Best Reclass Options

Psych

I was thinking of doing a run through and having to reclass everyone. I've been looking at their expected stats and growths, but just can't decide.

Does anyone have a list of either hard mode or normal mode? Include the Gaiden chapter characters, and Frey and Norne if you could.

No, more of just what's the best class for each character.

And I know I should reclass like every level or so to make up for certain stats, but I mean if like you could only reclass them once, what would it be?

But the characters that can become Archers can't become Hunters. That's kinda an unfair argument.

Even the characters that can become Archers usually don't want to do so. Archer class is simply bad, despite growths.

Most just go Sniper after promoting.

I thought I did something like this? Ah well I'll repost it again. This list excludes anyone that can't reclass.

Abel / Cain: Cavalier -> DracoKnight - Sniper - Paladin

Any of these work really. Paladin is only mentioned due to the higher Spd cap and using the ranks built up from before.

Doga: Hunter -> General or Fighter -> Berserker

You either get a doubling machine with durability or a doubling machine with innate crit.

Shiida: Mage -> Sage or Pegasus Knight -> Paladin

The latter is only for Wing Spear utility.

Jeigan: DracoKnight -> Sage / Bishop

Paladin for earlygame obviously. DracoKnight before starting C4 since flying utility and Jeigan's durability gets a small jump. Sage and Bishop are nothing more than longevity options.

Gordin: Curate

Pretty much earlygame archer, then Curate if you "want to do something".

Wrys: Curate

Earlygame healing, can extend his use since he is practically the only Class A aside from Lena and lolElice that gets a start on Staff rank (and is unpromoted).

Oguma: Mercenary -> Hero

Self-explainatory. Fighter if you're RNG lucky with Spd.

Cord / Barst: Fighter -> Hero or Hunter -> General

Fighter -> Hero gets the higher preference, but Hunter -> General also works for them. Some Mercenary work is also appreciated and easily flexible (C6X, C8, C9 for examples).

Bord: Armor Knight -> General or Hunter -> General

Whichever floats your boat really.

Darros: Armor Knight -> General or Hunter -> General

Mini-Zag / Wolf anyone?

Castor: Hunter -> General

Early promo this guy if you can, but otherwise isn't 100% necessary. AK -> General if you're dead worried about Def.

Lena: Curate

Don't bother promoting her. Just keep her for Hammerne.

Navarre: Cavalier -> DracoKnight

Semi-tanky helps his case.

Marich: Curate -> Sage

Dear God can't dispute this. Cavalier -> DracoKnight for lulz 18 Def by 20/1.

Matthis: Curate -> Sniper

Meh setup, but the only other options aren't very practical.

Wendell: Sage

DracoKnight gives him doubling progress and a little durability. Swordmaster for wtfSpeed and lol5 Str.

Hardin: Cavalier -> DracoKnight - Sniper - Paladin

Pretty self-explainatory. Go B Lances!

Roshea: Curate -> Swordmaster

The guy desperately needs Speed. Need I say more?

Vyland: Cavalier -> Sniper

Just stick with this. He needs all the help he can get, but works fine otherwise.

Zagaro / Wolf: General or Hero

I put more emphasis on General despite what BBlade says about Hero!Zag working because General has a slightly more "uber" period.

Athena: Pegasus Knight -> DracoKnight

Think Navarre with some more levels and slightly higher Str.

Caesar: Hunter -> General

His best route IMO. Fighter -> Hero works okay but it's a rather iffy set-up.

Radd: Cleric -> Sniper

Works alright, but he comes kind of late.

Roger: Fighter -> Hero

If you're willing to give him C10's Speedwing, he can double right away.

George: Sniper

Not bad with the A Rank in bows. Sucks he's mediocre otherwise.

Minerva: Sniper or DracoKnight

Sniper is pretty much her earlygame while DracoKnight lets her tank a little bit or abuse her A Axes.

Maria: Cleric

Pretty much a filler. Go Sage if you want, but don't expect much.

Linde: Curate -> Sage

If you really want to use her, her best option is here. Mage gives her some Aura utility.

Macellan: Hunter -> General

Yeah, except his Def scores aren't so hot.

Dolph: Hunter -> General

But this guy is. Slap an early promotion on him and watch him roll.

Midia: Sniper

Better hope she gets some level ups.

Boah: Sage

BOAHBOAHBOAHBOAHBOAH.

Thomas: Cleric -> Sniper

If you're really, REALLY wanting Archer -> Sniper... but this route is simply faster.

