Trouble with FE5 ROM Hack "Super Thracia"

KnightofLeonster

After seeing AstraLunaSol's LP of this hack I've been wanting to try it out, but I've been having trouble trying to patch the ROM itself. Whenever I try to patch the ROM the game won't run on the emulator (I've been using ZSNES for those curious) it just keeps giving me a black screen every time I try to load the game or reset it. Help maybe?

After seeing AstraLunaSol's LP of this hack I've been wanting to try it out, but I've been having trouble trying to patch the ROM itself. Whenever I try to patch the ROM the game won't run on the emulator (I've been using ZSNES for those curious) it just keeps giving me a black screen every time I try to load the game or reset it. Help maybe?

Thracia has at least three versions of the rom. There is the NP version (the release on a Japanese download service), the confusingly named ROM version (the cartage release), and i think one of those comes in headered and unheadered versions. The patch will only work for one of those (don't know which one though). the NSRT utility can add and remove headers. ( http://www.romhacking.net/utilities/400/) Also, try another emulator (zsnes sometimes has issues.), and make sure that you are patching a clean Japanese rom.

I was having the same problem, but i already solved it, First,you need Snes Tool, this allows you to add a Header to the Japanese ROM of the game, after adding the header, just add the patch to the headered ROM and play, not really that hard. Ps: I Use ZSNES Too and i don't have any issues, works perfectly for me.

Edited by DemonStryker

Yeah, tried to use the tool, but just says it won't work on my PC and I should find one for it. (The PC I use is Windows 8 btw).

I also tried using Lunar.ips, but that just made it to where the game wouldn't even start period, just a black screen. (Side Note: Without the patch, the game itself loads fine.)

EDIT: Yeah I'm derping hard today. Took your guys' advice and it worked. Thanks!

Edited by KnightofLeonster