Mafia - Training Filler - Confirmation Phase

Grace

Welcome to Training Filler! The purpose of this filler game is to give the newer players a simpler environment to practice playing mafia. There may also be mentors involved in helping some of the players.

[spoiler=rules]1) This game is NOC. Do not talk to other players outside of the thread unless your Role PM allows you to. Do not talk to non-players unless they are IO. This applies to mentors and mentees alike.

2) 72/24 hour phases. No nighttalk.

3) Hammer game: you require a majority of votes in order to lynch a player. If no majority is achieved, there will be a random lynch.

4) The game starts on Day 1.

5) No Lynch may not be voted for.

6) Players will flip their role and alignment on death.

7) Mafia must submit a nightkill each night. If they do not, the kill will be randomized.

8) If you are roleblocked, you will be notified.

9) Mafia may not use a role ability and take the factional nightkill during the night.

10) You may not self-target with any ability.

11) Mentors may post once per 24 hours, unless given prior permission. Mentors, use your discretion when advising your mentees, and do not try to play the game for them. If you take your communication outside of your Role PM's, make sure I have the details.

12) Mentors of the mafia have their own private quicktopic to screen each other, to ensure fair advising. They will have access to the normal mafia quicktopic.

13) Don't edit posts. One warning before modkill.

14) Don't be lame, and try to be civil. I will give out warnings if conduct gets dubious.

[spoiler=setup details]This is a semi-open setup. All the potential roles and Role PM's are in the next spoiler.

Additional information: There are guaranteed to be at least 4 vanilla roles, whether they be Vanilla Townies or Mafia Goons.

At the start of the game, there are 9 town members and 3 mafia members.

All the Role PM's are fully detailed. There are no additional modifiers on any role.

There are no duplicate roles in the game, with masons and vanilla roles being the only exceptions.

[spoiler=possible Role PM's]

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town Cop. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Scan: USER. You will determine USER's alignment.

You are aligned with the town. You win when all the mafia are dead.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town Doctor. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Protect: USER. USER will be protected that night and cannot be killed.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town 1-shot Vig. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Kill: USER. USER will die that night. You may only use this ability once during the game. If you are roleblocked, it will still count as an action use.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town Tracker. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Track: USER. You will follow USER and find out who they visited that night, if any.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town Watcher. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Watch: USER. You will watch USER and find out who visited them that night, if any.

Dear <USER>,

You are a Town Mason. You may converse in this quicktopic with your mason buddy <USER>, who is also a Mason and as such is confirmed town to you. You lose this communication when one of you die.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town Bodyguard. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Guard: USER. If USER is to be killed that night, you will die in their place.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town Bulletproof. You have a bulletproof vest which allows you to survive one nightkill directed at you during the game.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Town Mayor. At all times, your vote counts for two instead of one. This will not show on votals, and will not affect the required number of votes for hammer. This vote does not stop mafia from achieving victory when their numbers equal towns.

Dear <USER>,

You are a Mafia Goon. You have no abilities besides your word, vote, and factional nightkill.

If no one is currently taking the factional kill, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Nightkill: USER. USER will be killed that night.

You have factional communication with your partners in this quicktopic.

You are aligned with the mafia. You win when the mafia achieves parity with town numbers.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Mafia Godfather. You always scan as town to the Town Cop, regardless of circumstance.

You also have a factional kill. If no one is currently taking the factional kill, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Nightkill: USER. USER will be killed that night.

You are aligned with the mafia. You win when the mafia achieves parity with town numbers.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Mafia Roleblocker. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Roleblock: USER. USER will be prevented from acting that night.

You also have a factional kill. If no one is currently taking the factional kill, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Nightkill: USER. USER will be killed that night.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Mafia Rolecop. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Scan: USER. You will determine USER's role during the night.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Mafia Tracker. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Track: USER. You will follow USER and find out who they visited that night, if any.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Mafia Watcher. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Watch: USER. You will watch USER and find out who visited them that night, if any.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Mafia Lawyer. Each night, you may reply to your Role PM with ##Law: USER. USER will scan as town to the Town Cop that night.

Dear <USER>,

You are the Mafia Bulletproof. You have a bulletproof vest which allows you to survive one nightkill directed at you during the game.

Playerlist:

- Do Not Edit Posts Guy (Mentor: Refa)

- ZeeEmm (Mentor: Sangyul)

- Green Poet (Mentor: Prims)

- Blyvern (Mentor: Euklyd Baldrick)

- Pascal (Mentor: Bluedoom)

- Makaze (Mentor: Shinori)

- Dudeaga (Mentor: eclipse)

- YoungXehanort (Mentor: Eurykins)

- General Ciraxis (Mentor: Kay)

- Vashiane (Mentor: Vhaltz)

- Terrador (Mentor: SB)

- Polydeuces (Mentor: BBM)

IO's:

- Elieson (co-host)

- Darros/Poliwrath

- Kaoz

- bearclaw

Edited by Curly Brace

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can I /in, I wanna lead scum to glory

/mentor pls

oh, and for what it's worth, I'm in the Mountain Time in Canada

if my student uses shrek memes I'm going to drop the Rocky Mountains on them

Edited by Polydeuces

I can mentor for someone if we're doing that.

EDIT: My time zone is PST/MST but not in Daylight Savings.

Edited by Sangyul

DNEPG, you can EP before the game starts.

In to mentor if needed. But from the 19th, my best time will be from 6pm AEST. (from 4am EDT, 8am GMT)

/in to mentor

also I wouldn't object to having non-new players on the actual playerlist for the sake of filling slots and having a decent guide who isn't taking a backseat (think ICs in mafiascum).

I-i guess I'll join

/in

(PST)

I've never played mafia (save like 3 times in person) before so I'll probably be lynched on the first night. :p

Edited by Blyvern

i actually like eury's wallposts. Unfortunately this affects me negatively as i expect everyone to put reasons when they listpost. Although I am hypocrite in that aspect as well.