Rate the Unit, Day 20: Innes

In Eirika's Mode he's fucking orgasmic. His bases are godly, his auto-A rank is godly, and he has decent enough growths to keep up the godliness for most of the game. In CC he's somewhat less useful than he is in the entire game, but he has decent defenses and can one-shot Deathgoyles so he's not bad either.

Locked to bows means no enemy phase but if you have any idea what you're doing that shouldn't really be a hamper on the things that he can do.

9/10

It would be a perfect score but man, bows.

In Eirika's Mode he's fucking orgasmic. His bases are godly, his auto-A rank is godly, and he has decent enough growths to keep up the godliness for most of the game. In CC he's somewhat less useful than he is in the entire game, but he has decent defenses and can one-shot Deathgoyles so he's not bad either.

oh look how this guy explicitly stated that he was only considering eirika's route

see how this is done, people

it's not fucking hard

sucks in Ephraim route 0/10

anyway

Innes is a pretty cool guy. He comes with instant silvers, and helps clear out those pricks in the treasure room that don't move in Chapter 11 with a longbow. Despite having pretty good offence forever, his use is limited because of his class.

5.5 + 1 bias = 6.5/10

With Seth and maybe Franz plowing through enemies, it's up to this guy to take care of stuff behind walls/stuff that somehow survives. He's great for taking out those flying annoyances with a Silver Bow. His skill is pretty useless, though.

6/10

If only he had a crit bonus... oh, well. As it stands, his rank is excellent, as are his bases. Best bow user if Ranger Gerik doesn't exist, and even if he does there's no way Gerik will reach Nidhogg. His growths let him keep up pretty easily and consistently.

7/10.

Innes, the Prince of Frelia and has a perpetual wedgie.

Pros:

Good bases.

Great bow rank. (fuck yeah that Silver bow!)

Not squishy.

Can rock some ass in Eirika's Route especially in that joining chapter. (Of course Saleh still can make Innes look dumb in that route.)

Can spam Nidhogg later. (Cuz come on, you guys arent gonna use Neimi and Gerik's bow rank as a Ranger probably wont be THAT high...)

Cons:

D: Sniper. That means bow lock. Ewwwwwww....

No enemy phase.

Kinda lags behind the rest of the team. Mostly movement wise.

Ill cut the chase, i really dont like Innes or his stupid mullet. The guy is a putz. The other archer in this game sucks wanky but she can at least get a horsie. Ephraim route goes "LOOOOOOOL no" at Innes as well. Hes pretty decent as a unit but GAWD i just...dont like this guy.

6/10. Biased rank 4/10. Like i said, i dont like him.

sucks in Ephraim route 0/10

anyway

Innes is a pretty cool guy. He comes with instant silvers, and helps clear out those pricks in the treasure room that don't move in Chapter 11 with a longbow. Despite having pretty good offence forever, his use is limited because of his class.

5.5 + -.5 bias = 5/10

Also Eirika route or bust.

I actually like Innes, even though he's a prick. I'm not sure why - I usually don't like pricks - but I do like his supports with Vanessa. Shows an nicer side of him, plus ... he's actually not that much of a prick.

Anyway, Innes shows up on chapter 10 of Eirika's route. He's a prepromoted sniper who joins with a silver bow, and you find him with Gerik and Tethys in the south portion of the map, killing stuff. First of all, Innes is a sniper, so he's going to be seeing limited action, and he's a sitting duck if he's attacked at 1-range. (Speaking of ducks, has anyone other than me noticed that the back hair of the male archer/sniper's battle sprite looks like a duck's butt?) His bases are pretty good, even if his growths are average at best, and those bases will get him far enough in his game. He has easy access to Nidhogg if you use him, can kill stuff dead or at least weaken it for other people to kill, and he is durable enough to withstand a couple of hits.

6/10, because he's a sniper who can't attack at 1-range, but at least you don't have to train him from a low level and terrible bases (Neimi, Rebecca, Wil) and he is pretty darn usable from the moment you get him.

and a 7 from me

final tally, FireEmblemReignsSupreme and Cap'n Flint's ratings have both been rejected. I feel I gave ample warning, so sympathy is at an all-time low.