FE 7 Fixed Growths Mod Question

georgetruman

I just downloaded and patched the "Tony Mod" fixed growth patch to a FE 7 (u) file. It says that it successfully patched, but It doesn't seem that growth rates have been "fixed" at all. Stat growths still seem to be random, and they change when I reload or use a different seed. Is there something I am misunderstanding about the patch, or am I perhaps doing something else that would prohibit the patch from functioning?

I am using the version of Tony's Mod that downloads automatically when you click on the link in the pinned thread, and I am using NUPS to patch it.

Thanks for any help.

I use it all the time and it works fine?

Are you sure you're calcing the stats correctly; it's not the exact same as the averages stats on SF which calculates the starting level always at 1 and applies the forumla according

quick example of the differences

let's go with Heath

e355f04eaf.png

however, it's calculating the level 1 stats with his growths so he's effectively

3e274a5f75.png

with the truncating rounding

41af556f9a.png

so in reality his level 7 stats are something along the lines of

f1ea858d05.png

give or take a bit of rounding will take place, but this is what the stats will be added to(speed will be at 7.15 at level 8 instead of at 7.45, etc.)

I mean maybe I'm remembering how it works incorrectly(and someone should correct me), but if this is the inconsistency you see then this would be why.

Edited by Skitty of Time

Well, remember that fixed growths uses a complicated system that gives people "progress" towards specific stats, so a guy with 15% res growth gains 15% "progress", and when it hits 100 he gains a res. And its much faster for the higher growths, not to mention that some stats start with some "progress" already in so the first level isnt a dud. ASSUMING this works the same as in the original FE game it was in, and Im not just totally uninformed about this whole thing.

I use it all the time and it works fine?

Are you sure you're calcing the stats correctly; it's not the exact same as the averages stats on SF which calculates the starting level always at 1 and applies the forumla according

quick example of the differences

let's go with Heath

e355f04eaf.png

however, it's calculating the level 1 stats with his growths so he's effectively

3e274a5f75.png

with the truncating rounding

41af556f9a.png

so in reality his level 7 stats are something along the lines of

f1ea858d05.png

give or take a bit of rounding will take place, but this is what the stats will be added to(speed will be at 7.15 at level 8 instead of at 7.45, etc.)

I mean maybe I'm remembering how it works incorrectly(and someone should correct me), but if this is the inconsistency you see then this would be why.

So if I level Sain from 1 to 2, he should gain the same level up every time, right? When I reload the map and play it out differently, Sain levels up differently - thats what I mean by consistency.

Oh.

Then I don't know, maybe you didn't actually apply the patch? That's very strange.

...Wait they check for level 0 not level 1(If it was level 1, every level 1 would be an empty level up), but whatever, that wasn't the issue anyway

it's not completely fixed

if anything tony mode is even more random because it resets the RNG on reload

Wouldn't an easy way to check for patch application be to reset the game and see if the rng changes?