KoT Patch (Update, 4/27: New Shaman Unit Now In C6! C6 Poll Ends Soon!)

Kngt_Of_Titania

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Features Should Be Implemented in C6?

• A) Make boss a theme, replace more units with shamans!
    • B) Buff up boss and nearby entourage, place spider further back!
    • C) Heavy fog (shorter Fog of War sight distance), give Natasha 15 Use Torch in C5!
    • D) Monster reinforcements!
    • E) Your own idea! (Please post it)

Hey KoT, how's this for Cassandra?

oQDxy.gif

She still needs a bit of work here and there (mostly her outfit) and she doesn't have her frames or her chibi, but it's like 4 AM so no more spriting for me tonight. ~_~

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kon's needs to be edited enough so that looking at her neck doesn't make my eyes water, and then it blows its competition out of the... water.

Kon's needs to be edited enough so that looking at her neck doesn't make my eyes water, and then it blows its competition out of the... water.

CassieAttempt3-6ReadytoShip7.png vs. oQDxy.gif

Yeah, Kon wins. :/

I realize now that trying to use Brammimond's robe was likely a mistake, due to how it makes her look too burly.

Well, this whole thing has made me feel like a worthless piece of shit when it comes to art...lol.

Kon, thanks for the sprite!

While it's by far the most likely to get used at this point, I looked at the details of your sprite to see what errors I had; it was mostly minor things that added up. I hope you don't mind -- it really helped me to nearly finish off the crappy one I was doing. Anyways, a side-by-side:

CassieAttempt3-6ReadytoShip8.png

EDIT: Her left eye is still a little screwed up with the new bangs; it'll get fixed.

EDIT2: Has my sprite improved at all?

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

Look, KoT, you are not going to fix it. Ditch your crappy sprite and go with Kon's one.

I was planned to, anyways. I just hoped to improve it, is all, but it looks like it won't happen.

Oh well.

It's getting "better," but it's like you're trying to fix a dead dog. It's dead, pal. You need to start over without the problems, not trying to put make-up over them. Your sprite just gets a bit more detailed, but it still suffers from the entirely wrong angle of a body and limpy hair D:

Kon's should think about losing the giraffe neck, as well as the trauma her neck was subjected to in order to wrench her head to such an uncomfortable angle ._.

unless...??

Edited by Celice

Well darn, that's what I get for spriting so early in the morning. XD I'll get to fixing the broken giraffe neck and junk in a bit.

Anything else I should fix while I'm at it?

EDIT: Sorry for taking so long, but here's the fixed sprite

hgtoV.gif

This is the right format, isn't it?

Edited by Kon

If you can do something about the coat shading (it looks really flat and awkward, and I can't help. . .), then it'll be better than anything else I could possibly do!

It took me 14 hours to try to fix her cloak. I blame Trent. Damn his addictive Let's Plays

xzpgO.gif

As you can see, I'm still crap at shading cloaks. I might need some help with this a bit, 'cause referencing the other cloaked sprites aren't helping me much.

The cloak looks nice. The collar looks a bit flat, and the hair seems too high on her head--other than that, pretty solid. I'm not sure if more of the ear should stick out or not. I personally think another row would be good.

Well darn, that's what I get for spriting so early in the morning. XD I'll get to fixing the broken giraffe neck and junk in a bit.

Anything else I should fix while I'm at it?

EDIT: Sorry for taking so long, but here's the fixed sprite

hgtoV.gif

This is the right format, isn't it?

From what I remember from doing it for my (fail) Cassie, the mouths are supposed to be the other way around, left-right wise. So closed on the right, gradually opening up as you get to the left.

I haven't been able to come on barely at all for the last couple of days, so I just wanted to come on now and thank you for the work. :D

Edited by Kngt_Of_Titania

It took me 14 hours to try to fix her cloak. I blame Trent. Damn his addictive Let's Plays

xzpgO.gif

As you can see, I'm still crap at shading cloaks. I might need some help with this a bit, 'cause referencing the other cloaked sprites aren't helping me much.

Awwww, thank you <3

but I'll just go ahead and second what Celice said; not that you need to keep working on it. It can be improved, but I think it's good enough as it is. Go back to it after taking a break from it; maybe you'll be able to see things wrong with it that you didn't notice before.