I can't enjoy Awakening anymore (dramatization)

Flying Butt

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem like most of the people here dispise amAwakening like they say... It's just that there are a lot of people here who like to stress the fact that it's not the end all and be all of FE way too much. ...Or at least that's the impression I get.

Also I have 250 hours in right now, but playing lunatic+ (with no grind or guides) is depressing, so I've been avoiding it for a couple months...

Edited by Comet

your favorite fire emblem is gaiden

checkmate

No light magic: There is Arrow/Aura, and Light magic was invented in Holy War.

No balance: For the villagers and mercenaries only in Gaiden. They can max all their stats but who will have so much time to waste? And Awakening? Second Seal Shop Spam.

Infinite grinding: ^

Unfair difficulty: There is finite grinding in Gaiden, there is no such thing as a "Second Seal" back then. :dry: (It is impossible for everyone to get maxed stats in everything. Awakening is a different story. For Gaiden you need to grind for a while, but for Awakening you need to grind a lot. The people there in Nintendo are thinking that you will grind to max stats and therefore ramp the difficulty up one's *word removed by Pingurules*. The only strategy is to spam Frederick and Krum pair up and give Virion's Elixir to Fred. Lure the enemies and make them attack. The end! :D: )

So, uh, checkmate overruled? :3:

TBH I just assume that Jack Walker is always 100% serious whenever he says anything regarding his feelings towards Awakening; suddenly everything becomes kinda funny.

I also think that it's a good game but people like us who strive to push the game as hard as we do [critics of the series] are the harshest on it.

I'm kinda trying to keep quiet in this thread to prevent flaming

But yeah I don't think I ever heard of anyone playing 8 for that long

I almost want some sort of re imagining of it

Where it would be much longer

And explain why Magvel looks like Austrailia

No light magic: There is Arrow/Aura, and Light magic was invented in Holy War.

No balance: For the villagers and mercenaries only in Gaiden. They can max all their stats but who will have so much time to waste? And Awakening? Second Seal Shop Spam.

Infinite grinding: ^

Unfair difficulty: There is finite grinding in Gaiden, there is no such thing as a "Second Seal" back then. :dry: (It is impossible for everyone to get maxed stats in everything. Awakening is a different story. For Gaiden you need to grind for a while, but for Awakening you need to grind a lot. The people there in Nintendo are thinking that you will grind to max stats and therefore ramp the difficulty up one's *word removed by Pingurules*. The only strategy is to spam Frederick and Krum pair up and give Virion's Elixir to Fred. Lure the enemies and make them attack. The end! :D: )

So, uh, checkmate overruled? :3:

so uh

you can use that same logic to say "the book of naga is in fe13 therefore fe13 has light magic" but i think that's a silly point to hold against fe13 and to belabor in any point but

"infinite" grinding is pedantic as shit: you can grind your units in fe2 to the point where they pretty much trivialize the game, and you do have the option to infinitely grind certain (non-trivial, even; luka owns) units. it doesn't matter if it's pointlessly tedious.

EDIT: relatedly, people shit on fe8 because it has "infinite" grinding even though your units cap out at 20/20. you don't have to be able to go round and round and round to cap every single stat to crap all over everything in a given fire emblem game.

and if you claim fe2 has any sort of balance (internal or otherwise) then either we played different fe2s or i am really misremembering?

note that i don't consider any of these things to be bad at all, i'm just saying they're all present to varying degrees in gaiden.

Edited by Integrity

so uh

you can use that same logic to say "the book of naga is in fe13 therefore fe13 has light magic" but i think that's a silly point to hold against fe13 and to belabor in any point but

"infinite" grinding is pedantic as shit: you can grind your units in fe2 to the point where they pretty much trivialize the game, and you do have the option to infinitely grind certain (non-trivial, even; luka owns) units. it doesn't matter if it's pointlessly tedious.

EDIT: relatedly, people shit on fe8 because it has "infinite" grinding even though your units cap out at 20/20. you don't have to be able to go round and round and round to cap every single stat to crap all over everything in a given fire emblem game.

and if you claim fe2 has any sort of balance (internal or otherwise) then either we played different fe2s or i am really misremembering?

note that i don't consider any of these things to be bad at all, i'm just saying they're all present to varying degrees in gaiden.

I can say that FE13 has light magic, but it's DLC.

