Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Name Chart for FE13, I think its needs a couple of names that are missing like: Robin (the FE13 Avatar's name), Soothing Sword, Glass Sword (which its the same), Beast Killer (which its the same), Cherche, Valm (or Valmese), Eliwood's Blade, Grendel/Garrick, Alm's Blade, Alm (since its seen from Alm's Blade from the Second Nintendo Direct Trailer), Pair Up, Falchion, and Chapter 8's name "The Grimleal" to be in the list also.

And by the way, I just checked about that final boss's name:

Where did they named Gimle as "Gimurei" (In the NOJ's section) at?

EDIT from Jan. 7th: And also, in the News Section on 2013 still haven't been updated yet for Sully's info from Nintendo's official facebook page.

Edited by King Marth 64

Some of the Japanese names are labelled TBA. Any chance you're updating them?

Chrom's Vigilantes are called クロム自警団 (~jikeidan). The corpse soldiers are pronounced "shikabanehei", as Frederick pointed out (the first time the term appeared, its katakana form was shown in brackets) at the beginning of Chapter 2.

EDIT: Go to FE13's background site, go to Chapter 1's story. The second red link contains some description about the corpse soldiers. You can find their "unofficial" name made by Frederick (shikabanehei) and the English word "UNDEAD" - if you want to count this as official.

Edited by nocturnal YL

On the FE13 F.A.Q. page, under Q) Do characters still permanently die in battle?, the answer says "Furthermore, your choice of Classic or Casual mode does restrict your choice of difficulty level. " when it should be "Casual mode does NOT restrict your choice".

Edited by Terper

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/character_npc.html

Not sure if actually an error, but there is a part of Gangrels decription that probably should be spoilered.

[spoiler=see the underlined portion]The king of Perezia. Lazy and cruel, he takes delight in deceiving others. After joining Krom's group, he's started changing his terrible ways. It seems he experienced a harsh past that weighs on his mind. He's more afraid of heights than anyone in the army.

I swear I remember that part being spoiled the last time I looked at the page, but IDK.

Edited by L95

In the Character section that Initial (Ricken, Maribelle, Gregor, Nowi, Tharja, Gaius, and Avatar's class Tactitian), NPC (Aversa), and DLC section (Leif, Alm, Celica, and Seliph) needs to be updated since those are the new localized names that were confirmed.

Edited by King Marth 64

Now that the FE13 forum has cooled down, let me put my findings here regarding the name chart.

エリウッドの剛剣 should be エリウッドの鋼剣 (as in "Eliwood's Steel Sword").

The on'yomi of "槍" is "sou" and should be applicable to some weapon names. "斧"is "fu" and "弓" is "kyuu".

The now-closed FE Dictionary speculated that Titania's Axe is "~sekifu".

The following is pure personal speculation:

With no indication otherwise, it is actually impossible to tell how to pronounce those names, but generally, at least for FE weapons, functional weapon words use kun'yomi and names use on'yomi. This is why we have "hikari no tsurugi" and "fuuin no tsurugi" (the swords are light-infused / used for sealing) but "rekka no ken" (rekka is a name of the weapon to make it sound cool). Multi-kanji words made with adjective+noun generally use on'yomi as well. ミカヤの神炎 is probably "~shin'en", for example.

Since the pronunciation of made-up kanji phrases can be arbitrary ("corpse soldier" uses kun'yomi on the first kanji and on'yomi on the second, for example), there is no way for me to be 100% certain. But "yuuyari" and "kamien" do stick out to me as being unusual.

Maybe others (shadowofchaos comes to mind) can provide more insight to this. I'm actually rather half-baked when it comes to Japanese language.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Thanks!

Yeah, I realise a lot of the names might have uncertain readings and I had a lot of trouble trying to figure out/guess them. I was actually wondering if lance, axe and bow had alternate readings, but totally forgot to check them ^^

No problem!

If you use Windows and have the Japanese IME installed, you can actually summon the IME Pad, use the handwriting function to draw the characters (stroke order matters, so it helps if you have learned to handwrite Japanese), and mouseover the candidate characters for both their kun'yomi and on'yomi.

EDIT: There's also this kanji dictionary if the character you need is already in your computer.

In case you're wondering, I'm Hongkongese and my primary language is Cantonese. Since it's close to the ancient Chinese language that the on'yomi of kanji is also based on, guessing kanji pronunciations tend to be easier for me than for Westerners. (Kun'yomi is another thing; outside of imported words, Japanese is completely foreign to even other Asians.)

Edited by nocturnal YL

Give the guy a break. Vincent has a life more than constantly updating the mainsite every single time there's a Facebook update for FE13.

He's been keeping up so far, but he's bound to miss one sometime.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Ahaha, don't worry too much about it; I'll make the necessary updates when I have time.

Although, I will say the character spotlights are low priority, unless it's a character with a name we haven't seen.

It's the only promoted class with three weapons, and a mounted one at that. I guess they felt the need to give it some penalty in exchange?

In the DLC Conversation List, Swords, Lances, Tomes, Items, Pair Up, (plus the URL also), and DLC List should be updated with the localized names that were confirmed.

And plus, the Male CG, Female CG, and DLC CG section needs Walhart's and Cordelia's name to be updately changed.

This is kinda a notice incase that there was a new FE13 trailer (that have the new localized names for the skills) and Cherche's official FB info popped up that happened around in the afternoon today and this site needs couple to be updated (and plus the front page too since I am not sure if alot of people missed it due to the site crash?) since that server for SF.net went down since yesterday and today.

And plus, I did obtained the Glass Lance from the Demo and the name was still the same that it might need to be added to the FE13 name chart also.

Edited by King Marth 64