Generic Portrait Compilation and Capture Info) Edit: Updated with Possessed Versions and Info on Generic Capture

IGdood

These poor souls who get killed by our beloved characters in every manner imaginable.

I put together their portraits for those interested...though I'm not sure if someone already did this hopefully not, 2 hours in MS paint; I really like their designs and definitely will make ample use of the capture function.

The class names I borrowed from the other Class Thread, though I myself would've translated some of the kanji differently. Anyways, enjoy.

Nohr (Is it just me or do the Nohrian generics look shady as fuck?)

Some Info from Ayra on what a player can do with generics:

- You can promote a generic character: they have the regular two options of their class. If you promote them, they keep their original portrait and do not get the generic portrait for the new class.

- You cannot class change a non-promoted generic. You can class change a promoted generic only to the other class from the class tree. For example, I have a generic Revenant Knight, and I can class change him to Wyvern Lord only.

- You can only capture regular humans. This means no monster, and no phantom or "glowy purple eyes" units.

- You cannot capture generic garous. I assume the same applies for the foxes.

- They do use the "smiling, hurt, ect" faces, and not just in battle. For example, while promoting my Rod Knight she had a sinister smirk on her portrait. Their expression changes depending on their level up gains. Their quotes is all "...!" "!!", ect, as expected.

- The only data I have so far for class change is a Revenant Knight being able to reclass to a Wyvern Lord, and Maid being able to reclass to Strategist. I wish I had a larger sample to give, but most of my generics are not promoted yet.

- None of them had any skills to start with, but they gain 1 class skill per level (just like a regular character that got class changed).

- No ideas about their growths: I didn't actually use any extensively yet, but they usually had 4-5 stats level up which is pretty darn good but the data sample is just way too small to reach a conclusion. Their base stats weren't half bad either actually.

- You can actually put accessories on the characters just like regular characters. You can use them on your castle defense team (you could actually make your defense team be 100% generics).

- The biggest advantage (arguably) of the Fate generics compared to the Awakening Einherjar is that they look as if they belong in the game. Their portrait is in the exact same style as the main characters, there's no ugly border, no blue glow around them when they fight. Besides their lack of quotes (and not being able to man your castle buildings), they really are full-fledged characters.

- Captured units do keep both their exact stats (100% identical at least on Hard) and they keep any skills they had prior to being captured.

Possessed Versions: Source from BlueSunStudios

The Dark Mage is in fact male.

The Strategist is female.

PLF2jFf.jpg

MsPT6ia.jpg

Hoshido

VseRU5D.jpg

0yj1LTy.jpg

Edited by IGdood

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Hoshido designs. The Japanese aesthetic makes them stand out more than the Nohr units. Dear god though that beserker helmet is the stupidest design I've ever seen. Unless beserkers are secretly moose people.

- Rod Knights are well-dressed indeed!

- THE DARK MAGE IS MALE?!

- You'd think that the generic ninjas would have something covering the lower half of their face. . .perhaps Saizou is the exception?

- If Avatar could have kids with generics, I'd marry the Holy Bowman in a heartbeat!

I love everything about the Oni-line generics. Weapon Master also looks amazingly smug, and I really like the Great Knight design. Mountain Priest, Basara, Puppeteer are all just dripping with character.

May I have 20 Adventurers please?

EDIT: I need Revenant Knight in my life.

Edited by Honey Bunny

I love the Hoshido designs. The Japanese aesthetic makes them stand out more than the Nohr units. Dear god though that beserker helmet is the stupidest design I've ever seen. Unless beserkers are secretly moose people.

You have something against moose?

But on topic i love nearly all of these generics they are pretty amazing for generics, I gotta catch them all.

- Rod Knights are well-dressed indeed!

- THE DARK MAGE IS MALE?!

- You'd think that the generic ninjas would have something covering the lower half of their face. . .perhaps Saizou is the exception?

- If Avatar could have kids with generics, I'd marry the Holy Bowman in a heartbeat!

Heeeeeey haven't seen you in awhile.

I really, really dig their hats.

Dark mage is in fact male, his portrait filename has the kanji character for male.

Dunno about the ninjas, I guess they wanted to opt for the non-cliche look. I do really like how the lower classes retain their face and hair color after their promotion.

What the hell is a doll? Whatever it is it's super creepy.

Look like an ability of the Puppeteer

Thanks for the upload, looking forward to what else you find.

No problem!

Can our puppeteers do that? Cause that would be amazing.

Pretty sure they can

That doll is nerve wracking

Its low HP portrait is even more nerve wracking. Should I upload it

Edited by IGdood