"Infinite grinding": It became extremely easy in Awakening so broken fest :sob:

Balance: Yeah, we played different FE2s if you say it that way XD The weapons do have balance. Krum's True Falchion has 15 Mt, 80% hit and 10% crit with effectivity against dragons and wyverns and also has infinite uses. On the other hand Alm's Metal Falchion has 10 Mt, 80% hit and 0% crit. And 5 HP regen. It also has infinite uses but weapons don't break in that game anyway.

nah fe2 is pretty broken as shit, but I still love it. It depends. Later chapters and bosses can be pains in the ass if you don't grind. But if you do with the angel ring the game just gets lolstomped.

I'd say FE13 is more broken, but that's just me. Then again, that's just things I've seen, since I've never actually got motivated to finish the game even once. rip

Edited by Tryhard

TBH I just assume that Jack Walker is always 100% serious whenever he says anything regarding his feelings towards Awakening; suddenly everything becomes kinda funny.

I also think that it's a good game but people like us who strive to push the game as hard as we do [critics of the series] are the harshest on it.

I'm generally serious whenever I'm talking about my own dislike for Awakening but in that post, I was stating that acting who likes Awakening had something wrong with them. I was joking then. I won't stop anyone else from enjoying the game but my personal dislike for it is always serious.

I'm kinda trying to keep quiet in this thread to prevent flaming

But yeah I don't think I ever heard of anyone playing 8 for that long

I almost want some sort of re imagining of it

Where it would be much longer

And explain why Magvel looks like Austrailia

Keep in mind that I'm talking about the 3DS version where I can track the total time played ever. I'm not talking about a single save file or anything.

Edited by Ranger Jack Walker

Balance: Yeah, we played different FE2s if you say it that way XD The weapons do have balance. Krum's True Falchion has 15 Mt, 80% hit and 10% crit with effectivity against dragons and wyverns and also has infinite uses. On the other hand Alm's Metal Falchion has 10 Mt, 80% hit and 0% crit. And 5 HP regen. It also has infinite uses but weapons don't break in that game anyway.

that's one weapon

EDIT: not only is it one weapon, it's an extremely disingenuous comparison because the stat levels in fe13 vice fe2 are entirely incomparable. it's like saying boyd is wildly overpowered in fe10 compared to fe9 because he can get to a whole fifty* strength holy shit where he capped in the 30s in fe9.

* i don't remember what his str cap is in fe10

what about the character balance, like why clive (is that his name?) sucks hugely

or how the angel ring shits all over every other item in the game

"Infinite grinding": It became extremely easy in Awakening so broken fest :sob:

i would call that a plus to awakening, not locking infinite grinding to certain characters and making it a huge pain in the ass. i fail to see how "more obtuse" = "better" pretty much ever. :P

re: light magic, i honestly don't recall if the book of naga is a dlc item. i'm almost positive it's a barracks/event tile item packaged with the base game, but i could be wrong on that.

Edited by Integrity

re: light magic, i honestly don't recall if the book of naga is a dlc item. i'm almost positive it's a barracks/event tile item packaged with the base game, but i could be wrong on that.

The item data IS there in the game itself. However, it is only unlockable/obtainable via Spotpass release (just like the paralogues).

It is not in the game itself and would only be able to be seen via streetpass teams that have it if you didn't have internet to get the spotpass/DLC.

More can be obtained via Infinite Regalia DLC.

that's one weaponEDIT: not only is it one weapon, it's an extremely disingenuous comparison because the stat levels in fe13 vice fe2 are entirely incomparable. it's like saying boyd is wildly overpowered in fe10 compared to fe9 because he can get to a whole fifty* strength holy shit where he capped in the 30s in fe9.* i don't remember what his str cap is in fe10what about the character balance, like why clive (is that his name?) sucks hugelyor how the angel ring shits all over every other item in the game i would call that a plus to awakening, not locking infinite grinding to certain characters and making it a huge pain in the ass. i fail to see how "more obtuse" = "better" pretty much ever. :Pre: light magic, i honestly don't recall if the book of naga is a dlc item. i'm almost positive it's a barracks/event tile item packaged with the base game, but i could be wrong on that.

If memory serves the reaver str cap is forty

I think only Cain reaches fifty

I could be wrong on that though

Edited by Livin La Vida Loca

EDIT: wait isn't spotpass the free dlc?

Yes.

I was differentiating between spotpass (free dlc) and paid dlc which you utilized at the Outrealm (?) Gate.

Frick I'm not even sure if I remember if that's the word they use in the English version for that DLC gate.

or how the angel ring shits all over every other item in the game

I wouldn't necessarily say that - all the rings that ain't the holy ring are OP as fuck.

and as someone who got the star lance, that too

I wouldn't necessarily say that - all the rings that ain't the holy ring are OP as fuck.

and as someone who got the star lance, that too

jesus christ i forgot about the other rings, just looked them up