Which is preferred as final class: Hoshido Noble or Nohr Noble?

Roflolxp54

In Fire Emblem Fates Revelation, Corrin can promote to either class. I plan on using +Spd/-Lck. Is there a reason to pick Hoshido Noble over Nohr Noble and vice versa? I'm having a hard time deciding on which to pick as my final class once I'm done grinding.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Fire Emblem Fates Revelation, Corrin can promote to either class. I plan on using +Spd/-Lck. Is there a reason to pick Hoshido Noble over Nohr Noble and vice versa? I'm having a hard time deciding on which to pick as my final class once I'm done grinding.

Hoshido Noble is a support attacker since they can use staves/rods. Nohr Noble is all-out since you have access to three weapons, not two. Of course this can be reversed with you weakening enemies not defeating them. I don't know who to choose either.

Hoshido Noble gets Staves and Nohr Noble gets Magic.

In terms of growths/caps, Nohr Noble has better slightly better Magic and Speed and significantly better Resistance, while Hoshido Noble has slightly better Strength, Skill, and Defense.

So really it depends on what you plan to use your Corrin for. If you want to be a Magic attacker, I would definitely go for Nohr Noble. If you are going physical you probably want Hoshido. If you want mixed, you can get away with either, Hoshido Noble does have access to the Levin Sword and Dragonstone for magic attacks.

Hoshido Noble gets Staves and Nohr Noble gets Magic.

In terms of growths/caps, Nohr Noble has better slightly better Magic and Speed and significantly better Resistance, while Hoshido Noble has slightly better Strength, Skill, and Defense.

So really it depends on what you plan to use your Corrin for. If you want to be a Magic attacker, I would definitely go for Nohr Noble. If you are going physical you probably want Hoshido. If you want mixed, you can get away with either, Hoshido Noble does have access to the Levin Sword and Dragonstone for magic attacks.

Nohr Noble also has access to a very good passive skill, can't remember the name but it allows you one to use the supporter's skills or vise-versa.

Nohr Noble also has access to a very good passive skill, can't remember the name but it allows you one to use the supporter's skills or vise-versa.

Yeah, Nohrian Trust, which can make proc skill bots a thing for Corrin and Kana.

But still, both classes got things going for them (skills aren't going to be a concern as I already intend to have Corrin go through both classes for skills at the very least). I might lean towards Nohr Noble for the mixed offenses though I like Hoshido Noble in terms of aesthetics and because the stats tend to lean a bit towards those of classic lords, only with a bit of physical bulk.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Yeah, Nohrian Trust, which can make proc skill bots a thing for Corrin and Kana.

But still, both classes got things going for them (skills aren't going to be a concern as I already intend to have Corrin go through both classes for skills at the very least). I might lean towards Nohr Noble for the mixed offenses though I like Hoshido Noble in terms of aesthetics and because the stats tend to lean a bit towards those of classic lords, only with a bit of physical bulk.

Hoshido Noble is a good starting class for Corrin if you want to start ranking up your Staff/Rod level. Then again you can also unintentionally beat the game as Nohr Noble and not know it until endgame.

Indeed, I didn't mention that because OP is playing Revelations and said they were grinding, so you can just get the skills from both classes I think.

Indeed, I didn't mention that because OP is playing Revelations and said they were grinding, so you can just get the skills from both classes I think.

Wish that there was just...

Valla Noble which had access to all of Hoshido and Nohr Nobles weapons and skills. No need to bother choosing between the two classes.

I actually haven't started yet but making plans on it. But yes, you don't need to buy skills since Nohr Prince/Princess has a branching promotion in Revelation.

Emblem Blade, on 11 Mar 2016 - 2:11 PM, said:

Wish that there was just...

Valla Noble which had access to all of Hoshido and Nohr Nobles weapons and skills. No need to bother choosing between the two classes.

That would be awesome yet OP with weapon access and utility going on, especially with Corrin's already obscene skillpool (after grinding for supports, that is).

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's another thing going on for Nohr Noble -- it heavily resembles the original design for Nohrian Prince/Princess class.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Nohr Noble is for if you want a purely attack-based unit, Hoshido Noble is for a healing attacker.

I went with Hoshido Noble because I needed a healer.

I actually haven't started yet but making plans on it. But yes, you don't need to buy skills since Nohr Prince/Princess has a branching promotion in Revelation.

That would be awesome yet OP with weapon access and utility going on, especially with Corrin's already obscene skillpool (after grinding for supports, that is).

EDIT: Oh yeah, there's another thing going on for Nohr Noble -- it heavily resembles the original design for Nohrian Prince/Princess class.

That's the nice part for Revelation for Corrin, the promoted branch for which Noble.

