Resistance VI: Avalon (Assassination - Resistance 3-1 Spies)

Tables

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I just thought of a crazy idea. It sounds all right to me, but it might be secretly fucked up or something I dunno. So I assume the reason we're not claiming is because it increases the chances of the assassin targeting Merlin at the end of the game. Assuming that none of us claim and it's purely odds at the end, that gives the assassin a 25% chance of hitting Merlin. However...what if Perceival claims? Then yes, it increases the odds to 33%, but in reality that's only an 8% increase overall. This way, we can have a confirmed townie leading our missions, which increases our overall chances of success IMO. What do other people think? Is it worth the risk, or should we just not do it?

(also it goes without saying that noone should actually claim until we have this all sorted out, of course)

If someone else claims Perceival, then they'd be scum, right? Like yeah, if there were two claims we wouldn't know which one is telling the truth, but wouldn't it help narrow things down further? That'd mean that out of 5 players, there'd be two scum left right? Seems like we were planning on doing something similar with Mission 1, anyways.

*FUCK, I meant (55/45). This is what I get for posting at 3AM in the morning...

More than two people won't claim, because that would mean there are two scum who are lying (and their chances of winning from that point will be NIL; on second thought, yeah scum should totally do that). My point is if there are 2 (or more) claims, we don't let either of them on any missions we'll do in the future. Win/win either way, in my expert opinion.

Actually if we get say, 3 Perceival claims, 2 from scum, 1 from resistance, then we'd just take the other 4 players for missions(since we can't find out who's the real Perceival). M4 is the exception, since it needs two sabs. Since spies will usually need one sab for a victory, that kind of play actually goes well for spies.

Of course, I've had my say in this. I'll let the others discuss.

I second Reinfleche's notion on this.

Think of it like normal mafia games: the more information we end up spitting out, the more scum has to work with. Sure, there's no "night actions" to really watch out for (just pass/sabotage on missions), but I really don't like the feeling of "Perceivals" or the like claiming, especially pre-mission 1. This is just asking for trouble, imo.

Yes, it has. I have 6 votes and have prodded Frosted Fire Flakes to vote. I would have done this yesterday evening but I didn't even turn my laptop on, so... ¬_¬. Sorry for the slight delay.

Mission 1.1 proposed by: Kopfjäger:

Team Proposed: Kopfjäger, Kay

Voting YES: Kopfjäger, Eurykins, Bluedoom, Kay, Frosted Fire Flakes

Voting NO: Refa, Reinfleche

Result: Yes - 5, No - 2

Proposal passes

Kopfjager and Kay, please send me your mission orders. As a reminder, resistance must play a pass - but still need to send the order in to hide potential spies. Spies may pass or fail.

...I'm kinda surprised the Mission hasn't been revealed by the host yet. o.o (In terms of whether it succeeded or not)

[Given the fact that only Kay and Kop had to respond via PMs, I figured it'd be a quick phase in itself.]

At least one didn't send their action with their vote. I have them all now.

Mission 1 Results

Pass: 1

Fail: 1

Mission fails. Score is now Resistance - 0, Spies - 1

After that bungle of a proposal, Leadership passes to Eurykins. Eurykins, please propose Mission 2.1. Mission 2 has 3 people on it.