[COMPLETE] Hasha no Tsurugi manga translation

TheEnd

hntbanner2.png

ABOUT THIS MANGA

Hasha no Tsurugi is a side-story/retelling of the events of Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi. The main character is Al (or Alle, as of the official Japanese canon... but whatever), a 15-years old teenager who leaves his father in the mountains and sets off in a journey to find out what he wants to do, custom sword in hand. Along the way, he makes some friends, teams up with Roy and does stuff.

This is a serious manga (as in, not a parody). It has 11 volumes. A few notes:

1. The mamkute in Chapter 1 is probably a lv1 one, that's why he's killed off so easily.

2. This manga is pretty much a side-story until volume 4, and a retelling from then on. It also follows a different route from the game. And yes, even though the game has multiple routes and endings.

3. If you read "champion", think Hartmut. Maybe I should have used Supreme Ruler/King, but now is too late to change that.

4. Flying dragons = wyverns, swordsmen = myrmidons, etc. Except for some class and weapon names, I'm following the English canon. I know, I should have fully followed it from start, but... well, whatever.

HOW DOES THIS WORK

If you want to redistribute this translation for some reason, go ahead. Just host it yourself. Unpleasant things may happen if you don't (namely, broken links and false files - it has happened before, don't try your luck). Also, resist the temptation of zipping LQ and HQ releases of a given chapter together. It makes no sense.

DOWNLOADS

(i.e., what really matters)

Full Volumes:

(These are also available here, in zip format.)

Act I: The Great Trip

Volume 1: Brave Youth [chapters 1-4 | 26MB | last updated: 09/04]

Volume 2: World's Finest Knight [chapters 5-8 | 16.9MB | last updated: 09/04]

Act II: The False League

Volume 3: For Lycia! [chapters 9-12 | 17.2MB | last updated: 09/12]

Volume 4: Cross the Sea [chapters 13-16 | 15.7MB | last updated: 09/26]

Act III: Emblem versus Divine Weapon

Volume 5: Dominion [chapters 17-20 | 18.7MB | last updated: 09/30]

Volume 6: Fire Emblem [chapters 21-24 | 18.9MB | last updated: 10/05]

Act IV: Retaking the Capital

Volume 7: Resurrection [chapters 25-28 | 17MB | last updated: 10/22]

Volume 8: Deathmatch in the Sky, Agony on the Ground [chapters 29-32 | 17.5MB | last updated: 10/31]

Volume 9: Eternal Siblings [chapters 33-36 | 16.3MB | last updated: 11/21]

Last Act: Oath to the Future

Volume 10: Dragon's Roar [chapters 37-40 | last updated: 06/28] [LQ - 16MB] [HQ - 120MB]

Volume 11: Separate Ways [chapters 41-final | last updated: 06/28] [LQ - 14.7MB] [HQ - 134.4MB]

Latest Chapters:

Last Act: Oath to the Future

Volume 10: Dragon's Roar [chapters 37-40]

- Chapter 37: Royal Palace's Assault Team - LQ (4.7MB) | HQ (31.1MB)

- Chapter 38: Sword of Seals - LQ (3.6MB) | HQ (27.2MB)

- Chapter 39: Dragon's Roar - LQ (3.4MB) | HQ (27.1MB)

- Chapter 40: Indelible Flame - LQ (3.8MB) | HQ (34.6MB)

Volume 11: Separate Ways [chapters 41-end]

- Chapter 41: Invitation from the Shadows - LQ (3.6MB) | HQ (30.6MB)

- Chapter 42: Father and Child - LQ (2.7MB) | HQ (25.8MB)

- Chapter 43: A Mother's Wish - LQ (2.3MB) | HQ (19.8MB)

- Chapter 44: One Heart - LQ (3.1MB) | HQ (28MB)

- Final Chapter: Separate Ways - LQ (3.3MB) | HQ (30.4MB)

THANKS

Raws: Vincent/ChinaFE (v1-9), Minaya (c37-39), Aquantis (alternate c34, c40-45)

Proofreading: Vincent, Hinata, Laylea

Other: AceNoctali, DMAJohnshon, FireLizard

Latest update - June 28th: Added Chapters 40-45.

Edited by Tiena

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been lurking for awhile and I just wanted to say thanks to the people making this happen. :) I love Fire Emblem and its such an awesome game and I'm super glad to be able to get more story background through the manga. I'm thoroughly enjoying read it.

Awesome stuff as usual~

It might take a while until I proofread the next chapter since I'm busy procrastinating writing up an assignment that's due in this coming Monday uh-oh, that's less than three days away....

It kind of gets kind of better from there. Well, at least you can start comparing what happens in it to the actual game.

It's still a pretty average manga, though. And Al is a Mary Sue.

Awesome stuff as usual~

It might take a while until I proofread the next chapter since I'm busy procrastinating writing up an assignment that's due in this coming Monday uh-oh, that's less than three days away....

STOP BEING LAZY VINCENT

ABOUT THIS MANGA

This is a serious manga (as in, not a parody). It has 11 volumes. A few notes:

1. The mamkute in Chapter 1 is probably a lv1 one, that's why he's killed off so easily.

2. This manga is pretty much a side-story until volume 4, and a retelling from then on. It also follows a different route from the game. And yes, even though the game has multiple routes and endings.

Raws: Vincent/ChinaFE (vols. 1-9), Minaya (chapter 37)

Major proofreading: Vincent, Hinata

Minor proofreading: Laylea, DMA Johnshon, AceNoctali

I've read the first two volumes and am enjoying it so far.

1. I'm also guessing Al's sword is effective against Dragons

2. I'm fine with that, as long as no playable characters from the actual game die. And as long as Percival is awesome

I've read the first two volumes and am enjoying it so far.

1. I'm also guessing Al's sword is effective against Dragons

2. I'm fine with that, as long as no playable characters from the actual game die. And as long as Percival is awesome

1. That, too. I put that there because I've seen comments like "what? Al kills a dragon with one stroke? Baaaaawwwwwww."

2. I don't think any of the playable characters die, although a few (like Hugh, Zeiss and Garret) are completely absent. The game characters are usually left on the background (sometimes literally - Ellen appears in one scene, and isn't even named), but Percival actually has a rather big role when he joins.

Just one thing, if this is a manga based off of FE6, how was FE6 able to include references to the manga?

I believe it started being produced slightly before the game release. Notice how the first chapters pretty much have nothing to do with the game's plot.

I registered just for this particular thread..lol

TheEnd, I don't know what motivated you, but hold on to whatever it is and continue until your done because this manga is worth it... ;)

Oh, and by the way, I'm up to date...XD

Edited by EliSoul

As he's already said in this thread, he probably won't touch it before Monday.

College > manga scanlation, people. No point in being impatient. Furthermore, chances are I'm going to run out of material soon, so any lateness would seldom be a big deal.

The volumes on the site are zips if those take your fancy.

Kind of random, but I always wondered why people compressed files using less common forms of compressions. I'm guessing it's down to stability issues and/or something more technical.

It's just that I've seen a ton of people having no idea what to do with rar or 7z files, especially the former.