Project 76

fuzz94

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aura Wolf does really great maps xD looking forward to this~

He really does. Even though he's been with us for a very long time, that was his first contribution. lazy piece o' poop

oooh that's a nice armour knight palette.

I really like Ren's palette. :D

Thankies. The mug's palette was taken from an unfinished version of her done by Sqawl, that didn't come out as great as he wanted. I saw some similarities between that and Acha's Catherine, and made some edits, and then Mew cleaned it up and gave us what we have.

• 2 months later...

Happy "The Panic to Submit for FEE3 on time is over" day.

I wish I had a full chapter to share with you all, but unfortunately my laptop charger broke and I was out of commission for 3 weeks or so, and I didn't have enough time to finish chapter 2 on time. But there was an extra scene added to chapter 1 since the screens, so please welcome...

s7st.png

The Dashing Lord Fyton.

Credz to Acha, Mew and GabrielKnight for making it, and GabrielKnight for framing/formatting about 2 hours before the deadline.

Anyway, hopefully chapter 2 will be done by the time the actual event rolls around. We've got some graphical updates coming in soon as well, but thats it for now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So what the hell have you guys been up to?

...truthfully, not a whole lot. College takes lots of time and shit. But we've got some progress on chapter 2.

2l8c.pngigjb.png

p19z.pngnqoc.png

We've got some shiny new mugs and what not, but nothing much after that.

Once this chapter is finished we're gonna throw it into some beta-testing and then hopefully we'll release a public patch soonish.

That's all for now guys.

Man that thief(?) is tall. Also I really like Riven's new mug, but the green bugs me... I don't know I think the difference between the two shades is too big?

I also like the minor changes to the archer.

So what the hell have you guys been up to?

...truthfully, not a whole lot. College takes lots of time and shit. But we've got some progress on chapter 2.

2l8c.pngigjb.png

p19z.pngnqoc.png

We've got some shiny new mugs and what not, but nothing much after that.

Once this chapter is finished we're gonna throw it into some beta-testing and then hopefully we'll release a public patch soonish.

That's all for now guys.

Those portraits are eye candy. I'm jelly now.

This looks sweet. I might as well support this project, because you probably don't need the likes of my awesome terrible splices that I make. Haha.

Good luck, it looks very promising so far!

Edited by PixelmanFE

Killer lance in chapter 2. What an ass.

Keep at it, my boy.

Funny thing is I didn't do that part of it but...

lol, thanks primey <3

Man that thief(?) is tall. Also I really like Riven's new mug, but the green bugs me... I don't know I think the difference between the two shades is too big?

I also like the minor changes to the archer.

Yeah Keelan is pretty damn tall mug wise, but it's technically just showing more of his body. Idk, i think mew did a marvellous job

there has been lots of talk of the green on his shirt but nothing ever got done, but i'm pretty sure we'll finally come to a decision.

and yeah Mewy does lots of great things for us such as that Revamp of HT. Isn't she wonderful?

Those portraits are eye candy. I'm jelly now.

This looks sweet. I might as well support this project, because you probably don't need the likes of my awesome terrible splices that I make. Haha.

Good luck, it looks very promising so far!

Thanks a lot man!

Our two main spriters are Mewiyev and Acha, as well as a few other people like L95 and GabrielKnight. All of them have been great graphical assets.

We love you too fuzz <3

Heh, I had a feeling someone would still be bothered by the green.

I'm still bitching about how painful Riven was to make

Riven was pretty much a team effort and turned out nicely.

Yey for progress! And sorry if I've been absent for quite a looooooooong time.

Damn, Mew's doing great on the portraits. There's some weirdness going on with Archer dude's mask and neck though. It looks like he's got a giraffe neck and the outline under his mask makes him look like he has a super weird chin. :/

I have been mentioned. Hello.

And masked guys-name who I forget colors are a tad too dark

shites he's in FE8 colors, we never fixed that

We love you too fuzz <3

Heh, I had a feeling someone would still be bothered by the green.

I'm still bitching about how painful Riven was to make

Riven was pretty much a team effort and turned out nicely.

Yey for progress! And sorry if I've been absent for quite a looooooooong time.

acha <3

Yeah we'll figure riven out eventually haha, that took so long to finish. and isnt finished yet

All of us have been haha

I swear if this soldier has infinte speed as well... :E

I'll put out two patches, a public patch and Skitty-Man patch where they all have infinite speed.

Damn, Mew's doing great on the portraits. There's some weirdness going on with Archer dude's mask and neck though. It looks like he's got a giraffe neck and the outline under his mask makes him look like he has a super weird chin. :/

yes she is! she's done so much for us I'm so grateful.

and it's a WIP but i had plugged it in for FEE3 cause it was better than the original. she is still working on it the frames are still really jumpy thats how much of a WIP it is

• 4 weeks later...

Sooooooooooooooooooo..... College takes up a lot of time, and P76 hasnt moved at all since the summer ended.

Due to this extended period of inactivity, Agro and I realized that the ROM is really messy, everything is randomly thrown about, and almost every time we change something, something else goes wrong. Now we would just start with a fresh ROM, and reinserting everything would take like, 2 days tops, but with the extended time, Agro got a bunch of new ideas floating around and such, so we've decided to start fresh.

Now with that, we know that we've got quite a bit of work ahead to do that, and very little time to actually work on it. We've been told that FEXNA's public release shall come soon enough, so we're gonna wait until then to start working again.

In the mean time, we're gonna keep working on writing, mugs, animations and some other planning until it can all be implemented.

On top of that, we're going to finish Chapter 2 in the ROM, polish the patch, beta test it, and then release it as it will no longer be worked on. Contact one of us if you're interested in beta testing.

tl;dr

ROM is unorganized and it's a problem, and we're limited on time to do stuff, so we're starting fresh when FEXNA is released to the world, whenever that may be.

That's all for now guys, we'll have more news comin to you soon enough

We've been told that FEXNA's public release shall come soon enough, so we're gonna wait until then to start working again.

Aside from vanilla class animations still needing to be added, like Assassin and etc, it's actually pretty much done. The only things left to do now are optimize it a bit more, make it much more user friendly, and me to write a guide for it, which I am working on.

Aside from vanilla class animations still needing to be added, like Assassin and etc, it's actually pretty much done. The only things left to do now are optimize it a bit more, make it much more user friendly, and me to write a guide for it, which I am working on.

word that's good news, we won't be working on it for a while anyway

Fun times

Hacking is really hard to keep organized and unless you invest the necessary time into it and are willing to have someone seriously take the lead in managing/handling everything, it's going to be a pain.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that it's a mod and not really a proper project.

But if you're using a well-developed system then that's different and I think you'll have better luck with this "FEXNA" thing

yeah that's the hope, i messed up a lot with the unorganizing, and we uhh, coughcoughAgrocoughcough accidentally expanded the ROM to max size right in the beginning, and that made FEditor bug the fuck out.

I've seen the videos of FE7x as well as some screen shots of some of the tools, and it appears to be much more efficient.

Yeti made a brand new map editor this weekend. That tool is way better than mappy and tiled combined XD

Once my guide is written and we optimize a few processes...

Huh. Really. I thought Mappy was good enough...

On topic now:

I really wish you luck with FE7x! Will it still be 10 chapters + route split? Will it go more? Will Riven and Harrel still be the main characters? I'm really excited where this could be going.