Rate the Unit, Day 18: Sue

Dat Rules

- Ratings are assumed to be on Hard Mode.

- Votes need some explanation regarding their gameplay performance to be counted. If somebody else said what you want to already, quote them explicitly.

+/- ≤1 point extra regarding personality/appearance is encouraged, but no more. If you exercise your bias privileges, please do so explicitly.

- Numerical votes out of 10, or something proportional to it. Make it easy to calculate for my sake.

- Every ranking phase ends whenever I get out of bed, between 0700 and 0800 EST. Do the math for your timezone, Brits.

- I will insist you do not use the "Not X" reason on any character, where X is another unit. If you do, your vote will be thrown out.

- Ratings for characters should always assume the gameplay route YOU judge them best on. If I see "doesn't exist in sacae" ANYWHERE in your rating for Juno I will be very cross and will probably throw out your vote out of spite.

- I withhold the privilege to tell you your rating is bogus and demand you revise it if it breaks any of the above. I will not throw out votes anonymously, you will be informed and given a chance to revise.

AVERAGES

Bors: 1.14

Wolt: 2.16

Ward: 2.61

Dorothy: 3.17

Merlinus: 3.53

Roy: 3.54

Lot: 5.40

Ellen: 5.73

Lugh: 5.98

Chad: 6.42

Saul: 7.18

Clarine: 7.78

Dieck: 7.94

Thany: 8.01

Alan: 8.52

Lance: 8.59

Marcus: 8.77

Rutger: 9.61

dorothy outscored wolt

:(

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She can be a good nomad when given some decent training. Her strength is a bit lacking but she has great hit and avoid, it will help her out a lot in lategame...

I will give her a 7/10

Makes you go to Sacae This isn't good or bad I'm just making a statement., doesn't understand the concept of 'Strength' But she does get swords and she's a potential Waifu for Roy And Wolt, but nobody else got Waifus

I say 6/10 because she's got a horse but no Canto

[spoiler=Picture]

15acls.jpg

"Why did this seem like a good idea at the time?!"

Overall Sue is... okay? You definitely want some bows in FE6 with all the god damn dragon riders, but Sue will be fighting their defense with her shitty attack. Her affinity is okay but I personally can't remember her supports, so no points.

She's the Nomad Thany, some people like that but I don't.

Edited by Onmi

What the hell IS giving a level 1 unit better or equal bases in every stat than a level 3 unit except HP/Res/Con

I don't get you

And a fucking horse too

While Sue's bases aren't spectacular, they're still better than /some people/'s. On top of that, she has a horse. Horse is great. Being level 1 is also pretty eesh, but you don't even get your first bolt until C11 Echidna and I have no clue when in Bartre nor do I really care because Echidna is all that matters so she has time.

Anyway her con is shit, but her speed is pretty nice after n levels so that /sorta/ makes up for it. She's not that bad for an accurate chipper, at any rate, and she can get uses in C7 shooting some dracoknights down at the very least, but probably a longer use-span in efficient play thanks to having a horse.

Her str is shit so that's a problem but hey

effective damage

go shoot some flying things

I also consider going to Sacae a net plus because Ilia terrain can go suck a dick when not warpskipping

Also gets you Shin who's a badass. <----was not factored into rating, but just putting it out there

5.5/10---

+1 bias because she orders Shin to stay back and she'll take over fighting. That takes badass.

6.5/10

Edited by Luminescent Blade

She has never disappointed me. she's fast enough to evade anything.

though the bad thing is, she's a bow (and later sword) user, about the worst weapons for reliable range.

4/10

She didn't disappoint me when I used her. And looking at her bases, they are great. While her Str growth is not up there, she makes it up in skill and speed, and luck if that counts. Is especially useful against flyers, and can double nearly everything with that speed. Don't forget the horse, and the swords on promotion. A little bit of babying can go a long way with Sue.

60%.

She didn't disappoint me when I used her. And looking at her bases, they are great. While her Str growth is not up there, she makes it up in skill and speed, and luck if that counts. Is especially useful against flyers, and can double nearly everything with that speed. Don't forget the horse, and the swords on promotion. A little bit of babying can go a long way with Sue.

60%.

Did you seriously give Sue the same rating as Lance?

I don't much care for Sue. She is a growth unit on a horse, who requires a hefty amount of help just to be an exceedingly average bowusing myrmidon. Except Rutger is the myrm, and he has Str and Con and HP, where Sue really doesn't.

She comes naked in her joining chapter, so aside from rescuing Chad to get him doing thief stuff faster, she isn't doing much.

In LTC, she struggles. In casual, well, she essential trumps the first 2 foot units with her horse. But then again...she its weak, and bow locked unti Ch.11 min.

But gets Shin.

She's not bad. A horse can make a lot of things forgivable, even being stuck with bows. GBA horses aren't exactly the greatest, but the movement helps for positioning. Her bases are better than they could be and she grows okay, but using her can force you to Sacae which can be nasty if you're unprepared (so if you use her don't be unprepared; Sacae's more fun anyway). Otherwise, she's basically another archer.

6/10

Edited by Renall

7.5/10

Seriously one of the most underrated characters in the gam. A horse? Great Speed? Good Accuracy? Whatever you want shes got it! except strength

Edited by Mage Lord

Well; she is a bow unit on a pony; right?

She's dodgy and can hit stuff; and is helpful against those annoying Wyverns.

Sure, her damage output can be weak in the long run; but DAT CRIT with a Killer Bow!

