Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance Dubbed Project

I think it's acceptable, considering that your microphone really limits your range.

I'll have to apologize in the meantime. I won't be able to submit a recording until tomorrow night, mainly because I'll be getting ready for an interview and won't be back until the evening starts.

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it.

And that's fine, jubetube.

glad to hear it. In the interim, should I start on the Burger King fight as well? maybe petrine? I know you were bouncing the idea of getting those 2 dubbed as well.

I liked it.

And that's fine, jubetube.

Alright, just download it from the top track. It's titled Jubedube-Ashnard (Endgame). Let me know if I need to redo any lines. I decided to keep some of the lines I did in the audition, mainly because I actually don't think I can improve on any of the lines I did previously. Additionally, if there are any lines you preferred from my auditions, you can always download those tracks and use them.

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Edit: After giving the recording a second hearing, I'll be doing a second attempt. I couldn't hear it before I posted it, but I failed to do my Ashnard voice properly. Hopefully I can post it later today.

Edited by jubedube

glad to hear it. In the interim, should I start on the Burger King fight as well? maybe petrine? I know you were bouncing the idea of getting those 2 dubbed as well.

jvonm voices Black Knight. I can't edit the fight, without the Black Knight's voice. Man, I hope people still remember this project. >v>

Looking over the video on

I think it would be better if you yelled the line "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD..." instead of saying it softly.

I apologize for posting this so late. I'm not as flexible with the voice as I'd like to be, but if I try to meet my own standards I'll never get it out. Posted beneath this is a link to my soundcloud, the track you'll need to download is titled Jubedube-Ashnard (Endgame2). Let me know if you want any adjustments made to it (I know my real voice cracks in a few times, which really takes away from the gravelly tone I'm attempting to set):

http://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Edit: Also, I kept in the medallion part I did before; I feel that my yelling audition yielded results that I'm not really able to improve without some luck. Additionally, if you liked some of my audition lines better (I know the "I have gained a foe worthy enough to test my sword" line was one I did before), feel free to download my yelling audition and cut it out.

Edited by jubedube

Tomo, you said Ike's lines too fast there. I know the game isn't meant to be dubbed, but just slow down a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3YL8ppMO4

This is how it looks before I continue. The way jubetube said it was perfect, so try going by that speed.

Edited by etern

Tomo, you said Ike's lines too fast there. I know the game isn't meant to be dubbed, but just slow down a bit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y3YL8ppMO4

This is how it looks before I continue. The way jubetube said it was perfect, so try going by that speed.

I didn't realize my audio was so quiet, sorry about that. If you're able, on the final version you should try to lower the game volume so that I can be heard. Either that or I can run up the volume as high as I can for my uploads, although, I don't know if it will improve the audio that much.

Mind telling me what program you're using to edit?

Sony Vegas 7.

I might as well mention, in case you're unfamiliar with the program. If it's not an issue with your video capture device, and you're willing to wait a little longer; vegas is capable of producing HD videos as long as you change your encode settings. However, I'm not certain what the aspect ratio of your original footage is, so it may only produce a video that has large black borders around it.

Some Canadians have bandwidths. I am one of those Canadians. I'm not entirely sure what bandwidth is, but I know it means we have a certain amount of internet usage per month. Making any HD videos will make my bandwidth go up quite a lot. The only time I can upload an HD video is at the end of the month. Plus, my DVD Recorder doesn't do HD.

Some Canadians have bandwidths. I am one of those Canadians. I'm not entirely sure what bandwidth is, but I know it means we have a certain amount of internet usage per month. Making any HD videos will make my bandwidth go up quite a lot. The only time I can upload an HD video is at the end of the month. Plus, my DVD Recorder doesn't do HD.

I had a feeling. Just so you know, I don't have a problem with the quality of the footage. I just thought that maybe it was your encode settings.

I don't know how to make the quality any better -- I've been using this device for years, and it's probably dying out.

Edited by etern

Besides, I looked up the cost of an HD PVR. You know how much?

$502.00 [with some cents, but I forgot the exact number of the cents]

I can't afford that! Not yet, anyways.

Besides, I looked up the cost of an HD PVR. You know how much?

$502.00 [with some cents, but I forgot the exact number of the cents]

I can't afford that! Not yet, anyways.

Try again.

$184.99 on Amazon, and I doubt Canada's Exchange rate skyrocketed since I last checked.

But again, it's not really that worth it:

A) If you don't have a component cable input for your TV, you're kinda screwed.

B) The Wii and GC games has 480p output max on component cables. That's not HD, but it DOES help if you were already using it for other HD enabled systems and decided to go for improving the Wii/GC graphics even just ever so slightly.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Truth be told, I don't really want HD on my videos. I just want better quality.

Edited by etern

All right, I'm almost done editing. I only need a sound file of Ashnard normally saying his death line. (You know, non-berserk Ashnard)

Edit:

And Tomo, if you don't mind, could you also send a few more files my way? I only need the following:

Ike saying "Now...it is truly over."

Ike's conversation with Berserk Ashnard:

"What...are you doing?

NO! You blind, stupid fool!

Flee! Get away, everyone!

He's touching the medallion! But he's still sane..."

Edited by etern

All right, I'm almost done editing. I only need a sound file of Ashnard normally saying his death line. (You know, non-berserk Ashnard)

Edit:

And Tomo, if you don't mind, could you also send a few more files my way? I only need the following:

Ike saying "Now...it is truly over."

Ike's conversation with Berserk Ashnard:

"What...are you doing?

NO! You blind, stupid fool!

Flee! Get away, everyone!

He's touching the medallion! But he's still sane..."

>now.....it is truly over

http://www.mediafire.com/?k9cp6hiydtdksyp

>vs berserk ashnard

http://www.mediafire.com/?bf2s8854kl25ma2

Er, I'm new to SerenesForest, and only joined because I wanted to do this. But I have two questions

1. My internet access is spotty at best. So could I do my audition by YouTube, and link it to you? I only ask because I can upload videos to YouTube with my phone.

2. Assuming I get the part, what do I upload my lines to, and you just want the sound file, right?

1 > Yes, YouTube is all right.

2 > You can upload them to YouTube as well, but all I do need is the sound file.

Also, be sure to check the main post to see which ones we have. We could always use bosses. Just as a heads up.

About the Bosses:

When I played, I assigned them the same, generic "evil, deep voice of bad-guyness." except for Bertram, Petrine, and a couple others.

I don't know if I'm the only one who does that, and I was wondering if that would affect the dub.

I'm perfectly happy to try out for them.

I don't know who I want to be, so feel free to slot me into whoever needs a person.

Like, I'm not sure, but I don't think anyone tried out for Reyson. I would LOVE to try Reyson.

Same thing with Brom. Or anyone else that needs an actor.

Not girls, though. I really don't think that would happen. I could try, though.

If you're a guy, I'd prefer if you don't try girls...please.

You could do your generic boss voice for some of the earlier bosses.