Sylvia

FabledTome

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who can say no to Jeorge <3?

Oh now you brought him up he's pretty foxy

Just didn't play Akaneia enough to have him there on call when I first think of bowdudes, haha

Speaking of which Leo is pretty hot as well

shitty as fuck

but hot

Oh now you brought him up he's pretty foxy

Just didn't play Akaneia enough to have him there on call when I first think of bowdudes, haha

Speaking of which Leo is pretty hot as well

shitty as fuck

but hot

Leonardo is 14 years old you creeper.

Incest isn't recurring since it only shows up in FE4.

Dunno, Kempf pretty clearly hints at OlwenxReinhardt :V

I think it would be cool if another Saga game eventually came out.

Kaga apparently has a blog in which he posts ideas for hacks/remakes of TRS and BS.

Edited by General Banzai

Nah, he's just a mounted sword user. You get two mounted bow users in Chapter 1, though (although both of them are pretty crummy).

Christine is great. She has exclusive access to the Aim + Canto skill combination, which is especially good with certain crossbows. She's not so great with bows, though, which makes it a pain to promote her. Fortunately, promotion isn't necessary.

Locke is really bad at the beginning, but he gets good once he increases his accuracy a bit and can get better bows, neither of which take long.

Christine is great. She has exclusive access to the Aim + Canto skill combination, which is especially good with certain crossbows. She's not so great with bows, though, which makes it a pain to promote her. Fortunately, promotion isn't necessary.

Locke is really bad at the beginning, but he gets good once he increases his accuracy a bit and can get better bows, neither of which take long.

Berwick Saga Tier List, go

Not Tiered Tier

Reese

Lynette

Top Tier

Dion

Arthur

Paramythia

Faramond

Larentia

Dowd

High Tier

Sylvia

Faye

Ward

Kramer

Clifford

Aegina

Thorpe

Upper Mid Tier

Ouro

Elbert

Irena

Stephen

Leon

Burrows

Christine

Owen

Lower Mid Tier

Axel

Sapphire

Aidan

Enide

Alvina

Sherlock

Percival

Low Tier

Ceddy

Ruby

Marcel

Sene

Bottom Tier

Derrick

Edited by Othin

What's the learning curve of this game if you don't recognise any Japanese? I hear it's pretty different from both FE and TRS, always wanted to play it though.

I was really confused when I was first playing it, but there was no good source of information available in English at all at the time. You might be able to pick things up in a few maps by poking around the database I set up, but it still would probably be confusing without a guide or something to explain the basics of what you need to know - I've been meaning to write one of those, but never got around to it.

On the other hand, I could talk you through things in chat, and I'm sure you'd get the hang of it within the first three maps or so. This offer goes for anyone interested in playing TRS or BS.

True, but I feel like Kempf is the kinda bastard who would hint at that even if it wasn't true.

This is also how I understood it, Kempf just being obnoxious and making things up regardless of the truth.

As for the original topic, you guys are all wrong. I'd link to some proof, but I'm not supposed to hotlink...I think. So I'll just summarize by saying that Rumei, Ophelia (?), and arrow shop girl are all much better choices. (Honorable mention to SQUEE, who tops them all.)

Tier stuff.

I hate myself for discussing this, but just some comments on your list:

Paramythis: Huh? I know she's good, but she's available for only 3 maps and her horse doesn't even do her much good in one of them. Eh, I just don't see it.

Sylvis: Definitely high on the list, but top of high? Naw dude, that's silly. I'd be tempted to put Ward there instead, but since he's locked to story maps, I'll pick either Elbert or Sherpa instead. Provoke is broken all game long and there's the whole horse thing, so probably Elbert.

Faye: Is this the same Faye that falls apart like wet paper if something hits her? I'm sure the counter argument involves her high evade, but it's not THAT good. Heck, even Kramer versus an army of Bow Knights is sometimes iffy. That and she has strength issues, but maybe that's just me. You are required to use her if you don't want a hard time at the end, but I don't see that justifying such a high spot.

Clifford: This is probably one of those things where you'd have to split a list between ranked/unranked, because this only really makes sense unranked. He's quite good, but if you're going for rank, he eats an extremely precious deployment slot for no real reason other than to kill stuff. Considering you'll need experience for so many losers (like a certain Spear Knight who will go unnamed), he's hurting you there too. He's still good for babysitting and Provoke spam, but so is Elbert and he needs training anyway. Not sure if it's worth mentioning, but there's also the problem of him literally wasting all experience he gets if you play unranked. (Because if you use Ruby that much in that kind of run, you're clearly insane.)

