Mafia - Training Filler - Confirmation Phase

Grace

All of the scum (mentors and mentees) should be able to talk with each other imo, they can still do it regardless using the other players as couriers and playing scum as a newbie is harder than playing town, so they might need more help.

Mentors should get 1-3 posts a day depending on how long it lasts, imo.

Edited by SB.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm pretty sure the last time some kind of training mafia happened i rolled scum (this was my literal first game forever ago), got copped n0 by manix/eclipse because my mentor was paperblade and died instantly

SO YEAH VALUE IN HAVING MENTORS

It's pretty much common sense that mentors shouldn't be posting in thread unless absolutely necessary (and I don't even see when this would be the case), you want mentors to be giving advice to the newer players about the many aspects of the game and not playing the game for them. I think everything should be fine if people don't force themselves upon the trainees just for the sake of the win.

When it comes to scumhunting tips I'd say use general advice without delving into game-specific territory to avoid giving them cases etc. Also avoid having the mentor claim in place of the trainee.

The information of which mentee has who as a mentor will be public, correct?

Also agreed with Vhaltz; I'm really not seeing a situation in which the mentor posting would be needed.

Edited by Euklyd

The information of which mentee has who as a mentor will public, correct?

Also agreed with Vhaltz; I'm really not seeing a situation in which the mentor posting would be needed.

Your missing word really messed up that sentence.

Does public knowledge of mentors help, or hurt play?

Your missing word really messed up that sentence.

Does public knowledge of mentors help, or hurt play?

:<

I'd say it probably won't (or shouldn't) matter, since it's not like the mentor should be telling the mentee what to do, so it's not like you could say

"Oh, Blyvern is playing to Paperblade's scum meta; ##vote: Blyvern"

:<

I'd say it probably won't (or shouldn't) matter, since it's not like the mentor should be telling the mentee what to do, so it's not like you could say

"Oh, Blyvern is playing to Paperblade's scum meta; ##vote: Blyvern"

I hope you are right.

I think the only time a mentor should post in-thread is if their mentee disappears off of the face of the Earth or something.

Oh hey, you stole my thing because I'm lazy. Great, now I can justify my laziness. ^_^ I'll sign up as a mentor if you want.

All of the scum (mentors and mentees) should be able to talk with each other imo, they can still do it regardless using the other players as couriers and playing scum as a newbie is harder than playing town, so they might need more help.

Mentors should get 1-3 posts a day depending on how long it lasts, imo.

1 post/24 hours seems like a good rule of thumb.

(although I agree that the mentor ideally shouldn't post, I haven't done something like this before so fuck if I know)

Oh right, PST here.

Well if mentors are not allowed to post we should make them anonymous since that's a better idea and people won't do stuff that Euk said.

imo if someone actually did that it'd mean that their mentor was WAY too involved

Also, I'd say mentors being able to post occasionally is a good thing. As an example, at least. Just no more than 3 posts per phase or so (with discretion requested regarding things like Eurywalls :P)

Training Mafia

The game where everyone secretly wants to be mentor so bad but don't express it.

I'd actually love to join as a trainee, it would be amazing to have someone to give me advice and to learn from. I wouldn't like to be a mentor.

Not like I qualify as any of those things, anyways.

To those who have played mafia with me: do you think I would benefit from this experience? If not, I'll drop out.

Yes