically don't exist in FE7.

Hence why she's not really Haar. :P

Random observations and errors:

- Farina has no animation for fighting or promoting

- Florina's inventory and probably her stats are unedited, it seems (30 uses of Nini's Grace ftw)

- Kent cannot use the Axereaver he comes with

I couldn't get the FE7 patch to work. I even re-downloaded the (venom) ROM because I renamed the one I had a long time ago, and still no luck.

Any advice? I was using NUPS to (unsuccessfully) patch.

RANDOM OBSERVATIONS

1: Farina, Lyn, and Raven replace Guy, Hawkeye, and Legault respectively, and these 3 characters have special custom animations that override their class animations. As a result of this, Farina's sprite cannot display while holding a Lance (since it's Guy's special Myrmidon battle sprite, and has no Lance alternative), Lyn would have to be using axes in order to display her sprite, and Raven's sprite only appears if he's using swords (because it's Legault's custom sprite). I'm going to release an updated version of the patch soonish.

2: I've had no problem using the patch even on fresh downloads, so I'm not sure why people are having issues. I assume that it's not kosher to post a prepatched version on the forums due to the whole "don't post roms" thing, so really there's not much I can tell you. If it's ok, I can host it on Mediafire and just PM it to you guys privately, but I'd want confirmation from the mods first that it's cool to do that.

3: PROMOTING IN THE PREP SCREEN IS BROKEN- Just promote in the actual missions, you should be fine.

4: I'm going to do the whole "swap sprites and palettes" thing this weekend, just because it's the last loose end. Athos probably still won't have an animation, but I might just give him the "Athos" sprite for both his base class and promoted class, just because I can.

Thoughts?

I was actually playing through and noticed that myself. So I decided to fix it myself. :P

Little note, I couldn't actually send Athos to the arena in 17x because of him not having a sprite, but that didn't matter cause I just staff spammed with him.

Though Hawkeye was fine in the arena and fighting. His sprite was a normal pirate. Though he was labeled as Lyn in his character thing when you press R. So, that name might not have been changed.

Last thing, was even though everyone's sprites show up normally in cutscenes when spoken to, Karla doesn't show up and is still Eliwood.

I might've done something wrong myself, who knows. It was really weird.

I'm at PFoD in FE7 right now. Heath and Rath both disappoint, needing a boatload of EXP but the former whiffs on doubling too often, while the latter's sniping wasn't really that great. Vaida and Ninian are obviously broken. I also overestimated Nino - her Mag is actually average at best (which is really surprising when you think about it) and this has her fail on 2HKOing for a long, long time. Add in that her AS has a hard time getting up to par due to low Con, and the huge amount of EXP that has to go into her to make her viable...really, Pent is much better. And that's just really, really sad.

Other random stuff:

- Erk died as a NPC. He can die turn 1 enemy phase if things don't go your way due to ballista + Steel Lance Knight. It's hilarious.

- 68 HP/20 Def Lowen standing on a peak as an enemy in Unfulfilled Heart, heh.

- There needs to be some earlygame vendor with Fire. :( Unfortunately none of us seem to have an FE7 shop editor.

- Needs more Elysian Whips.

- Raven is kind of hax, sort of like a compromise between himself and Harken. Unfortunately deployment slots are just so tight.

- All the Knight Crest units suck. Or at least, they don't seem worth it.

Shop Editors

Had em lying around. And I was showing a bit of favoritism to Nino and Pent, and they both managed to not break their weapons till 14 and I even went to 13x. Vaida, Farina, Renault, and Louise taking alot of kills may have done that as well, but I managed to buy plenty of tomes in 14.

Anywho, those should work for ya.

Ugh, Merlinus promotes in the prep screen by default, causing the game to reset. I "fixed" it by going back to a savestate before ending PFoD (the chapter where he was 19/0), and lured a Hero with a disarmed Vaida from the right side of the map to Merlinus and let him get killed. Now I have to get him offed or not field him for every map to come. Which will be fun when I have to do some heavy shopping.

Well it turns out mine was only "broken" due to my own incompetence. A question to those who have played the FE7 version - could you clarify how supporting/recruitment works?

Edited by Meteor

Use the replacements- Priscilla's replacement recruits Raven's replacement, which recruits Lucius' replacement. Raven's replacement supports the replacements for all of Raven's supports, so generally the character slots remain the same in relation to one another.

• 2 months later...

In FE6, Bartre is called Igrene, and a conversation between Miledy and Gale is bugged, though you can just skip it after it bugs.

yay topic is bumped back up by a legit post

EDIT: Echidna also promotes into a Warrior now? Why?

Edited by Excellen Browning

In FE6, Bartre is called Igrene, and a conversation between Miledy and Gale is bugged, though you can just skip it after it bugs.

yay topic is bumped back up by a legit post

EDIT: Echidna also promotes into a Warrior now? Why?

I don't know about the Miredy/Gale one, but the Bartre/Igrene and promotion glitch are weird, since I'm pretty sure I fixed them... Oh well. Gimme a bit and I will fix it.