Revelation Chapter 24 - Final door, Which did you choose? (Spoilers)

Raybrand

Hi, just thinking about my first playthrough with Revelation and how surprised I was near the end of the chapter when you have to open either the blue or red door and I was wondering which door did you choose on your first playthrough?

When I was told in game to go through the red door this time as opposed to go through the blue door all those previous times I was suspicious but I did not think too much into it and I am also a gullible idiot and I opened the red door. After the dialogue that happens after you open the door I was like "Oh you F***ing TROLL!!" mixed with "Oh F*** !!!" because I was playing lunatic classic, my whole team was reduced to 1 hp and my whole team was grouped up by the door and thus in range to get killed.

But you know what! None of my team members died next turn! when I opened the door everyone was paired up so when my one of my characters opened the door, I swapped round the members who had their hp preserved (I didn't know that would be the case) and I managed to kill enough people in the room and form a safe perimeter round the team member who used their turn to open the door and thus couldnt switch. (Felt so amazing after that).

I fell for the trap, but I didn't spoil myself prior, so I just trusted Mikoto.

It wasn't too bad in the end since I welcomed the extra EXP. I was also armed with Rescue Staffs in case something went wrong.

Nope; the wrong door is always the one on the left, and the right one is the right one.

For the final door, the red door IS the booby trapped one.

The one that isnt the trapped one, I cant remember the colors too well. I have played through these types of gimmicks long enough to guess that the last door was going to be the opposite, and Mikoto's face when she says that last line only guaranteed it for me.

I had to restart the map anyway though because I wasnt expecting to have to deal with an entire group of enemies, and only had Corrin, Ryoma, and Kagero deployed for the mission so that I could sneak through easier. I redid the map with Ryoma, Kagero, Corrin, Keaton, and Sakura on the second time through though, which allowed me to clear that room easier.

Edited by Tolvir

For the final door, the red door IS the booby trapped one.

I remember blue being the correct one the first three times, and then red for the last one.

Edited by The DanMan

I remember blue being the correct one the first three times, and then red for the last one.

For the final door, Mikoto specifically tells you to pick Red, which turns out to be the trap.

For the final door, Mikoto specifically tells you to pick Red, which turns out to be the trap.

She tells you to pick the blue doors on the right the first three times, and then tells you to pick the door on the left the last time; you should take the right one (which is red).

The one that isnt the trapped one, I cant remember the colors too well. I have played through these types of gimmicks long enough to guess that the last door was going to be the opposite, and Mikoto's face when she says that last line only guaranteed it for me.

I don't remember that, I remember when I played I felt odd that this time she told me to open the red door instead of the blue door which I thought was odd but I don't remember noticing anything about her expression. Before that point I had to restart a couple of times due to a member getting killed so when I fell for the trap I was soo pissed

I played this chapter for the first time 2 days ago! Ugh. After I failed the stealth mission twice I researched the chapter and found out about the trick that way. I'm glad I didn't waste a ton of time.

She tells you to pick the blue doors on the right the first three times, and then tells you to pick the door on the left the last time; you should take the right one (which is red).

Actually, Jave is correct. Mikoto tells you to chose the red door, which is the trap. The "correct" way to beat the stage is to choose the blue door every time.

Actually, Jave is correct. Mikoto tells you to chose the red door, which is the trap. The "correct" way to beat the stage is to choose the blue door every time.

Ah. Got confused as to the trick she played on you. Shows how memorable the chapter is.

Ah Ha! I knew it! The DanMan trying to confuse me

Even without looking at the sites for information, whenever you get the "..." in a speech regarding instructions, I become very wary about what I just read and heard. Since "..." shows hesitation to speak clearly and properly, Corrin states that they could tell she wasn't being clear when she hesitated while talking to them (if you chose the Blue Door on the final choice). I choose Blue entirely each time but on my first and only Luna/Class run, I had run out of Staves/Rods by the time I reached Mikoto so I was already in a very ugly situation where anything could happen and I could lose a few of my units should the enemies target them as most of my team had < 50% HP.

Just out of curiosity, what does happen if you pick the final red door? I've never done it before.

You open a room with several enemies, which can kill you if your units are badly positioned.

Mikoto will also laugh at your misfortune.

You open a room with several enemies, which can kill you if your units are badly positioned.

Mikoto will also laugh at your misfortune.

There is also a huge explosion that damages your units.

There is also a huge explosion that damages your units.

Oh right, it leaves all your units with 1 HP (except those in the Support position on a Pair Up).

You can almost see the trollface on Mikoto.

Fell for the trap. Got pissed off at my own stupidity and because I had to fight when I just wanted boring ass Revelation to be over.

This. I was too nice and paid for it, severely. Almost lost Xander.

I chose the red door the first time I played the chapter because I trusted Mikoto... and then I did a soft reset because I'd already moved all my healers and no one was in guard stance.

I might chose the red door on purpose next playthrough just so I can see what happens if you open the blue door after triggering the trap.