L95's stuff of whatever

Book of Ereshkigal

Woop.

peggyandsworddude.png

Pegasus knight and a sword master type. Tried out the darker skin tone on him. Which haircolor looks better?

The second pegasus knight has an edited ponytail because FEditor would cut off the first one.

Now that I look at them more they all have trim issues....

Edited by L95

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know why it's cut off :B

That's what the second one is for, hence the ponytail being moved over and the bangs being snipped.

Probably is why she's pouting :T

lolololololu.png

Fixed cutoff trim.Changed her expression.

Hmm... Do you have any better color Ideas for him?

Edited by L95

It still utterly baffles me how Lyn manages to get her ponytail that high, let alone that far away from her head. That being said, her ponytail is really out there, mate. Also, random shaded spot on the spaulder. People forget to remove that from Fiora. The hair tie is kinda choppy, too.

No ideas for the swordy fellow. I'd just twiddle with some custom palettes.

Ohhhh, Alright XD

I thought that might've been what you were talking about, was sure.

Like this? I also changed one of the outline pixels does it look ok or should I change it back?

lolololololn.png

-just noticed mention about collar-

I'll change that too.

Edited by L95

Ooh I like that ponytail. But that trim on her collar doesn't look like it aligns with the rest of her body and I suggest bumping it to the right (our right).

As for the thief the hair doesn't look right. I think that if it's going to fall straight down then maybe have it come in front of that collar thingy. If it's going behind her back then I think you should angle it backward some more. (Or at least angle that bit coming over on the left, though the part on the right doesn't seem right heehee either)

I might just do that.

I got bored of mugs, so I tried something different for once.

exampleur.png

I inserted it and most of the frames look fine except for the 'selected' frames. They look completely shitty :< I'll mess with them some later.

It's supposed to be a dark mage.

Edited by L95

Made new selected frames, they're not quite what I want but they're much better than the old ones.

selected2.png

I'll work on the shading in a bit, Should I use less of the darker blues? It seems like most of the OW sprites use the darker colors more sparingly than I do.

stick armsssssss

Edited by L95

• 2 weeks later...

Been splicing some.

Here are some of the better-ish ones.

pegloyse.png

I know the collar/neck/hair(olol) is kinda screwed up.

shamanm.png

The cloaked version is just me trying out the whole shadow over the face thing.

I'm thinking that I should join the shirt to the choker(?) on the other one. Also, suggestions on the ponytail would be nice.

13145766.png

Meh.

Suggestions on how to make them better would be awesome. :B

Just a note, I haven't checked their colors in usenti. I'll fix those issues soon.

Edited by L95

First one: on our right her hair is inside the tied part of the bandanna, but on the left left opv it is outside of the bandanna. Thats strangely inconsistent and it wouldn't make sense for her hair to be on/above/outside of her bandanna like that. Obviously there are trim issues on the collar.

Second and Third ones: Thats way too much and too dark of shading on the right side of her face there I think. Also its shaped strange. The ribbon thing on the left should probably go in front of her cloak not behind it. The shading where the hair meets the forehead on the non-cloaked ones is too rough/stark. Her eyebrows, mainly the left one, are shaped strange. They are kind of too flat I think and shaded incorrectly. Reference other eyebrows. For the ponytail I think you could work on making that one straight diagonal area on the top of it less strait and edgy. Also I dont think we should still be seeing any of her shoulder with that ponytail covering it. Makes her Right shoulder look huge. I think connecting the shirt and choker could be a good idea, or giving her a different shirt that goes with it better. Also the choker makes her neck look just a little long I think. But that could be debatable.

Last one: I really like this one! On the left eye she is almost missing an eyebrow(its kind of there) and on the right eye her eyebrow seems thin and like theirs chunks of it shaved off kind of. Theres still a pixel of blue in the strand of hair that goes in front of her on the right. Maybe add a little shading between the left eye and the headband.

Hope that helps a little.

I have no idea why the images won't display properly. :l so, have some links

The lady with the bandana

I changed the hair.

I'm not exactly good at trim, does it look any better?

The reason why it's so dark is I was trying to imitate Bramimond.png

I guess the hood wouldn't make that much of a shadow though... I'll leave that alone for now.

Ponytail girl

Re spliced the ponytail, still not quite what I want it to look like. I think I improved the bang problem.

Does the shading on the shirt look alright? It looked flat otherwise.

Number 3

Eyebrows better?

Well the very bottom of the trim is all one color and I'd say adding a bit more variety down there would make it look better, at least with the second skin tone or something, maybe some of the third as well.

I haven't worked with the cloaks over the face type of thing so idk what to say there =D

As for the hair tie... When I tried tying my hair so it'd come over my shoulder, it's easiest keeping it there when pulling your hair over, then putting the tie on but a bit lower. But when that happens the hair also kinda pillows down (I guess) to rest on top of the shoulder.

This is the best I came up with on short notice xD

hairtie.png

So maybe if you make it look more like that it will look a bit more realistic.

With the eyebrows it looks like you raised the right one into the headband. I'd say once that reaches two pixels below the headband make it go more straight because being right up against the headband or going into it look too high. They might need to be a bit longer as well if what you put down was really how long you were making them. There doesn't really need[/s] to be so much dark in it because from what I've worked with there's usually just spots of the darkest skin color. I think the problem with the eyebrows in the very first mug to begin with was how the far right side of it either looked like it ended too soon, or you really had it there but the color was just too light compared to the rest. Though I'd still recommend keeping it at least two pixels below the headband so there's at least a pixel of space inbetween. =)

EDIT: Ok so now I see some sprites do have dark eyebrows but that one still looks like it might have too much dark in it...

Edited by Agnaktor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...