Aegina: Eh...I don't know. She joins early and has the bonus of being the only halfway capable Mage outside of Enid, but then there's the problem: She isn't Enid. She has practically zero chance of promoting unless you seriously work for it, which also means her accuracy sucks nuggets without a ring. The ring certainly helps and it's not a big deal to give her one, but she'll probably still have a fairly bleh hit rate without using her skill. That and her damage output isn't exactly awesome without that skill. Now that I think about it, she's sort of like Maruju 2.0 in that she's just there to do a little magic damage and heavily relies on her (quickly consumed) personal tome to do any real damage. She's meh in every other way.

Thorpe: Who? I'm guessing that's Sherpa, who definitely belongs high up. If people actually played this game, I'd bet Kramer versus Sherpa would be a fairly interesting debate to watch. Kramer's better combat versus Sherpa's pre-promote status, guard utility, and ridiculous gate crashing power, you see. Oddly enough, I could almost see Sherpa winning that. (Brimranger is too good sometimes while Balmunk just sucks. :P)

Waro: The dude who costs you tons of money (or incredible effort) to recruit is above Elbert? Can't agree with that one. Waro's good, but he loses steam later on. Deathmatch is definitely a strong point for him, but all that gold...

"Stephen": ? Istobal? I hope not, because I'd suspect you of trolling. :P

Barrows: Needs to be listed twice for trick/non-trick versions. The latter makes sense to be quite low, but if you list Paramythis so high with her terrible availability, trick Barrows probably needs to be higher up. For 14 alone, since his 15 performance is a lot weaker if you're not taking it slow.

Enid: Needs a ranked/unranked version, since she's required for ranked runs and just so happens to be really freaking good. The only argument against her that I can see is whether you give the Magic Potion to her or Aegina, but that seems like a no-brainer. Removing a lot of the luck involved in promoting Enid is a huge plus, and so is that ridiculous personal tome she has. (The babysitting argument isn't a good one, by the way. 120% experience gain compared to everybody else and you'll be capturing lots of enemies in a ranked run anyway, which negates her hit rate problems.)

Sene: I strongly disagree with this placement. She's much better than Sety (Tico!) and is definitely the best choice for wounding enemies for capture. And since capturing is really useful in this game, putting her this low makes no sense. I know Sedy can also use the Bolt Knife pretty well, but he can't move as far, lacks re-move (!), and even costs you some money. It also doesn't help that you never need to deploy him for recruitment, so he can't even use happiness as an excuse to do something.

The only real point I can see against Sene is the fact that Arthur exists, but he has obvious issues wounding people.

Percival: Surely you aren't serious. This guy has no redeeming qualities. He can't hit anything, his tomes are rare and expensive, his wound rate isn't very good, and he's hard to promote (and it's not even required). The best part? Lynette utterly stomps him in every way and she's only usable at the end. Heck, his best/starting tome isn't even personal. It's like the developers purposely put him in there so you could look at him and say "wow, what a worthless character." Like Derrick, only slightly less awful.

He even manages to waste an amazing skill like Arrow Evade, because he combines bleh evade with squishy mage problems. To really use it much, you'd literally be throwing him at archers and hoping that skill saves his life...in which case, what the heck are you thinking?

(Can you tell I hate this guy?)

What's the learning curve of this game if you don't recognise any Japanese? I hear it's pretty different from both FE and TRS, always wanted to play it though.

My first playthrough was with decent knowledge of katakana, but no guides. The former didn't help much and the latter made the early sections extremely confusing. Overall, I'd say the learning curve is fairly high even with guides. The mechanics take quite a while to get used to, because they are overly complicated and not very Fire Emblem-like. But if you can stick with it until around Chapter 4 (with its overused objective type), you'll probably feel comfortable with how things work from then on. Hopefully that makes sense, because I'm basically just trying to say that it's a hard game to get into, but it'll all click after a few maps if you use guides.

I unzipped my archive, the game seems to be running fine on the emulator. I'll try to make as much sense out of the game as I can alone first, as soon as I get the academic burdens off. Thanks for offering help, Othin, from the videos of it I saw on YouTube, the menus are pretty sizeable and there's a lot of text, so I doubt I'll be able to figure everything out on my own (though trial and error might help).

http://www.fireemblemwod.net/ENG_trs.htm That site is also pretty good for explaining menus and actions. You'll remember them after a while though. One thing to watch out for that's annoyed me a couple times when playing quickly: the Heal option is below the Wait option for healing units. So care not to just click x and end your healer's turn before healing.