Horace: General

I'd slip into Hero for C15 if you can. Tossing him a DracoShield gives him usage past C19.

Astram: Hero

Because any other option makes him REALLY bad.

Katua / Paola: Pegasus Knight -> Sniper - Paladin

I'd put more emphasis on Sniper with Paola, probably the same with Katua since Sniper is simply a great class with her high Spd growth.

Samson: Hero

Think Astram except with a better weapon rank and less RNG-screwable. Don't expect him to last long though.

Arran: Halb- I mean Sniper

Nephenee was here. Devdan is a loser! OR is it Danved?

Etzel: Sorcerer

Self-explainatory. Go Berserker for 100% HP growth!!!

Est: Curate -> Sniper

Patience, my child. Or go Pegasus Knight if you miraculously have all three sisters.

Lorenz: General

Because any other reclass route is suicide.

Ymir: Hero

He needs a statbooster (Speedwing or two) but he can function alright. Sucks his Axe Rank becomes a goddamn C and a half.

Elice: Curate

A Staves. W00t! Go Myrmidion for h4x capabilities!

===

This should cover everyone I think.

Edited by Colonel M

I thought I did something like this? Ah well I'll repost it again. This list excludes anyone that can't reclass.

Abel / Cain: Cavalier -> DracoKnight - Sniper - Paladin

Any of these work really. Paladin is only mentioned due to the higher Spd cap and using the ranks built up from before.

Doga: Hunter -> General or Fighter -> Berserker

You either get a doubling machine with durability or a doubling machine with innate crit.

Shiida: Mage -> Sage or Pegasus Knight -> Paladin

The latter is only for Wing Spear utility.

Jeigan: DracoKnight -> Sage / Bishop

Paladin for earlygame obviously. DracoKnight before starting C4 since flying utility and Jeigan's durability gets a small jump. Sage and Bishop are nothing more than longevity options.

Gordin: Curate

Pretty much earlygame archer, then Curate if you "want to do something".

Wrys: Curate

Earlygame healing. Aside from that, not worth using IMO.

Oguma: Mercenary -> Hero

Self-explainatory.

Cord / Barst: Fighter -> Hero or Hunter -> General

Fighter -> Hero gets the higher preference, but Hunter -> General also works for them. Some Mercenary work is also appreciated and easily flexible (C6X, C8, C9 for examples).

Bord: Armor Knight -> General or Hunter -> General

Whichever floats your boat really.

Darros: Armor Knight -> General or Hunter -> General

Mini-Zag / Wolf anyone?

Castor: Hunter -> General

Early promo this guy if you can, but otherwise isn't 100% necessary. AK -> General if you're dead worried about Def.

Navarre: Cavalier -> DracoKnight

Semi-tanky helps his case.

Marich: Curate -> Sage

Dear God can't dispute this. Cavalier -> DracoKnight for lulz 18 Def by 20/1.

Matthis: Curate -> Sniper

Meh setup, but the only other options aren't very practical.

Wendell: Sage

DracoKnight gives him doubling progress and a little durability. Swordmaster for wtfSpeed and lol5 Str.

Hardin: Cavalier -> DracoKnight - Sniper - Paladin

Pretty self-explainatory. Go B Lances!

Roshea: Curate -> Swordmaster

The guy desperately needs Speed. Need I say more?

Vyland: Cavalier -> Sniper

Just stick with this. He needs all the help he can get, but works fine otherwise.

Zagaro / Wolf: General or Hero

I put more emphasis on General despite what BBlade says about Hero!Zag working because General has a slightly more "uber" period.

Athena: Pegasus Knight -> DracoKnight

Think Navarre with some more levels and slightly higher Str.

Caesar: Hunter -> General

His best route IMO. Fighter -> Hero works okay but it's a rather iffy set-up.

Roger: Fighter -> Hero

If you're willing to give him C10's Speedwing, he can double right away.

Minerva: Sniper or DracoKnight

Sniper is pretty much her earlygame while DracoKnight lets her tank a little bit or abuse her A Axes.

Linde: Curate -> Sage

If you really want to use her, her best option is here. Mage gives her some Aura utility.

Macellan: Hunter -> General

Yeah, except his Def scores aren't so hot.

Dolph: Hunter -> General

But this guy is. Slap an early promotion on him and watch him roll.

Midia: Sniper

Better hope she gets some level ups.

Boah: Sage

BOAHBOAHBOAHBOAHBOAH.

Horace: General

I'd slip into Hero for C15 if you can. Tossing him a DracoShield gives him usage past C19.