More broken, not OP. I would think that such a class would have slightly lower stats to compensate for the huge weapon variety the class offers.

Looks way too close to the original, makes me wonder why the 'scrapped' the idea.

I prefer Nohr Noble. I like the extra Spd and being able to use tomes to attack Res for those really bulky enemies is a great boon. IMO. Though, Hoshido Noble can be useful, since staves can be good in this game since status staves are back (It is especially useful in PvP).

I feel like Corrin's offensive potential is far greater than their support potential, so I prefer using Dark Blood, but with the Hoshido skill. Gotta cheese forth those Lethalities.

Lethality is kind of sketchy, I wouldn't really use a Skill%/4 on Corrin unless you give them a +Skill boon and place them in a class with a ridiculously high skill stat because:

*Lethality still uses the Hit Rate, you can possibly miss the target unlike before Awakening where Lethality only activated if the the skill was guaranteed to hit the enemy.

*Enemies can Dual Guard (if the gauge is full) the hit if it triggers.

*Again the percent of activation despite highest priority is still Skill%/4 which isn't that great.

*Hit an enemy with Miracle (or without if you don't KO them) and Counter/Magic Counter and if said target survives, watch your HP drop fast.

*Mostly useful for PvP and before endgame. Endgame bosses have either Divine Shield or Dragonskin which makes Lethality's become useless (it would be great if it weren't for those two skills).

Lethality is kind of sketchy, I wouldn't really use a Skill%/4 on Corrin unless you give them a +Skill boon and place them in a class with a ridiculously high skill stat because:

*Lethality still uses the Hit Rate, you can possibly miss the target unlike before Awakening where Lethality only activated if the the skill was guaranteed to hit the enemy.

*Enemies can Dual Guard (if the gauge is full) the hit if it triggers.

*Again the percent of activation despite highest priority is still Skill%/4 which isn't that great.

*Hit an enemy with Miracle (or without if you don't KO them) and Counter/Magic Counter and if said target survives, watch your HP drop fast.

*Mostly useful for PvP and before endgame. Endgame bosses have either Divine Shield or Dragonskin which makes Lethality's become useless (it would be great if it weren't for those two skills).

Oh I don't, I just see a lot of people using it in My Castle. I remember playing against a Dread Fighter with Nohr, Hoshido, Vantage and I believe two Breakers, paired up with someone with several offensive skills, among of them Lethality. That was tough.

Oh I don't, I just see a lot of people using it in My Castle. I remember playing against a Dread Fighter with Nohr, Hoshido, Vantage and I believe two Breakers, paired up with someone with several offensive skills, among of them Lethality. That was tough.

I rarely see anyone with Lethality in My Castle, well those that are being used in Streetpass Battles that is. Could be worse, having someone paired up with Magic Counter while the main attacker has Counter, Vantage, Sol and Nohrian Trust, they just suicide run into you. I just see that having the two classes being separate is kind of strange unless one makes their Kana (or other child) the opposite class as them.

I personally feel that hoshido noble is better. I love tomes to death, but since swords and magic fall under the same piece of the weapon triangle, gaining tomes wouldn't add much to your utility other than ranged attacks. Healing is a great skill to have anyways.

But what do I know? I reclassed to the hoshidan sage thingy! :P

Edited by PeaceRibbon

You have plenty of competent healers and physical units so a magic attacker is a good role to fill. As a Nohr Noble, my inventory was:

Yato

Mjolnir

Lightning

Moonlight

Dragonstone+

It was helpful for almost any situation. If you want a physical Kamui, Hoshidan Noble is a good choice.

I don't think one is better. It depends on what you want out of Corrin, and what your stats are like. Even if you want a physical attacker, if you think you could do with a bit more Spd then Nohr Noble is a good choice. But if you've got like 22 Spd before promoting and you're slightly lacking in bulk, Hoshido Noble would be a better choice.

Anyone think of giving the Avatar the Lodestar class over either noble?

I'm personally siding with Nohr Noble so far. I went Str+/Mag- and also should have enough healers. I can always give Kana Hoshido Noble, correct? Or will she not get an option?

Anyone think of giving the Avatar the Lodestar class over either noble?

I'm personally siding with Nohr Noble so far. I went Str+/Mag- and also should have enough healers. I can always give Kana Hoshido Noble, correct? Or will she not get an option?

Personally, I'm waiting for more DLC...

I want my Vanguard and Grandmaster Corrin.....

I personally prefer Hoshido Noble on FCorrin and my own Corrin when I'm not using Dread Fighter. Design wise and because I actually enjoy healing. That and I barely use magic, so it didn't hurt me.

I make my MCorrins Nohr Nobles... because...