Sibling Fates

Mr. Myrmidon

Do you think that you will have to have any siblings on the side that you didn't choose die? Most people seem to think that Leon and Takumi will both be killed by the avatar. Similarly, it is popular opinion that both Marx and Ryouma will die by your hand. What are your opinions and ideas on which siblings will die and how?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think that you will have to have any siblings on the side that you didn't choose die? Most people seem to think that Leon and Takumi will both be killed by the avatar. Similarly, it is popular opinion that both Marx and Ryouma will die by your hand. What are your opinions and ideas on which siblings will die and how?

Obviously they won't if you play Phoenix Mode

I do think they will be spared by the Avatar on both sides, but will be exiled or what have you.

I'm sure some die.

Hinoka and Camilla don't seem likely as both are said to be severly dedicated to Kamui. So I don't see them throwing their lives away.

Only Marx and Ryouma have high chances in my opinion.After all, they attack you first if you choose the other side.

I feel like Leon is the person who's most excited/willing to kill Kamui. Like that older sibling you always feared growing up.

As long as I don't have to kill Sakura or Hinoka, I think I'm good? I like the designs for Takumi and Leon so far but I'd be less mad about that.

I'm sure some we can not choose die but others will be kill.

Heil Grammar Hitler aside. Nobody really knows and some people are of the opinions that IS are pusses and will have everyone live after they get fucked by your MAGICAL (GIRL) DRAGON POWERS. Some are of the opinion that IS is going to be straightforward with it and everyone who isn't with you will die a horrible death by your own hands (bonus points if the two younger sisters die too)

I'm of the former opinion

Marx/Ryouma would probably die near the end which seems appropriate from the second trailer.

Leon/Takumi would be a little early as they might be eager to take you out mostly takumi.

Camilla/Hinoka would regret it (pls spare option)

Elise/Sakura they're too precious for that (also spare)

Edited by pkomegapax

I really don't want to kill Kamui's younger siblings. Although it'd be a bit sad to see Ryouma, Marx, Hinoka, and Camilla die, I would feel worse about having to kill Takumi, Leon, Sakura, and Elise because they're younger than Kamui. And Kamui does not look old to begin with. Hopefully won't be forced to kill the younger ones.

​Also sparing only the women and killing only the men sounds a bit sexist, lol

Edited by Sunwoo

I don't see the point of having the option to spare them. It would ruin the whole point of you having to choose a side.

I mean maybe if you had to torture them or something, but still, if it had no gameplay effects, I can't get behind it

Every last one of them should die as a direct result of your actions. =) It's only fair, after all; why be Sukazu when you can be Lelouch?

Edited by Refa

^ so the men die and the women have a option to spare them? I honestly don't think i like that idea very much.

not my point your sisters all probably adore you to get killed, takumi obviously doesn't care, Leon might be eager to get you and Marx and Ryouma might fight you for what you believe justice is stated by Marx all in all if their was an option to spare them all I'd choose it.

Some sibling must die or have a horrible event happen to them like being a prisoner if no death. No happy endings galore, please.

Marx and Ryouma will/should have some sort of clash that I'm really hoping won't be lackluster or anticlimatic. That or get killed by Kamui on the battlefield.

Hinoka and Camilla, being dedicated to Kamui and all, one might be spared. The other's suffering would be niiiiiceee........

Leon and Takumi can be thrown up in the air

Kill one imouto would be pleasant to see, especially an accident killing.

I'd do it like this:

Hoshido Route - Marx and Camilla die

Nohr Route - Ryouma and Sakura die

Takumi surviving on the Nohr route would be throwing him a bone because he'll have to be proven wrong about how untrustworthy Kamui and Aqua are on the Hoshido route even though he has every right to doubt Kamui and Aqua. Leon and Hinoka both seem like they would survive for different reasons. Leon is a genius which should mean he's crafty and knows when to quit. Hinoka just seems like a natural survivor to me. The main reason why I want to have Elise survive while Sakura doesn't is because Elise seems aware of the wrongdoings of her country while Sakura is convinced that everybody in Hoshido is a good person (which is mighty suspicious especially since Aqua was kidnapped and held prisoner). Marx and Ryouma just seem like obvious candidates to die. Camilla I have no good reason for why she should die other than to balance Nohr route losing two Hoshido siblings.

Edited by IceBuster573

Let's kill them all. Tragedies are the best :D

In all seriousness, I hope that at least one sibling from the opposing side will die because of you. Happy endings would be such a disappointment.

Here's what a wrote in a similar thread.

