deranger

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old-> new->other new

0scrn.pngprouc1scrn.pngproucascrn.png

the first new has more ocean, so tell me which one you think is better as well. I feel like I can't get the trees to blend between rows, because when I look at them, sometimes I can see lines where the tile boundaries are.

Edited by deranger

• 3 weeks later...

sad face for lack of c&c on maps.

more BS:

f1p.png

I'm planning on making a full animation for this one, its a first tier forresty archer. Tentative name- hunter.

leyport61.gifley63portt.gif

Old > New

Class will be hunter. Slight changes.

Edited by deranger

Warning: the following image may cause some color induced eye bleeding.

35dd6f8c5a0f9df937492b154693c732.png

I put Klein's body behind yours. He suffers from the fact he has no neck. If you're gonna use Klein's head, try to make his shoulders on Klein's level too?

The crit better not be him spinning an arrow.

Edited by Joerachi

Actually, Klein's neck is a tad long, and doesn't make the best reference. I'd probably stuff just one more pixel of neck in there, and that'd be adequate. The body angles are conflicting each other, though. Far side of the body wants to go ---> this way; near side of the body + cape wants to go <--- that way. The neck is kind of a squishy volcano in the middle of it, with no particular angle to speak of, and not much definition. Pillowed center trim is pillowed, and the cape looks like folds of paper.

EDIT -- Well, shoot, I guess I posted a bit late. Forget the trim part.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

Alright, fixes coming: move the head up and to the right 0-2 pixels (i'll see what looks good). I agree he has too much right shoulder right now; play with the neck, but necks like, say Matthews appear completely round; try to add some thickness to the hood, and maybe the lower cloak as well. And I should probably fix the excess shading around the right side shoulder strap. trim part has already been forgotten.

I don't get what you mean/ how to fix the conflicting body parts (I mad the undershirt by making a broad shouldered villager's body narrower, so what you're saying is probably right).

and what if I make him spin his arrow twice? I might make his crit him spinning his bow, I'll see what I can do, still open to suggestions I guess.

Edited by deranger

Urgh, Matthew. He has one of the ugliest, pudgiest necks around - pun not intended. Please remember that official sprites are not necessarily the best anatomical references.

That being said, the conflicting angles are mainly due to the center trim section and far belt strap (with the buckle). Because the body is facing mostly forward, the straps should be mostly vertical, especially because the top half of the belt on the far shoulder is suggesting that it's mostly an upright affair. Also, the shaded armpit part implies that his body is facing more forward or toward our right.

Edited by · j e a l o u s y ·

• 2 weeks later...

leyport61.gifley63portt.gifley63.gif

Really Old > Kinda Old > Will be Old

Moved the head left two pixels, curled the cload a little, and changedfixed the neck shading. Now the hood is off center, and the shoulder pad is more a side shoulder pad.

Edited by deranger

Lack of C&C = perfection, right?

Old > Update drill

shadowport1uh.gifshadow20.gif

Changed the colors and Bandana. Class: Nomad

talsarport13.giftalsar14.gif

Small updates, only used 12 colors, Old one only had 9 Class: Soldier

Edited by deranger

I really like what you did with the bandana it looks much better. Just kinda think the color of the neckline/collar thing should stand out more so it isn't all dark (Although I don't mind dark at all...). It doesn't need to be that way though, it's just my opinion. =I

• 3 weeks later...

That battle sprite is boss. I wish I could be that good :<

The "dark grass" patches on the map look a little weird, and there's a disturbing lack of paths. What, does everyone fly around here?

• 1 month later...

Ew, snow map. I hear the tileset for that sucks, but can you do anything about making the cliffs on the bottom smoother? And the right-hand-side ice patch seems to be missing an edge towards the bottom.

As for the battle sprite... I'm supposed to be commenting on the far right one, right? I'm so out of it right now @_@

Um, it seems the problem is mostly coloring? The cape and shoes seem to lack contrast. I'm not sure what you're planning on doing with the forward arm, but the hand looks weird.

Geez I suck at critique now

I see what you mean with the cliffs ending.

Yes the far right one. I'm trying to make battle sprite have his right hand (OPV left) on his hip. hand placement is open to suggestions though. I did use about 5 colors on the boots. And ugh, color editing, never done much of that.

• 4 weeks later...

WIPs

leymask.gif

Kinda an impulse thing I randomly did.

hunter32bow.png

made the bow. I tried to make it at an angle, slightly down, and slightly towards the camera.

bonewalkeraxes.png

and bone walkers, because we don't have orcs in fire emblem. It shouldn't be too hard to make a full animation for any of these 3. I should probably have the ax head facing down in the 3rd still frame as well.

Feedback (especially which bonewalker ax is the most fitting) is appreciated.

Edited by deranger

For the Bonewalkers, the first row was originally swords, then lances, then custom?

Try to start from the LanceWalker base. Take the axe from the bottom, left sprite, and move it to the front of the walker, and flip the head of the axe over. For attacking, just do the sword animation but two handed?

Sorry, I don't sprite much :p

Are you recommending using the second or third row's still frame? Keep in mind that these are fairly ungraceful skeletons who shouldn't be twirling their weapons too much.

And yes, the rows are sword, lance, and the last is kinda lance based too.

Edited by deranger

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ballin', quadruple post.

10temu.gif10temuchibi.gif

Pretty proud of the way this one turned out. Thinking about making the green a less yuck green.

ch11scrn.png

Small simple map. Set on the Western Isles (maybe the north one).

talsarport15.gif

Trim color update.

eightherosiaza.gif

Also, battle sprites I did forever ago that I felt like posting.

Edited by deranger