So Lugh got RNG Screwed..... Should I use Lilina

The only stats he leveled up after 11 freaking level ups were 2 skill, 3 resistance 1 strength, 2 speed and Hp. He had 4 level ups were he only leveled up HP.

This is my first time playing on Normal Mode and I am in the chapter where you recruit Lilina. I know her growths are skewed to favor Magic, Luck and resistance and she has a fast Roy Support fixing her skill issues. Should I use Lilina instead?

With those level ups I'd have no reservations over dropping banana boy, but I wouldn't really suggest Lilina in his place. She's slow and fragile, even on normal mode. The Roy support is a nice bonus though.

Also should I use any Stat boosters like Speed Wings on her? Most of the units i'm using have above average speed growths anyways(Rutger, Shanna, Maybe Dick, Chad, Alan, Lance) and I might replace Sue with Shin

Edited by Valkarian

Definitely give her a shot. If her growths co-operate she'll become a monster. If they don't, you can replace her with Ray when he appears.

Well, if op wants an anima magic user, they could go for Hugh because I think he got some okay bases when you recruit him with the 10k.

Go with Lilina. Her super fast and super helpful support with Roy is not to be underestimated. Just be sure to throw her a speedwings or two if and when you come across any.

Holy crap Lilina is like the opposite of Lugh on this playthrough XD, I'm about to start 8x and she got like 3 or 4 perfect level ups and she leveled up Magic, Speed and Skill or every level up. She's not even at Lugh's level yet and she already surpassed him in about every stat except HP and defense

though I probably should expect less from her skill and speed growths in the future, she is already doubling most of the generic enemies in the game save the occasional mercenary.

Lilina likes you~!

Leverage that Speed advantage for as long as possible. The stronger she gets, the less headache it'll be when the enemies catch up.

Lilina 2 op plz nerf.

Also, as someone above said, Cecilia is too weak to reeplace Lugh with her. She's useful as a staffbot only, IMO.

I wouldn't say she's useless as she has great movement and can use some powerful spells such as aircalibur right from the start. She has great supports, but close range combat should be limited with her as her speed is rather bad. She would be a lot better if she had better starting stats equal to or slightly below Percival.

Yeah, Cecilia has absolutely terrible stats for a pre-promote,. And the thing is, while most pre-promotes in this game end up with relatively bad final stats(only Karel, Perceval, Hard Mode Garret, the snipers[lol], and maybe Bartre and/or Echidna have decent final averages if fully leveled) because very few of them have good growths, most of them at least have decent bases and for their level and join time, but not Cecilia. If it weren't for staff utility, high movement, her starting A in anima, and/or her good supports she'd be utter trash.

More on topic, I always use Lugh and Lilina. Both are useful IMO. Lugh's probably a bit better overall, due to better speed and availability, but Lilina has the highest Str/Mag growth in the game aside from Karel and Fae, and a very fast and useful support with Roy, plus Roy/Lilina is my FE6 OTP, so she's not a bad choice at all, and there's nothing stopping you from using multiple units of the same class.

Edited by Matthewtheman

I went with Lilina, and I can definitely say that Speed is her only actual weakness - and even that was perfectly manageable. She has low HP/Defence, but so are most magic-oriented units anyway. Besides, the two "weaknesses" means absolute jack shit in FE6/Avoid Emblem if you continue to get RNG-blessed with her Speed (as you mentioned), and if her Luck stays at least as per her average. Her low Skill can be easily made up with her high Luck, the anima tome's high base accuracy rates, and her speed-dating (A-Support) with Roy (who also have to be sent to the back in later Chapters anyway). Give her speed wings, and you'll be absolutely fine.

Edited by henrymidfields

• 4 weeks later...

Wait for Hugh instead. Pay him for pull price and get good stats. Harder to get RNG screwed.

Hugh's growths suck though, only his speed and HP growths are decent, and his bases aren't that great. The only reason to recruit him is for his nice items, particularly the Member Card. And his availability sucks.

• 1 month later...