Here's how I'd do it. Takumi and Leon are early to mid-game bosses and you can either choose to kill them or spare/capture them. Killing them will give you some rare item or other in game benefit but sparing them could open up other more diplomatic options later on. For Sakura and Elise, I think you should be able to recruit them from the opposite side on the condition that you spared Takumi and Leon. If you killed the younger brothers, Sakura and Elise will be bosses but are only captured after the battle. In the story, the enemy will capture either Camilla or Hinoka and if you have Sakura or Elise as prisoners, you will be able to trade them back. If you don't trade them, a paralogue will open up to rescue the older sister but the other older sister will be the boss of that level.

Ryouma and Marx will be killed unless a long list of conditions are fulfilled including keeping their siblings alive.

I think there should be a difficult way to save/spare everyone, but only the younger sister should be possible to recruit.

The general idea is, you can choose to spare or kill characters after fighting them but there will be pros and cons to each choice. Most of the oposite royal family will remain unrecruitable but you'll get benefits for keeping them alive. I don't think IS will have the balls to kill off many of the royals besides Ryoma and Marx.

Here's what a wrote in a similar thread.

The general idea is, you can choose to spare or kill characters after fighting them but there will be pros and cons to each choice. Most of the oposite royal family will remain unrecruitable but you'll get benefits for keeping them alive. I don't think IS will have the balls to kill off many of the royals besides Ryoma and Marx.

Ultimately, that's probably the best way to satisfy both sides. Great idea.

Probably will go Game of Thrones style all the siblings must die.

In all seriousness I think it'll be a choice each time and there will be actual consequences between sparing them or killing them when you encounter them at least the major guys like Marx and Ryouma. Falls in line with whole If thing. For example if you choose Hoshido and get to where you fight Marx if you spare him he'll escape with the army and you have to play a harder chapter but eventually get to recruit him in the end and if you kill him you go down an easier path but you don't get to recruit him.

Something along those lines.

Based on we know about them, and presuming the ones from the opposing side don't all die, I'm predicting that Elise/Sakura will join you regardless, Camilla/Hinoka can be recruited, but will initially appear as Red units; you'll have to talk to them and they'll need to survive their chapters, Leon/Takumi will take your betrayal the most personally and will be completely unswayed by your words, while Marx/Ryouma will like ways be unswayed but won't take it as personally; they'll be like the Camus of the game.

Another possibility would be that none of them are bosses on the maps they appear in (barring Marx/Ryouma; I'm convinced that's a fight you just can't avoid), and thus defeating them won't be necessary for clearing the chapter, however, since they'll likely attack any of your units in range and will have the Dragon's Vein ability (while Elise/Sakura can heal your enemies, and maybe cast negative statuses) they'll still be dangerous opponents.

Here's what I posted on a similar thread:

Assuming they all fight against you, here is how I think it would go:
First you fight Leon/Takumi. I feel that they will be the only ones to fight you in your country, and they will most likely die.
Next, you fight Camilla/Hinoka. Unlike their younger brothers, these two are more reluctant to fight against you. They will most likely die crying while saying that you were no longer the innocent young boy/girl you were while you were younger, with Camilla wishing Kamui luck against Marx and Garon while Hinoka notes that her training wouldn't have protected you.
After a few chapters, you fight Elise/Sakura. They would obviously be the most reluctant to fight you, and I feel it will give you an option to spare their lives. If you choose to kill them, they will die smiling and saying they will always love you. If you choose to spare them, they will either go insane with grief, possibly with an implied suicide, or they will join you late game.
Finally, you fight Marx/Ryouma. They will seem the most betrayed, but they will have differing reactions. Marx will treat you as a hypocritical traitor, saying that you were the one who deserved your so-called "justice." Ryouma will apologize for being forced to fight you, and say that your father would be proud of your strength, but not your morality. I believe that you will be forced to kill them, with Marx saying that you finally bested him and Ryouma will wish that he knew you better.

About the younger sister's joining you, I personally wouldn't want it, but I think it is possible just so IS wouldn't make you kill characters who were no more than 16.

Probably will go Game of Thrones style all the siblings must die.

In all seriousness I think it'll be a choice each time and there will be actual consequences between sparing them or killing them when you encounter them at least the major guys like Marx and Ryouma. Falls in line with whole If thing. For example if you choose Hoshido and get to where you fight Marx if you spare him he'll escape with the army and you have to play a harder chapter but eventually get to recruit him in the end and if you kill him you go down an easier path but you don't get to recruit him.

Something along those lines.

That's interesting. I wonder how Marx/Ryouma would behave if recruited by the opposite side.

I'm in the minority I assume in not wanting to absolutely kill any of the main story characters.

That's interesting. I wonder how Marx/Ryouma would behave if recruited by the opposite side.

According to a surprisingly large part of the fandom, they'd squabble over minor chores and then patch things up with some steamy hot sex.