Resistance VI: Avalon (Assassination - Resistance 3-1 Spies)

Tables

...you do that in your role pm you know

No, Kopf is quite right. Proposals are public, votes are done in PM.

Kopf has fortunately sent me his vote, so I know this is his actual proposal, but for future reference, I'd like to ask everyone to bold official game actions (and similarly, do not bold things that might be confused as game actions). It makes it a lot easier to tell what's going on at a glance.

Mission 1.1 has been proposed: Kopfjager and Kay. Please send your votes to me via your role PM.

Finally I'm going to add a new 'rule' for ease of running the game: If a mission leader doesn't send their vote by the time everyone else has voted, I will assume you are voting yes. The mission leader does still get to vote and there are many situations where they may vote no as well as yes, but more often than not, I think as mission leader you'd almost always remember to send a no vote while you may forget to vote yes.

If anyone objects to this, feel free to bring it up in your role PM (I'd rather not clutter the thread)

Edited by Tables

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, sorry, didn't know to bold it. To make it official:

##Proposal: Send Kay and Myself for Mission 1.1

Explanation: First of all, I'm not going to pretend I know who's what. I won't even claim that I can safevouch Kay and Myself as a sure-success team. What I intend to do with this mission is for fact-finding. If we succeed, we are one step closer to victory. If we fail, we have a 50-50 shot of finding out at least one scum, which IMO isn't that bad a gamble to take this early in the game.

Tables, are we allowed to make our vote public before it gets revealed later?

In reality Mission 1 doesn't matter, and if there is a sabotage mission 1 the spy is putting themselves at enormous risk and is making things way harder for their team.

Tables, are we allowed to make our vote public before it gets revealed later?

You're allowed to say what you want about your vote, but it's what you say in your role PM that matters.

Also, for people on mission: During the voting phase, it can be useful if you say if you want to pass/fail the mission if it does end up going ahead. Note this is optional, but it makes things a little easier. And yes, resistance members do still need to submit votes, to make missions with e.g. one spy who plays a pass look the same timing wise as missions with no spies.

Edited by Tables

...I'm not sure I like this proposal.

Less members means the higher the chance of a mission being sabotaged, if you know what I mean.

I don't quite understand why you say this. Do you mind providing your reasoning?

I have no issues with the mission/proposal. Though I'd like to ask: What determined the choice of who you sent along? (Yourself and Kay of all people? Yourself I can see as a natural choice [given your leadership], but why Kay?)

I rolled a dice to decide the second member.

Like people said, this early in the game? Too hard to decide who's what since we utterly lack information,

Fair enough. I'm down with the mission.

Also...

...I'm not sure I like this proposal.

Less members means the higher the chance of a mission being sabotaged, if you know what I mean.

Yes and no. 1:1 (only requiring 1 sabotage), sure, I can see happening.

However, I'm actually more worried about the possibility of the opposite being just as bad: The spies purposely putting through the first mission. Because, as stated above, this only incorporates 2 people. If both Kop and Kay are Resistance members, then they'll send it through without a hitch. But if one or the other (or god forbid both) are actually spies, and just choose to go with the mission and let it succeed, then this increases the chances of them possibly being included in later missions (under the assumption that, "Hey, they completed the first mission ezpz together for the Resistance without a problem. Clean/easy means to secure Resistance/pass votes later on, right?"). And even if they're not repeatedly included in later missions (which I doubt), I don't think spies would risk sabotaging this first mission. Makes it too clear that, between those two, at least one of them are antagonistic for some reason (and would probably get themselves excluded by others in mission choices, unless/until spies end up controlling the leadership/mission).

Also, do keep in mind the rules as well, in terms of accepting/rejecting mission proposals. If we reject up to the 5th proposal, the 5th proposal will go through without the need/consent of us voting. (Which means we'll have no say wrt who stays and who goes on said mission.)

Anyways, I'm out for now- let the mission begin! (Unless some people choose to object to it for some reason.)

I have no issues with the mission/proposal. Though I'd like to ask: What determined the choice of who you sent along? (Yourself and Kay of all people? Yourself I can see as a natural choice [given your leadership], but why Kay?)

Of all people? That makes it sound like you think I'm worse than random. Pretty much just amused and curious, but why not me?

Of all people? That makes it sound like you think I'm worse than random. Pretty much just amused and curious, but why not me?

Eh? I just meant "in specific, why Kay?" in the sense/meaning of him possibly hand-picking you. (Sorry if my wording was off/bad, lol. I have no bias towards you in terms of the fact that he picked you; I was just asking what caused his second person choice in his mission.)

This seems very nitpicky

I don't get why there's some talk about Mission 1. That's the mission that's always good for the resistance, so lol. Eury if you're so worried about spies being on Mission 1 and succeeding, we can always just exclude the Mission 1 Team for the 3 man missions, figure out who's resistance, then go for Mission 4(we can go with the risk of having one Spy)

I'm more interested in who people want to try for Mission 2 though. Dunno, something to talk about and I'm bored.

I'm very confused right now. Can someone describe what happens during the missions? Like I know the whole vote thing works (sabotage/not sabotage right?), but is there anything else?

Player A makes proposal

Everyone votes whether proposal passes

If passed, spies in the proposed team may/may not sabotage while resistance has to not sab.

If not passed, Player B gets to propose a team. Rinse and repeat.

Cool, I got it.

...I really should read the instructions more carefully, this is just so different than what I'm normally used too haha.

So the leader doesn't have to go on the mission? Interesting...I can't see why the leader would ever opt out though. I mean presumably FHPOV he'd be town, so why?

I'm more interested in who people want to try for Mission 2 though. Dunno, something to talk about and I'm bored.

Mission 2 is 3 people, right? If we're not including the people from Mission 1, then the choices will be between Eurykins, you, me, FFM, and Reintime; whoever's the leader can pick 3 of them. Not sure about the Mission 1 thing TBH, it makes sense if 1/2 of the members are scum, but it's not really helpful if they're both town. Well, if the mission gets sabotaged then I can see not including either, but if it's a success then I just don't know. This game is hard.

Well if you know you're resistance and you want to find out who else may be resistance or spy, proposing a team other than yourself is a good idea.

Likewise if you were spy you could propose a team consisting of one of your spy buddies and they'd just sab it. Its hard to discern who proposes with what intention, unfortunately.

Or if you were under a lot of suspicion, so a mission with you would be voted against, but you could still put your townreads on a mission.

That's only true for Missions 1 to 3 and you have to be really confident to do that because if you're Resistance putting 3 people on a mission that aren't you, you're saying who you think the entire rest of the Resistance is. Realistically people are going to put themselves on plans almost every time. (also you shouldn't leave yourself out of a 4 person mission pretty much ever because you're guaranteed to have at least 1 spy unless you're a spy throwing the whole resistance on a team for some reason)