Edited by Frostbite

Did you seriously give Sue the same rating as Lance?

If Sue wasn't locked to bows for at least 9 level-ups, she would be scoring much higher on my books. Lance does not impress me much, while Sue does.

Yeah because a 10/1 Sue is so powerful with those Iron Swords! She has a whole 15ATK!

While I understand this, for me it's less about the attack power and more about being able to survive. Nothing hits her unless it's a Myrmidon/SM/other bow user. Good skill = good Crit = good Killer Bow user, too.

My 60% isn't based solely on Sue. I factored in other things like being able to recruit Shin.

I dunno man if Rutger can get hit by axe users in the isles avo isn't all that reliable unless you get it to <10%

While one isn't gonna be hit often by 25% hitrates, it happens and over the course of n enemies it's statistically probable that you'll get hit by at least a few anyway

and Sue's kinda squishy so I wouldn't bet on her avoid for most of the game as she can't really take more than 1 hit

Even if you consider supports her affinity can only give her half avo at best

I like the girl and all, but I wouldn't say she's better defensively than Lance just on the defense argument alone. It's not like Lance can't dodge either he'd likely have a pretty big level lead on her and his speed is pretty fucking good too as far as cavs go and actually being able to take more than a hit and not die

Edited by Luminescent Blade

I'm nearly done with Sword of Seals (First playthrough), so I suppose I can have some sort of input on my opinion about her now that I've seen a lot of units in action.

55% HP growth isn't that bad, though it could be better. It's just decent. Same goes for strength. If the RNG is good to her, her strength shouldn't even matter with all that skill (Which is one of the most essential stats in this game in particular) and speed especially. Really dodgy as well. But as a result, she's fragile as paper. 10% Defense and 15% Resistance growths are the toughest to grow out of (Unless you were blessed like I was)...and dear god...I don't want to imagine how much damage she'll take from horse-killing weapons. Most likely instant death if they can take out several other mounts in 1-2 whacks. But she can benefit from a Dracoshield, being one of the main candidates who desperately need them.

While I'm not too big on mounts, being a casual player, it's a large boon for her. It's helps out several times and gives Sue a better chance at actually staying good and constantly gaining levels to hopefully improve some of her weak areas before you get your first bolt. I also don't really care about the bow-lock (And swords upon promotion) as penalties to hurt her usefulness, as there is always a way around something if you use it more strategically.

Sue gets a 6.5 for me, but I'll up it to 7.5/10 for personal bias.

Dokus Wife/10.

Ok, shes mounted, comes with acceptable bases and this game is kinder to bows.

has high aid. Strength may lag, but get her to 10/1 and a few killer bows and she should do decently.

Because of mount and being Doku/Shins wife, I give her a nice juicy.

5/10.

Edited by The Insane One

If loads of wyverns make archers/snipers more useful than it certainly helps nomads. Sue struggles in strength but she starts one rank away from Killers and once she hits A Silvers help her out too. She's weighed down by everything except Iron/Short Bows prepromotion but before long she'll have enough speed to offset that. She's definitely not as good as Shin but she's usable in her own right.

+1 for bias so 6/10

5.5/10. I like her to some extent, but strength can lag, and unimpressive bases don't help her get out of her rut any quicker.

Edited by Metal King Slime

While I understand this, for me it's less about the attack power and more about being able to survive. Nothing hits her unless it's a Myrmidon/SM/other bow user. Good skill = good Crit = good Killer Bow user, too.

Yet a 10/1 Lance is even more survivable since he also has an avoid-boosting support to back him up. And also having more HP and DEF and complete WTA. Sue also has only 1 more skill than Lance, which doesn't translate into any more crit.

My 60% isn't based solely on Sue. I factored in other things like being able to recruit Shin.

Then why didn't you give Clarine credit for recruiting Rutger/Klein? If characters can take credit for everything the units they recruit can do, then surely Clarine would be a 10/10?

I really hope Integrity throws out your vote for such terrible logic.

55% HP growth isn't that bad, though it could be better. It's just decent. Same goes for strength. If the RNG is good to her, her strength shouldn't even matter with all that skill (Which is one of the most essential stats in this game in particular) and speed especially. Really dodgy as well. But as a result, she's fragile as paper. 10% Defense and 15% Resistance growths are the toughest to grow out of (Unless you were blessed like I was)...and dear god...I don't want to imagine how much damage she'll take from horse-killing weapons. Most likely instant death if they can take out several other mounts in 1-2 whacks. But she can benefit from a Dracoshield, being one of the main candidates who desperately need them.

I'm fairly certain nomads are not weak to horse effective weapons in FE6- Horseslayers/Halberds are only effective against Cavaliers I think.

Lance at 10/1 only has 16 ATK with an Iron Sword.

(yeah, I know he's got like 5 more chapters than Sue, shuttup).

Lance can wield a Steel Sword without AS loss and will likely have +1ATK or +2ATK from his supports.

how is Dorothy better than Ward

I don't get people

Also giving characters points for recruiting others is stupid as fuck unless you gave Roy like a 7

Without Roy you can't get;

Clarine

Rutger

Sue

Zealot

Treck

Noah

Fir

Shin

Geese

Klein

Tate

Bartre

Cath

Hugh

Dayan

Karel

You also can't beat the game since you need Zealot for 20Ax and Shin for 20Bx. Pretty sure that's better than a 7/10, more like a Seth/10.

Edited by Anouleth