What's the popular opinion on galeforce in fates?

I put it on Berserker Velouria and it's amazing. Sniper Kamui not quite as amazing but still very useful.

It's not the kind of thing I'd toss on every unit, but it's not that hard to work around its restriction for that same good old free full turn, so I'd still call it one of the best skills in the game.

(generally speaking, units like Berserkers or Sorcerors or whatever that can pretty reliably OHKO get the most benefit from it, it's kind of a small-scale momentum move, so the better a unit is, the better it makes them)

Edited by 47948201

I found it really handy, especially in Conquest; I gave it to Ophelia since she's a powerhouse on her own and Leo as well, although the latter wasn't as impressive, but he got the job done.

If there's one thing I'd like for them to fix, it would be that they'd allow you to stand next to a unit and not team up with them; right now, sometimes you can't use Galeforce because an enemy is surrounded by your own units, and the game forces you into an attack stance, thereby canceling the effect.

If there's one thing I'd like for them to fix, it would be that they'd allow you to stand next to a unit and not team up with them; right now, sometimes you can't use Galeforce because an enemy is surrounded by your own units, and the game forces you into an attack stance, thereby canceling the effect.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

Everyone but Jakob or Felicia learns it way too late for it to break the game in any meaningful way.

Oh. Didn't think of it that way. Compared to fates, in awakening I could somewhat rush it on any mother with pegasus knight class line with a lvl10 promote...

Well that's another reason replicate is so popular I guess (and I still don't use it too much because of an exp leeching problem it created on my conquest-hard playthrough).

Edited by maninbluejumpsuit

With its limitation on being activated only when a character is unsupported...basically only useful for your phys/mag powerhouses that can reliably KO with one or two hits (Brave Weapons/Speed doubled attacks).

It's invaluable in Conquest though, especially in chapter 26; kiting with Galeforce makes that map much, much easier. Hell I beat it on my first try without any casualties, and it was probably just thanks to that ability.

I dunno the hype on replicate either. My main reason for going to get Replicate in my run is because Master Ninja is frankly a shitty class especially compared to Mechanist

Edited by JSND

I dunno the hype on replicate either. My main reason for going to get Replicate in my run is because Master Ninja is frankly a shitty class especially compared to Mechanist

Best Spd tied with Swordmaster

Best Skill tied with Hero

2nd best Res, loses only to Falco; ties with Priestess

Gets S rank in the most obnoxious weapon type, and has B Rank Swords as a little bonus

I like you man but pls.

Edited by Jakkun

Best Spd tied with Swordmaster

Too bad MN has ass hiddens

Best Skill tied with Hero

Lowest Str, tied with kishi knight, at 6 move.

2nd best Res, loses only to Falco; ties with Priestess

Godawful def, also tied with preistess, as a frontline unit.

Gets S rank in the most obnoxious weapon type, and has B Rank Swords as a little bonus

Gets S rank in the weakest weapon and B in the second weakest

I like you man but pls.

Shuriken have great utility but... master ninja's are kinda shit.

Would rather use mechanist in game 10 times out of 10 with a splash for faire, and never ever touch either class in post.

On topic: Galeforce is nerfed a bit but it's still strong as fuck

Edited by joshcja

I dunno man Kaze has been putting in work for me ever since I got the game, and im pretty sure you're speaking from...yet again...postgame exp where WarpZerk > All.

I dunno man Kaze has been putting in work for me ever since I got the game, and im pretty sure you're speaking from...yet again...postgame exp where WarpZerk > All.

Both really. (to be fair WarpSorc is on par with WarpZerk)

Mechanist is just so much better in game, 7 move real str real def, and a high Mt option in bows makes it actually useful.

Edited by joshcja

Mechanist is probably better for Kaze, he wants the Str/Def/move more than some speed, same for Kagero really. Saizo probably prefers the extra speed from Master Ninja- I guess Corrin might prefer Master Ninja since you get Yato access that way.

Both really. (to be fair WarpSorc is on par with WarpZerk)

Mechanist is just so much better in game, 7 move real str real def, and a high Mt option in bows makes it actually useful.

I just fail to see how Ninjas are actually bad tho. Just because you cant ram them into everything like Zerks doesn't mean that they such, and Debuffs are always welcome. The big thing for me is being told that Shuriken are the worst weapon type, how? And yes they have bad Str, but you don't just throw them at Generals anyways. I thought the whole point of them was to double anything that moves and debuff those that live.

Now i'm not knocking Mechanist by any means, but if I can use a Str-gimped Kaze to some success as a Master Ninja I don't see that as a shitty class.

And I know you have a serious bias towards Zerks and Sorcs, but it honestly becomes really hard to talk to you when you give off the impression that most classes that arent those 2 arent worth using. I am not trying to be rude here but it does feel like you tend to shut down differing opinions way too quick.

I just fail to see how Ninjas are actually bad tho. Just because you cant ram them into everything like Zerks doesn't mean that they such, and Debuffs are always welcome. The big thing for me is being told that Shuriken are the worst weapon type, how? And yes they have bad Str, but you don't just throw them at Generals anyways. I thought the whole point of them was to double anything that moves and debuff those that live.

Now i'm not knocking Mechanist by any means, but if I can use a Str-gimped Kaze to some success as a Master Ninja I don't see that as a shitty class.

And I know you have a serious bias towards Zerks and Sorcs, but it honestly becomes really hard to talk to you when you give off the impression that most classes that arent those 2 arent worth using. I am not trying to be rude here but it does feel like you tend to shut down differing opinions way too quick.

Shuriken are great, they're just piss weak.

Edited by joshcja

Yeah, Galeforce is nerfed but it's still usable, especially on high mobility classes and high-power solo units. Maxed out Einherjar units can really make use of it, especially as I tend to make them work on their own a lot since they can't support. Doing Vanguard Trial DLC map on Ch. 18 normal is incredibly trivialized having 2 Einherjar units with Galeforce and having Boots boosts shut the map down in 2 turns.

Shuriken are great, they're just piss weak.

I'd say they aren't weak enough. They give a +2 bonus to Speed with no drawback. Katana's give only +1 to Speed and cost -1 Defense and Resistance. This is on top of the debuffs that they all give.

I'd say they aren't weak enough. They give a +2 bonus to Speed with no drawback. Katana's give only +1 to Speed and cost -1 Defense and Resistance. This is on top of the debuffs that they all give.

forging is also a thing, though I will assume that me and him were talking about just base stats on the weapons only.

Shuriken have great utility but... master ninja's are kinda shit.

Would rather use mechanist in game 10 times out of 10 with a splash for faire, and never ever touch either class in post.

On topic: Galeforce is nerfed a bit but it's still strong as fuck

I didn't know master ninjas were that bad. D: I always liked them. I guess I should get over my shallow dislike of how mechanists look and promote Kaze to a mechanist.

I didn't know master ninjas were that bad. D: I always liked them. I guess I should get over my shallow dislike of how mechanists look and promote Kaze to a mechanist.

Master Ninjas are speedy glass cannons with OP weaponry. Neither Master Ninjas nor Mechanists are bad, they just have different strong points.