New member!

Joerai

Hi everyone!

I'm Joerai from the Netherlands, i decided to create an account on here after all, better late than never! I've been a fan of Fire Emblem since FE7 (I was 10 years old back then). Got the game for my 10th birthday because i thought Roy from SSBM was such a cool guy (yeah I know I'm a walking cliché). Despite my confusion when I found out Roy was not actually in the game i loved it and never stopped loving it. I have played FE6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. I haven't played Awakening yet but I definitely plan on doing that in the nearest possible future.I just finished another run through PoR, my personal favorite FE game, and I actually have no idea why I didn't ever register here... I know practically everything about the game mechanics, play the games with a level of OCD that I think my parents should never see, and I replay the games so often it's ridiculous.

Anything else you want to ask me go ahead!

Welcome man!

This place is pretty cool. Also your a fairly rare kind one that has yet played Awakening :P

Yeah I kind of thought I would be, seeing as how popular Awakening is :P I know a thing or two about Awakening but it doesn't really appeal to me as much as earlier Fire Emblem games. I still feel like I have to play it though.

Welcome to the forest!

You might want to check out Dondon's 0% runs if you haven't already.

Holy balls, I'm definitely checking that out. I like a challenge myself but man that's insane!

Well you see there are people who play fire emblem, people who are skilled at fire emblem, people who know almost everything about fire emblem, and then there's Dondon.

He's done FE6 with commentary and is doing FE11 now.

At least you managed to play FE6 eventually, right?

Salutations, Konnichiwa, and however you say "hello" in the Netherlands! Welcome to the forest and enjoy your time here!

Of course! I've played through FE6 3 times, it's amazing (just like every GBA FE). I'm thinking of giving FE5 a go soon, is it worth the time? I don't know all that much about it.

Hello in Dutch is 'hallo', by the way. Nice and simple :P thanks!

Welcome to the Forest, Joerai!

I honestly don't know either what took me so long to register... but hey, that doesn't matter.

Have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Of course! I've played through FE6 3 times, it's amazing (just like every GBA FE). I'm thinking of giving FE5 a go soon, is it worth the time? I don't know all that much about it.

Hello in Dutch is 'hallo', by the way. Nice and simple :P thanks!

Hallo to you, then :)

I have a friend whose from the Netherlands, actually. Perhaps I could learn some from him sometime...

Hello and welcome to Serenes Forest!

I honestly think the only way to fully know everything about a game is playing it again and again. Reason why all of the FE games I played I have played way more than once. Except fot PoR and RD. I didn't get a change to replay them yet.

Hello, welcome to the forest! I don't often meet compatriots here, it's nice to finally see one.

You mention mostly games I have yet to play (I'm getting there... slowly), but it's always nice to see such a dedicated fan joining! If I may ask, are you planning on playing the older games too?

I'm thinking of giving FE5 a go soon, is it worth the time? I don't know all that much about it.

Depends on your tolerance for ridiculous difficulty. It can be fun, and has a lot of interesting mechanics, but you'll probably need a guide for certain parts. If you have one, though, it can be pretty fun.

also it's sort of a sequel to FE4 so play that first

Anyway, welcome!

Edited by maybe

Oof.. allright there we go

FE6 I'm not really sure because I haven't played it in a while. I always liked Sophia and Ray though.

FE7 is probably Jaffar. He's actually really good for a prepromote and I really like his backstory. Starting out as one of the biggest enemies of the group, I was really surprised he actually joined you later on. Really awesome character. Nino is a very close second. The interaction between Nino and Jaffar is just so touching in some way.

FE8: L'arachel, I think she has a pretty funny personality and I like valkyrie units. She also seemed to do really well stat-wise in all of my playthroughs.

FE9 & 10: I don't really know.. I think Ike is the most likeable lord in FE I've ever come across because he's such a down-to-earth guy and NOT a noble :p but other than that I like Soren, Nephenee and Jill a lot too.

FE11: I have no idea, I didn't like that game that much and I don't know any back story of any character.

My overall favorite is Jaffar, FE7 had the best characters in my opinion.

Hello, welcome to the forest! I don't often meet compatriots here, it's nice to finally see one.

You mention mostly games I have yet to play (I'm getting there... slowly), but it's always nice to see such a dedicated fan joining! If I may ask, are you planning on playing the older games too?

Yeah, FE5 and probably FE4 before that (because maybe told me :p) and nice to see a Dutch person indeed ^^

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, really awesome

Edited by Joerai