Berwick Saga Streaming - SATURDAY AT 1PM PST

Lord Raven

Hey all,

Would anyone be interested in me (twitch or livestream) streaming Berwick Saga? Be warned, it'll be a blind playthrough, and I may actually need someone who can read some Japanese here and there to help a bit in the early parts, but it won't be me playing for like 3-4 hours but more like 1-2 hour spurts whenever people are free. I can do doodle polls or whatever so I can plan some regularity, I'm on vacation basically after next week (which also means that I'll be paying more attention to my FE6 commentary too) and while I will have work this summer (since I have to be a summer TA) I will have plenty of time throughout June to do stuff too, it's when July and August hit that I won't be too free.

Let me know, I actually really want to do something like this

twitch.tv/lraven17 is my twitch account

Edited by Lord Raven

I am considering trying it out, so watching someone else tackle the game first wouldn't be too bad. Not sure when I'll be able to watch, so I'll have to see.

I found a GameFAQs thing that helps clarify some things, but I'm definitely very lost when it comes to the options menu, I did a test run the other day (with a few people) and I had no idea what disabled animations and let me view details before battle.

By default the game should be only showing you battle animations for boss / important enemy battles.

The animation settings are in page one of the options screen. There should be 6 tabs at the top.

On page 1, the first option allows you to reset things to default. Select it once, then pick the second option. I suggest doing this just to make sure most things are configured properly.

The second option (with 4 choices) controls animation. From left to right:

Everything - Battle only (no healing / support magic) - Boss only (default) - No animations

Note that you can invert the current config by confirming a battle with the square button instead of using the circle button. For example, in the default option, you can see battle animations for normal enemies by using square, and skipping animations for boss battles by doing the same.

Another 2 options that I like to use are disable by default:

- On page 1, the third option from bottom to top activates the highlight of attack hexes. By default the game will only show movement (this was the same in Tear Ring Saga)

- On page 2, the second option from bottom to top will show the area of effect for some skills, such as Reese's Commander (improves hit rate for units in a 3x3 area)

Not sure what you mean by details, it should always show them before battle.

Yeah, I was messing aroudn with some option and saw "OFF" so I assumed that it was to do with animations, but it turns out that messes with the information you see before a battle.

Thank you so much TFJ. There are some other options i'm going to play with so I can get a feel for what they do, I don't want to accidentally go into battle when I'm recruiting a mercenary. I have a guide for recruitment from gamefaqs though, even though the guy's formatting kind of blows.

The thing is that the gamefaqs one has a bunch of info in one place and in chapter sequence but I'll definitely be checking across things

http://doodle.com/t9ynk2gpqvm7dc57

I created a doodle poll. Ignore the specific dates; it's really meant to just be a Sunday to Saturday type thing, and you choose your best times. I won't be streaming for 6 hours straight, but I can plan like like a 2-3 hour block in that specific time block, possibly make a second one depending on when you're free. I did that because I didn't want to clutter up the first poll.

Please, please respond!

EDIT: Time is Arizona Standard Time, which is EST -3 during the summer.

Edited by Lord Raven

• 3 weeks later...

If it's okay with everyone, I'd like to do my first streaming on Friday at around 4pm Arizona Standard Time, and it will go for at least two hours, probably more depending on demand (but I doubt it because only one person has responded).

Edited by Lord Raven

I actually managed to see a bit of the second stream (Chapter 2-2 to be precise).

I had to go because of internet issues, but did you kill Derrick (the axe armor guy that looks like a generic)? Before I was gone you were attacking him.

Nope, I didn't. I actually keep things up on my tablet instead of switching between screens and I saw that warning.

I was like 15 turns into Chapter 3-1 but I'm going to restart because I missed a few things + two of the priests died. I'm thinking of posting a doodle poll onto reddit (and maybe here but nobody seems to care here) and I'll just be like "vote for the hours that I will guarantee a stream unless otherwise stated." Because I'm actually somewhat addicted to this game despite playing it at 30-40 fps all the time (and this is regardless of stream). I'm thinking of buying a massive fan because my computer slows down a lot due to heating issues.

This game is ridiculously weird though, I was saying this somewhere on stream with someone but basically it's weird to keep track of things in this game due to the strange turn queue. You really take for granted that someone is in trouble, because you're so focused on one part of the map that someone on another side is in trouble and it could lead to death.

Edited by Lord Raven

Derrick lives? Good. (Derrick is probably the most unpopular character in the game, but I like the poor guy).

The turn system takes a while to get used to. But I think it's a superior system because it provides more depth. And avoids that old FE problem where a unit in a checkpoint keeps killing stuff while taking damage and eventually dies.