Elibean Nights

Arch

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sykes: Still really slow for a swordmaster. Seriously, those stats are more in tune for a hero then a swordmaster. Still, new sprites and extendable map, everything else looks really good.

Edited by Xtremekiwi

Sykes: Still really slow for a swordmaster. Seriously, those stats are more in tune for a hero then a swordmaster. Still, new sprites and extendable map, everything else looks really good.

Not everyone of the same class is cut from the same cloth! Personally, I feel a swordmaster of the 'one deadly strike' mould is more than welcome.

^ You know he ain't afraid of strong women.

gYETARh.png

Now that bonus content is done, I guess it's onto the next new feature.

Keen-eyed folks will notice that there happen to be two fewer scenes than I showed last time - ran out of usable chapter slots.

Edited by Arch

Just wanted to offer up an update on my work schedule: I've got a thesis paper due on Tuesday, last assignment of my college career, and then from December 3rd - 13th I'm basically going to be free every day (until moving back home on the 15th). My apologies for all the delays, I wanted Elibian Nights to be ready for you all much sooner, but get ready for a 10 day blitz to the finish line!

And in accordance with that, I'm needing to assemble one final beta testing team; anyone with free time during those 10 days is welcome to shoot me a PM and apply!

Let's get everything right for a Christmas day release.

Edited by Arch

Just wanted to offer up an update on my work schedule: I've got a thesis paper due on Tuesday, last assignment of my college career, and then from December 3rd - 13th I'm basically going to be free every day (until moving back home on the 15th). My apologies for all the delays, I wanted Elibian Nights to be ready for you all much sooner, but get ready for a 10 day blitz to the finish line!

And in accordance with that, I'm needing to assemble one final beta testing team; anyone with free time during those 10 days is welcome to shoot me a PM and apply!

REJOICE! We've all been waiting since 2012 (Except me, I joined earlier this year) It was still 2012 when it was announced

Christmas 2015

Hey I'm new to the forums but I've been following this hack for well over a year and it's by far my favorite hack of all time. But I was wondering, do you think you'll ever try and make another sequel style hack like you did for elibian nights for a different FE game like sacred stones? Sacred Stones was my first FE and I gotta say it was a real shame that it never got a follow up game like FE6 had with FE7. I felt that the characters deserved more exploration. It just felt like it had a ton of potential but was cut off short. I know you're working on FEE3 and hell you haven't even finished THIS hack yet but do you have any insight into the future and whether or not this is a plausible idea? Because I have to hand it to you, you sure know how to make a sequel and I feel Sacred Stones deserves it the most. Oh and btw is there going to be a way to keep

Raven and Co. alive in the future? Because Heath and Raven were my favorite characters from FE7 and I was ecstatic that they shared a tale...then well ya know, they died.

The ending was shocking for sure but I can't help but wish for the option. I remember I spent four straight hours using save states to get to Arcard and I killed him and even got Raven to stand on the castle gate tile but nothing happened and I was really shocked. Love Mercutio though.

Edited by RennacIsUnderrated

Hey I'm new to the forums but I've been following this hack for well over a year and it's by far my favorite hack of all time. But I was wondering, do you think you'll ever try and make another sequel style hack like you did for elibian nights for a different FE game like sacred stones? Sacred Stones was my first FE and I gotta say it was a real shame that it never got a follow up game like FE6 had with FE7. I felt that the characters deserved more exploration. It just felt like it had a ton of potential but was cut off short. I know you're working on FEE3 and hell you haven't even finished THIS hack yet but do you have any insight into the future and whether or not this is a plausible idea? Because I have to hand it to you, you sure know how to make a sequel and I feel Sacred Stones deserves it the most. Oh and btw is there going to be a way to keep

Raven and Co. alive in the future? Because Heath and Raven were my favorite characters from FE7 and I was ecstatic that they shared a tale...then well ya know, they died.

The ending was shocking for sure but I can't help but wish for the option. I remember I spent four straight hours using save states to get to Arcard and I killed him and even got Raven to stand on the castle gate tile but nothing happened and I was really shocked. Love Mercutio though.

From the screenshots that have been posted before, I have seen that there will be a "Surrender? Yes/No" option that appears during that tale. However, the same set showed a different screenshot showing

Lucius, Heath, Geitz and Priscilla alive...in front of Raven's tombstone like it is at the moment, with Lucius saying (paraphrased) "We need to live on for his sake", "his" I'm 92.751% sure is Raven. I am guessing it's going to go one of two ways:

1) The "Surrender?" box will only show up after Raven falls but while there are still others alive (in which case how? Raven's too badass to not die last. Seriously, I consider Raven the biggest badass in this RomHack, even more then Karel or Hector). Everything else will play out more or less the same.

2) The "Surrender?" box will show up as soon as you survive the required number of turns. If that happens, again, everything will play out like it is now up to an including Raven's execution (if with less bloodied and bruised characters), except Erk will intervene to rescue all remaining characters, not just Lucius/Priscilla.

Either way, I don't think that there will be a way to keep Raven from dying in his tale.

From the screenshots that have been posted before, I have seen that there will be a "Surrender? Yes/No" option that appears during that tale. However, the same set showed a different screenshot showing

Lucius, Heath, Geitz and Priscilla alive...in front of Raven's tombstone like it is at the moment, with Lucius saying (paraphrased) "We need to live on for his sake", "his" I'm 92.751% sure is Raven. I am guessing it's going to go one of two ways:

1) The "Surrender?" box will only show up after Raven falls but while there are still others alive (in which case how? Raven's too badass to not die last. Seriously, I consider Raven the biggest badass in this RomHack, even more then Karel or Hector). Everything else will play out more or less the same.

2) The "Surrender?" box will show up as soon as you survive the required number of turns. If that happens, again, everything will play out like it is now up to an including Raven's execution (if with less bloodied and bruised characters), except Erk will intervene to rescue all remaining characters, not just Lucius/Priscilla.

Either way, I don't think that there will be a way to keep Raven from dying in his tale.

Wait wait wait in which one does raven die? During my whole time playing it he never died for me.

Wait wait wait in which one does raven die? During my whole time playing it he never died for me.

...in Raven's tale? Did you not fully complete it, which requires the entire party to get defeated/killed by the endless legion of Etrurian forces?

EDIT: Found it on page 84 (Blech, why can't I edit in quoted posts from 20 pages ago?). Appearantly I was mistaken on two things:

1) You surrender at the beginning of the chapter;

2) It's Geitz who says "So now, we must live. To honor his sacrifice". Raven's death still doesn't look to be avoidable, though. Maybe add in a special cutscene if you actually beat Arcard and claim the throne?

Specifically, it's this one Arch posted: f9c225e2f3.PNG

Edited by Xtremekiwi

...in Raven's tale? Did you not fully complete it, which requires the entire party to get defeated/killed by the endless legion of Etrurian forces?

EDIT: Found it on page 84 (Blech, why can't I edit in quoted posts from 20 pages ago?). Appearantly I was mistaken on two things:

1) You surrender at the beginning of the chapter;

2) It's Geitz who says "So now, we must live. To honor his sacrifice". Raven's death still doesn't look to be avoidable, though. Maybe add in a special cutscene if you actually beat Arcard and claim the throne?

Specifically, it's this one Arch posted: f9c225e2f3.PNG

That's actually odd because I managed to beat him without a single unit dying.