Astram: Hero

Because any other option makes him REALLY bad.

Katua / Paola: Pegasus Knight -> Sniper - Paladin

I'd put more emphasis on Sniper with Paola, probably the same with Katua since Sniper is simply a great class with her high Spd growth.

Samson: Hero

Think Astram except with a better weapon rank and less RNG-screwable. Don't expect him to last long though.

Arran: Halb- I mean Sniper

Nephenee was here. Devdan is a loser! OR is it Danved?

Etzel: Sorcerer

Self-explainatory. Go Berserker for 100% HP growth!!!

Est: Curate -> Sniper

Patience, my child. Or go Pegasus Knight if you miraculously have all three sisters.

Lorenz: General

Because any other reclass route is suicide.

Ymir: Hero

He needs a statbooster (Speedwing or two) but he can function alright. Sucks his Axe Rank becomes a goddamn C and a half.

Elice: Curate

A Staves. W00t! Go Myrmidion for h4x capabilities!

===

This should cover everyone I think.

Personally, I think that Palla makes a good Cleric -> Sniper since she'd have good res and still get decent str. Nice skl too.

Erhm. Riff's healing can last for a decent portion of the game, even if you never promote him.

Yes, though in reality it applies to any reclassed Curate too. Riff's minor credibility goes back to his okay Spd base and, possibly, a start-up on Staves.

Erhm. Riff's healing can last for a decent portion of the game, even if you never promote him.

Yes, though in reality it applies to any reclassed Curate too. Riff's minor credibility goes back to his okay Spd base and, possibly, a start-up on Staves.

He's still worth using as like an extra, third healer. He became Physic duty on some maps, just hanging back while other healers are front lining.

Fine fine, it's fixed.

Personally, I think that Palla makes a good Cleric -> Sniper since she'd have good res and still get decent str. Nice skl too.

It's only useful for A chapter really. Just stick with Pegasus Knight IMO unless you want to quickly hit Sniper.

Come on ma~n Mage -> Sage/Bishop is pretty good for Lena.

You still get the Hammerne staff.

Edited by Best Cleric/Bishop Ever

Thanks for posting that, Col M. That looks like a great guide, overall, for classing your characters.

A few points I might add:

Oguma can benefit from a few levels of Fighter if his Speed is good enough to double anything. He can use the Axe EXP and extra Str when he promotes to Hero.

Likewise, Barts can benefit from a few levels of Merc to get his Speed up and improve Sword EXP for his promotion.

If Frey is available, he's in the Cavalier -> DracoKnight - Sniper - Paladin camp with Abel and Cain.

Norne is similar to Gordin. She might have a hope of promoting to Sniper though, because her Spd is good and she has a little better Str than Gordin, if I recall.

Might as well add Raddy, Thomas, Maria, and George to the list, for completion. Not that they are likely to get fielded, but you have everyone else, anyway =).

I found Pegasus Knight -> Sniper to be pretty viable for Shiida. PK for early to midgame Wing Spear utility, Sniper when/if you don't need utility anymore to capitalize on Speed and avoid durability problems from counters.

Anyone tried running Navarre Curate -> Sage? On paper, it looks like he might turn out to be Marich-lite, with pretty good HP for a Sage.

I kept the Frey and Norne out for the sake of it usually revolving around H5. Otherwise, those would be the routes I'd consider.

I found Pegasus Knight -> Sniper to be pretty viable for Shiida. PK for early to midgame Wing Spear utility, Sniper when/if you don't need utility anymore to capitalize on Speed and avoid durability problems from counters.

Actually, that doesn't sound too bad on paper when you consider her doubling potential. I dunno the likeliness of an A rank in Bows, but nevertheless gives her a "slayer" weapon in C21, C22, and then Longbows for C23. Anyone willing to back up on this?

Anyone tried running Navarre Curate -> Sage? On paper, it looks like he might turn out to be Marich-lite, with pretty good HP for a Sage.

Even looking at 20/1 Sage!Navarre looks pretty bad: 11.7 Spd by 20/1. The HP might help but... he's nothing spectacular here.

if your doing campaign then all you need to do is relcass sedgar and wolf to general

or just that list above

for a wifi team you should reclass based on stats taht you are lacking

essentialy i am making a a what would look like a semi RNg abused team without RNG abusing (similar to sylvans team)

if your doing campaign then all you need to do is relcass sedgar and wolf to general
If you're playing H5, then don't use these two at all. Takes the challenge out of the game.

technicaly i was posting the best options for reclass however what u said is true if u wwant a real chalenge