I can't enjoy Awakening anymore (dramatization)

Flying Butt

I have 500 hours logged in for Sacred Stones and I still love it.

I recently played Binding Blade 3 times in a row in the space of a just 2-3 weeks with the exact same team and the exact same routes and I still love it and I'd play 3 times again.

Yeah, no. Time logged isn't the main factor.

I have 300 hours logged in on Awakening and I detest it. Though I honeslty have no idea where that time came from since I only have two complete playthroughs and they don't add up to a 100 hours together. Most likely left the game idle for hours or something.

Restarting the game when someone dies adds some extra time I guess.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have 500 hours logged in for Sacred Stones and I still love it.

I recently played Binding Blade 3 times in a row in the space of a just 2-3 weeks with the exact same team and the exact same routes and I still love it and I'd play 3 times again.

Yeah, no. Time logged isn't the main factor.

I have 300 hours logged in on Awakening and I detest it. Though I honeslty have no idea where that time came from since I only have two complete playthroughs and they don't add up to a 100 hours together. Most likely left the game idle for hours or something.

normal people don't do any of the things you posted here. you're a fringe case, dude.

the sacred stones thing could be fine, ok. maybe there's a game you just love to bits that you'll ignore all of its flaws. for me, that's master of magic. for you, apparently that's sacred stones. but singleplayer games are not designed for that kind of longevity - five hundred hours is, in a word, fucking absurd for a game like that. even so, that's the kind of time commitment that most only invest into something with any sort of emergent gameplay - usually in the form of at LEAST enjoyable multiplayer of some variety.

"playing one game the exact same way three times in a row" is another thing that people don't, generally, do. i love my fire emblems to bits and i couldn't do a back-to-back-to-back play of any of them, not even awakening. they don't hold up.

i want to requote a thing for extra emphasis

I have 300 hours logged in on Awakening and I detest it. Though I honeslty have no idea where that time came from since I only have two complete playthroughs and they don't add up to a 100 hours together.

anybody who spends what can even be rounded to a hundred hours on a game considers it a good investment, because if they hate the game as much as you do they stopped playing it before beating it twice totaling probably something over fifty hours of their lives.

so i close with a restatement: ranger jack walker, these things you said cannot be generalized. this statement

this probably has a lot to do with why you don't enjoy awakening anymore; you played a single player game for three hundred hours

is generally a true statement. it may not apply to you, but most people (i'm even confident throwing my weight into "majority" here) find less things to do in skyrim after they've 100%ed the game and i'd guarantee "time sunk" is a primary factor into burning out of games, especially time sunk density.

unfair difficulty?

in what way is awakening unfair outside of lunatic+

or are you joking? I feel kinda dense today :u

also everyone uses strikethrough text for different reasons and that can be confusing to me ALSO I DON'T WANT TO SOUND CONFRONTATIONAL I'm just curious

Edited by Esme

this probably has a lot to do with why you don't enjoy awakening anymore; you played a single player game for three hundred hours

Came here to say this. 300 hours of anything that's not either (a) getting regular updates or (b) is insanely customizable by default is gonna get stale fast. Or slowly, rather.

Nowadays I get easily bored and don't spend much time playing a game anymore. I guess it's the age. Or, maybe, the amount of playtime current games have. I used to enjoy games which you could finish in two hours at most if you mastered it. Those are the games I grew with. Today, especially RPG games take far too long to complete, so it's difficult to play them through more than once.

Let me see... It's not a bad thing to dislike the first game in a series you played, since it's a matter of opinion, because later games may not have features which worked well in earlier games. For example, in Pokémon, the 1st gen had the easiest way of obtaining evolutionary stones, and while I love GSC, I hated that you could only get ONE of each in GS (not Crystal). And I don't like the EV system they introduced in 3rd gen. But, do I want to go back to 1st gen (first I've played)? No, because Pokémon introduced so many improvements in the later games that the old ones became obsolete. It's a good thing they remake the old games from time to time, because it's interesting to see how they play with updated mechanics.

It's a matter of taste, really. There are people like you, and there are veterans of the series who judge Awakening as the best. There are as many opinions as there are people. Heck, I've even met a guy who claims Silent Hill: Homecoming, a game that's hated among the Silent Hill fanbase, is the best in that series!

Yeah, some people still have some sense, thankfully enough.

Dude, I know you're not anywhere near as bad as Westbrick and his anti-Awakening crusades... but the implications of that statement man.

I know you have your huge dislike of Awakening, but suggesting that people who like Awakening for what it is has a lack of sense is a little leaning on being a hipster, yes?

Awakening has MAJOR flaws. Yes, we accept that.

But it is NOT as bad as people make it out to be.

This is the major English FE forum. So yes you have more experiences with the older FEs.

Yes, you have more avenues to compare and more perspectives to draw from.

But I really think reading Interceptor defend Awakening in other threads, just made your obvious, understandable, and controlled hatred/dislike of the game made it more intense and more vocal.

I still love it to death and think it's a great game. And I think I have sense accepting the fact that I am biased for it.

Dude, I know you're not anywhere near as bad as Westbrick and his anti-Awakening crusades... but the implications of that statement man.

I know you have your huge dislike of Awakening, but suggesting that people who like Awakening for what it is has a lack of sense is a little leaning on being a hipster, yes?

Awakening has MAJOR flaws. Yes, we accept that.

But it is NOT as bad as people make it out to be.

This is the major English FE forum. So yes you have more experiences with the older FEs.

Yes, you have more avenues to compare and more perspectives to draw from.

But I really think reading Interceptor defend Awakening in other threads, just made your obvious, understandable, and controlled hatred/dislike of the game made it more intense and more vocal.

I still love it to death and think it's a great game. And I think I have sense accepting the fact that I am biased for it.

I'm exaggerating dude.

Lol, I thought this post was dead. By the way, tomorrow I will buy Radiant Dawn for 20€ (25$?).

And about Awakening...I think I will let it be for now. Maybe next year I will play it again and come back here like "OMG AWAKENING BEST FE EVAH!!1!".

Again, thanks for the answers and thanks for not thinking that I was trolling (because I wasn't ._.)

If the New 3DS gets an exclusive Fire Emblem I will burn the world (and then I'll buy the new 3DS and play the game anyway).

Edited by Boku